• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the year a PAC South team finally wins the PAC-12?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we also saw Washington give a slightly better game to Alabama.

Highly unfair. Browne was the QB and nothing like Darnold. I would have rathered played UW than I would have playing USC again.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unfair. Browne was the QB and nothing like Darnold. I would have rathered played UW than I would have playing USC again.
I wanted Alabama to win either way.
I still think Alabama destroys USC with Darnold and still think if Browning was healthy against Bama it would have been even a little closer.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really unfortunate that half the time the Rose Bowl is a second tier bowl :gaah:
Yet USC/Penn State took center stage this year.

Honest question who did you want to play in the PAC CCG USC or Colorado? Were you rooting for Colorado when they played Utah in the final week of PAC conference play?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you asked a husky who won the north or who won the conference when Oregon did they would have told you Oregon did just like Im saying about UW now. How is that nut swinging or not knowing what team i root for? i can state facts like UW won the conference without it meaning im rooting for them
I never said it was nut swinging. It does seem a little SEC tho

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honest question who did you want to play in the PAC CCG USC or Colorado? Were you rooting for Colorado when they played Utah in the final week of PAC conference play?
Center stage where? Come on man :L:L:L

I didn't care who we played in the CCG. We either got Colorado, or got a shot at redemption. Do you really think that people were scared of SC? If anything, Colorado did you guys a favor. IF Colorado had lost and SC would have backdoored into the CCG and won, then it would be less money for the conference. Maybe next year SC can take care of their own business and not rely on other teams to do their work for them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was rooting for CU. But I'm biased, my youngest son is a student there right now.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Alabama to win either way.
I still think Alabama destroys USC with Darnold and still think if Browning was healthy against Bama it would have been even a little closer.
I disagree. I think Alabama beats USC with Darnold but it's a lot closer. If you watched the USC Alabama game. The USC defense was pretty solid at the start of the game. With Browne at Helm not moving the ball.The SC defensse spent a lot of time on the field. Which seriously wore on the SC defense.

Darnold is a major difference.He extends plays and moves the ball. And seems to be even more effective under pressure. Darold's play did not just translate to the S offense. But the defense as well. The entire dynamics of USC as a team.Changed when Darnold took over. Which was extremely evident in not just how they closed. But against Washington and Penn State.Lets not ignore that Penn State was the best team in the B1G.

I do not thing Brownings injury changes the results of Washington against Alabama. Lets not forget Browning's weakness was exposed against USC. Which was before his injury. He struggles when pressured. Makes poor decisions that either lead to Picks or poorly thrown balls. Alabama's defense is geared in the same manner as SC's. Both very aggressive.

Theres also a very good reason the Rose Bowl selection procedure is based on Rankings. The PAC does not go by a round robin system.Which raises a lot of variables.From differentials in divisional SOS,OOC SOS and head to head. Which plays a major role in the tie breaker system. You can hold on to."USC finished tied for third in the conference". However by the NCAA's standards they were the 2nd best team in the PAC. Nor does it change the facts. That they beat both Colorado and Washington,their final rankings,well earned Rose Bowl victory over the B1G champions or top 5 recruiting class.

I will say I am definitely enjoying all the talk about USC quite a bit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center stage where? Come on man :L:L:L

I didn't care who we played in the CCG. We either got Colorado, or got a shot at redemption. Do you really think that people were scared of SC? If anything, Colorado did you guys a favor. IF Colorado had lost and SC would have backdoored into the CCG and won, then it would be less money for the conference. Maybe next year SC can take care of their own business and not rely on other teams to do their work for them.
The 2nd best game of the year.Ranking above play off games.Aside from Alabama/Clemson.USC stole the show

I would have been happy to see SC/Udubs again.SC is the PAC for me

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd best game of the year.Ranking above play off games.Aside from Alabama/Clemson.USC stole the show

USC didn't deserve to finish the season # 3. meeeechegan did!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranked how? By viewers?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that. But I'm pretty sure Udubs did not want anything to do with SC again.

Ya know you're kinda cocky. Which is weird since your team is coach by Clay Aiken. Also...Lynn Swann sucks, go Jim Harbaugh!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked how? By viewers?
By several different venues. It wasn't hard to see when you watched the game. I wouldnt be surprised if it plays a role in play off expansion. USC and Penn State made a statement

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome is favored by +VIII in michigans spring game :dhd:

Pretty sure meeeechegan lost their spring game last year. But in 2015 they were spring game national champs. Check out the sweet ring they got for winning...

imagesS1WMSQD8.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just how we saw what happened when Alabama played USC, we also saw what happened when USC played Washington. No need to guess what team would beat what team.
Deflection. It's what you do.

There is a difference between which team is better and which had a better season. Those are not the same topic.

It was discussed heavily up here in the stretch toward the playoffs. You can only have one: Guaranteed rose bowl win; or probably playoff loss. Which do you take? In every poll along that line it was at least 2/3+ in favor of taking the poor chance of winning in the playoffs vs sure fire rose bowl. Yes, that's a hypothetical sure fire win.

Neither team was Clemson/Bama level last year. I liked our season and at least if we had to drop a game along the way it wasn't to a scrub team. They are building a solid foundation for this program. There is zero not to be happy about given how far they have come and how fast they have made this turn around.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah trustme really dropped the ball on his USC assessment didn't he?:dhd:

Well in trustme's defense he dropped the ball on several occasions trying to pimp-up Jimmy Jam.