• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the year a PAC South team finally wins the PAC-12?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. No one is disputing conference record.NO ONE! lol. You seriously have a learning disability or something like turrets because you just spout the same thing over and over.

Yes USC had tied for 3rd best conference record after regular season
No everything doesn't stop after regular season. You can move up or down in the national rankings depending on your bowl game or playoffs performance.
Yes , having the 3rd best conf record doesn't really mean anything . they take the HIGHEST RANKED team if the PAC champ goes to the playoffs. So USC was picked to go to the Rose bowl
YES USC was ranked higher than Colorado and Washington State prior to bowl games and below UW.
Yes after the final games (bowls) USC ended up the highest ranked team in the PAC.
Yes higher than Washington who won the conference.
Yes that means they ended up #3 in the country despite their conference record

My God. How many times and in how many ways (in crayon? Using leggos?) does it have to be spelled out to you.
Yes that is what I keep saying.
Yes the Conference race stops. and the start of the discussion was conference. not national, not post bowls, Conference.
Yes USC was picked to go to the Rose Bowl as the next highest ranked team. Who happened to be tied for 3rd in the conference. Your statement that they don't take the team with the 3rd best record or however you made it was false because they did that because of the other criteria. but it does not change the fact that that is what they did.

as for the rest of it one lump Yes that all happened. But what does that have to do with the Conference? That is what the discussion was. the Conference. Pac 12. not National. Conference

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot that whole USC beat Penn State thing. But interesting (clearly delusional) take.
I didn't forget it at all. but prior to the bowl games no one was talking about USC being in the playoff over them. and even after USC beat them I still never hear anyone say USC should have been in because everyone still remembered the first game with Alabama

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but still higher IN THE CONFERENCE.

Who, other than you gives a flying fuck? lol. USC ended up #3 in the country. Thats why they play bowl games.
Rose bowl champs and #3 in the country.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but still higher IN THE CONFERENCE.

Good for them. They can look at the trophy knowing they got beat by USC not only head to head at home but in the final poll. lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you all are still going on about this. Must be the off season. :tsk:

Huskies did in fact win the Pac. They had the best season in the conference. There is no doubt or debate about that.

Does it bother me that USC ended the season ranked higher? No, of course not. It is based off the entire imbalance of the post season in college football. We have no idea what the final score would have been had UW played Penn State. We can assume Penn State is not nearly as tough of an out as Bama is and we don't have to guess what USC might have done against them since we saw that first hand earlier that season. Sure, USC improved after that game, but enough to actually pull off the upset and beat them in the playoffs? I'm sure even most USC fans wouldn't presume to make that case.

So hang onto that season end ranking as meaning something more if you all need to. Doesn't take a thing away from winning the division, winning the conference, and making the playoffs as being a totally fucking outstanding season for UW nation.

Ok, you all can go back to your regularly scheduled round robin bitching.

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you all are still going on about this. Must be the off season. :tsk:

Huskies did in fact win the Pac. They had the best season in the conference. There is no doubt or debate about that.

Does it bother me that USC ended the season ranked higher? No, of course not. It is based off the entire imbalance of the post season in college football. We have no idea what the final score would have been had UW played Penn State. We can assume Penn State is not nearly as tough of an out as Bama is and we don't have to guess what USC might have done against them since we saw that first hand earlier that season. Sure, USC improved after that game, but enough to actually pull off the upset and beat them in the playoffs? I'm sure even most USC fans wouldn't presume to make that case.

So hang onto that season end ranking as meaning something more if you all need to. Doesn't take a thing away from winning the division, winning the conference, and making the playoffs as being a totally fucking outstanding season for UW nation.

Ok, you all can go back to your regularly scheduled round robin bitching.

:suds:
Well just how we saw what happened when Alabama played USC, we also saw what happened when USC played Washington. No need to guess what team would beat what team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe, go with me here, you don't know what it is and don't realize you keep doing it.

Uh, nope. It's very clear you don't. It is also clear that you know what nutswinging is because you keep doing it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't forget it at all. but prior to the bowl games no one was talking about USC being in the playoff over them. and even after USC beat them I still never hear anyone say USC should have been in

Then you forgot to pay your cable and internet bills because there were actually people in the media making a case for USC to be in the playoff. They based it on USC's being one of the 2 hottest teams in the country and having beat both teams that were playing in the PACCCG. The narrative was that USC was the one team in the country that no one not named Alabama wanted to play. I even posted in this very thread at the time that USC had no business being involved in the discussion because, despite how well they were playing, they didn't win the PAC.

So, not only do you not know what deflection is, you're also wrong about no one talking about USC being in the playoff.

You should probably quit while you're behind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, USC improved after that game, but enough to actually pull off the upset and beat them in the playoffs? I'm sure even most USC fans wouldn't presume to make that case.

Nah. USC would have given them a much better game, but I don't see USC beating them. Would USC have played them better than Washington? Maybe. The head to head between Washington and USC suggests yes. But, that's a transitive property which rarely works. My guess is USC's fate would have been similar to UW's.

Both teams had excellent seasons and have nothing to complain about, imo.

Personally, I just find it hilarious that after all of the shit Ducks fans piled on your Huskies, they now want to swing from your dicks.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a UW vs USC Pac-12 Championship Game?

630734486.jpg

636085394085528039-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-ALABAMA-VS-SOUTHERN-CALIFORNIA-84913298-alabama-vs-usc-highlights-recap-and-score.JPG

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and say it, one of these teams will defeat the North.

635777822728878846-1001491087_Pac-12%20South%20Football.png

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, other than you gives a flying fuck? lol. USC ended up #3 in the country. Thats why they play bowl games.
Rose bowl champs and #3 in the country.
Its not about who cares or doesn't. the topic of discussion was conference.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just how we saw what happened when Alabama played USC, we also saw what happened when USC played Washington. No need to guess what team would beat what team.
but we also saw Washington give a slightly better game to Alabama.
we also saw Utah beat USC but lose to Washington and lose to Oregon

The transitive property does not work in college football.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about who cares or doesn't. the topic of discussion was conference.

Great. USC didnt have the best conference record. Yet won the Rose Bowl and ended up being #3 in the country. USC fans can live with that. Case closed.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but we also saw Washington give a slightly better game to Alabama.
we also saw Utah beat USC but lose to Washington and lose to Oregon

The transitive property does not work in college football.

Transitive property? USC played Washington at home and beat them . How fucking clueless are you. No one is saying USC would beat Bama if they played again. Dude you need a new spin. This isnt working for you.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. USC didnt have the best conference record. Yet won the Rose Bowl and ended up being #3 in the country. USC fans can live with that. Case closed.
Still not sure what that has to do with THE CONFERENCE

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transitive property? USC played Washington at home and beat them . How fucking clueless are you.
Arizona beat Oregon regular season but Oregon dismantled them in the Conference Championship game. USC beat Washington once doesn't mean it would happen again

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona beat Oregon regular season but Oregon dismantled them in the Conference Championship game. USC beat Washington once doesn't mean it would happen again

They already did it. No need to think about it. Bama beat USC. Its done. Just like USC beat Washington . Its done. They had their chance.