• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the year a PAC South team finally wins the PAC-12?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were they Washington apples? you know since they won the conference and were on top

Top? Pretty sure USC was looking down at them when the dust had settled. Maybe that trophy is too heavy. lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so USC was in fact tied for third in the conference and was picked to go to the Rose Bowl so your argument is false. that is exactly what they did no matter what criteria was used.
Actually based on the Rose Bowl criteria he is correct. The Rose Bowl selects the best teams in the PAC and B1G conferences.Based on the final overall rankings. Which include SOS and head to head wins. USC had all the tie breakers. To say otherwise by those standards.Would be the same as saying USC played a Penn State team that should have been in the play offs rather than Ohio State.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top? Pretty sure USC was looking down at them when the dust had settled. Maybe that trophy is too heavy. lol
The simple answer is.How many Huskies fans were rooting for Colorado to beat Utah? They didnt want to play SC again with good reason. At that point in the season it was clear SC was one of the best teams in the country.Which is reflected in their #3 finish in the over all rankings in the final polls

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False UW was still Pac 12 champ no matter what happened after. UW was still on top of the conference

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually based on the Rose Bowl criteria he is correct. The Rose Bowl selects the best teams in the PAC and B1G conferences.Based on the final overall rankings. Which include SOS and head to head wins. USC had all the tie breakers. To say otherwise by those standards.Would be the same as saying USC played a Penn State team that should have been in the play offs rather than Ohio State.
actually the champion of the conferences goes to the Rose unless they are selected to play in the playoff. if that is the case (which it was) the Rose Bowl then has its choice of teams to replace the champion. USC was the next highest ranked team. it made sense but could just as easily have been Colorado. His statement that they don't select the tied for 3rd place team in the conference was false because that is exactly what they did.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False UW was still Pac 12 champ no matter what happened after. UW was still on top of the conference

Yeah no. They won the PAC championship game true and are Champs of the PAC regular season true. But the season still continued. If they had won the National Championship would you only call them PAC champs? OF course not. So just like they could have moved up if they beat Bama .USC elevated itself and rose to the #3 ranking and passed all PAC teams in the power rankings. It's not just me saying this. Google PAC 12 finial power rankings and you will see USC at the top. So yes Washington won the PAC and its championship. They are PAC regular season champs. No one is disputing that .But for teams that didn't suck there are bowl games and final rankings. And since USC had the second longest winning streak in the nation which included beating Colorado who won the south and Washinton who won the PAC and Penn State in the Rose bowl who won the BG10 , USC was placed above all of them.So you look ridiculous when you keep harping about regular season records when the season was not over and the final rankings werent in the books.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually the champion of the conferences goes to the Rose unless they are selected to play in the playoff. if that is the case (which it was) the Rose Bowl then has its choice of teams to replace the champion. USC was the next highest ranked team. it made sense but could just as easily have been Colorado. His statement that they don't select the tied for 3rd place team in the conference was false because that is exactly what they did.
The Rose Bowl selection rules are clear cut.If the PAC conference champion makes the play offs. It goes to the PAC team with the highest rank in the play off rankings. Its very clearly written. SOS and the head to head win is why USC jumped Colorado and got the Rose Bowl bid. I looked up the tie breaker rules before the rose bowl. I also don't think there is a such thing as tied for third in the PAC either. Given all the other tie breakers within conferences and divisions.

I posted the link to the Rose Bowl selection process in the PAC 12 thread before the PAC CCG

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rose Bowl selection rules are clear cut.If the PAC conference champion makes the play offs. It goes to the PAC team with the highest rank in the play off rankings. Its very clearly written. SOS and the head to head win is why USC jumped Colorado and got the Rose Bowl bid. I looked up the tie breaker rules before the rose bowl. I also don't think there is a such thing as tied for third in the PAC either. Given all the other tie breakers within conferences and divisions.

I posted the link to the Rose Bowl selection process in the PAC 12 thread before the PAC CCG

I think I already told him that. The Rose bowl doesnt take the 3rd place team it takes the highest ranked team. But he's suck on Washington nuts swinging back and forth.
:nutswing:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I already told him that. The Rose bowl doesnt take the 3rd place team it takes the highest ranked team. But he's suck on Washington nuts swinging back and forth.
You did and you are correct.The selection process is detailed on the rose bowl's official site.Its not an at large bid or selection. Its based definitively on rankings :L

You know USC is back when..........

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did and you are correct.The selection process is detailed on the rose bowl's official site.Its not an at large bid or selection. Its based definitively on rankings :L

Yes thats why if Colorado had put up a good fight against Washington it still might have gone to the Rose Bowl. But once it didn't and seeing how USC beat both of the PAC division champs USC was ranked higher.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes thats why if Colorado had put up a good fight against Washington it still might have gone to the Rose Bowl. But once it didn't and seeing how USC beat both of the PAC division champs USC was ranked higher.
I thought everyone knew that.Do we have to teach the PAC north everything :noidea: The only thing i'm not sure about is.If a Washington posting recruit visits the USC board.Is their commitment to the Huskes automatically pulled ?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everyone knew that.Do we have to teach the PAC north everything :noidea: The only thing i'm not sure about is.If a Washington posting recruit visits the USC board.Is their commitment to the Huskes automatically pulled ?

Just Oregon fans. They are new to football. :D

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Oregon fans. They are new to football. :D
When did the PAC north go full SEC :noidea: Fight On \/

source.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by bringing up Oregon and 4-8 that is deflecting. topic of the south being able to win the conference has nothing to do with Oregon. topic of USC and UW at the top of the conference has nothing to do with Oregon. the fact that I said UW was on top USC was simply near it tied for 3rd in the conference got USC fans all butt hurt so they change the conversation from conference to national and take shots at Oregon when no one made any claims about Oregon because they had a shit year. that's deflecting. me saying UW was on top isn't nut swinging that's simply a fact. if I were to say the pac is better than the BIG because USC beat their champ that's nut swinging.

I see you still don't understand the meaning of the word deflecting. Not sure I can make it any simpler since I can't type in crayon.

If the topic of USC and UW has nothing to do with Oregon, then why are you nutswinging on the Huskies?

The only butthurt fans on here are the 4-8 Ducks fans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as for the conference topic, jumping in with the Huskies as an Oregon fan when it comes to N vs S well Oregon does account for the first Pac 12 title and 2 out of 6 so it really isn't nut swinging ther either

lol You're nutswinging. Plain and simple. I didn't see any Huskies nutswinging on Oregon before you guys reverted back to your norm. This is the PAC-12, not the SEC.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol You're nutswinging. Plain and simple. I didn't see any Huskies nutswinging on Oregon before you guys reverted back to your norm. This is the PAC-12, not the SEC.
Its finally happened. Oregon has changed uniforms so many times.They cant figure out what team they're rooting for :gaah:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the highest ranked team was tied with the 3rd best conference record why is that hard to understand

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its finally happened. Oregon has changed uniforms so many times.They cant figure out what team they're rooting for :gaah:
if you asked a husky who won the north or who won the conference when Oregon did they would have told you Oregon did just like Im saying about UW now. How is that nut swinging or not knowing what team i root for? i can state facts like UW won the conference without it meaning im rooting for them