• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they're playing good this season, got to think they may be back.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Wang and Snow

just saying

Tough to bash what Snow did so far this season. Don't get me wrong, up until then he's been shaky at best but this seasons transactions may have been the best out of any GM in the offseason.

Wang? Well.....he's slowly exiting. Which is a good thing.

Spiny Norman

Not Quite Dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think they are heading in the right direction. Tavares is the kind of guy that you can build around offensively. They need a consistant netminder.

Taveres is top drawer and now they have a goalie and some "D"
Speaking as a Rangers' fan:
I think they will do well this year and quite frankly, I'm okay with that. Maybe I come from a different era than some (others may say different planet) I likeit better when it's more competitive. Being able to wipe the floor with your cross-town rival is really no fun. I know in the modern world, it isn't enough to just win, you seem obligated to embarrass and humiliate, but I never subscribed to that.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveres is top drawer and now they have a goalie and some "D"
Speaking as a Rangers' fan:
I think they will do well this year and quite frankly, I'm okay with that. Maybe I come from a different era than some (others may say different planet) I likeit better when it's more competitive. Being able to wipe the floor with your cross-town rival is really no fun. I know in the modern world, it isn't enough to just win, you seem obligated to embarrass and humiliate, but I never subscribed to that.

I'm with you on that one Spiny, but for some reason, unless there's another Ulf Nilsson incident, I just feel like that rivalry won't heat up like it used to. They'll never be another Mick Vukota vs. Jeff Beukeboom fight. It'll be awkward and emotionless....like Matt Martin vs. Ryan Malone. Meh.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on that one Spiny, but for some reason, unless there's another Ulf Nilsson incident, I just feel like that rivalry won't heat up like it used to. They'll never be another Mick Vukota vs. Jeff Beukeboom fight. It'll be awkward and emotionless....like Matt Martin vs. Ryan Malone. Meh.

It has to heat up. History will repeat itself. Just as long as it doesn't resort to the name calling like in the Keystone state rivalry.
But we need to get back to good old Rangers / Islanders rivalry.....

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to heat up. History will repeat itself. Just as long as it doesn't resort to the name calling like in the Keystone state rivalry.
But we need to get back to good old Rangers / Islanders rivalry.....

I would love it. I just question whether the hate is there. I feel like something needs to click to get it there again.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it. I just question whether the hate is there. I feel like something needs to click to get it there again.

A hard fought playoff loss for one at the hands of the other, a cheap shot, a goalie gets run, a good ole donnybrook.....something will raise the blood level. I'm hopeful. Isles are emerging from some dark years of ownership, building etc....it'll happen.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wait for a playoff series between the 2, then all that dormant hatred between the franchises will come back to the surface.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halak has to be better. It's that simple. The Isles need better goaltending. I don't think Kuliemen deserved a 5 minute major either. 2 minutes would have been understandable. The major changed the game.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halak has to be better. It's that simple. The Isles need better goaltending. I don't think Kuliemen deserved a 5 minute major either. 2 minutes would have been understandable. The major changed the game.

Yep - the dreadful NYI penalty kill strikes again!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the Isles fansite is Cappy might get fired if they lose to the Kings tonight. They really need a win, but if Cappy were to be gone if they lost it would be worth it. As long as Doug Weight isn't the new head coach.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the Isles fansite is Cappy might get fired if they lose to the Kings tonight. They really need a win, but if Cappy were to be gone if they lost it would be worth it. As long as Doug Weight isn't the new head coach.

Well if that's the case, I hope they lose. I can't stand Capuano. He's clueless.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's the case, I hope they lose. I can't stand Capuano. He's clueless.

I'm torn. I want all the wins they can get, but I feel the Isles are down 1 goal before the game even starts because of Capuano. I have no idea who they'd replace him with or if it's true. I'd be surprised if they did anything before they get home from the West Coast, but you never know.