• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is De Haan simply the odd man out on D? Add Visnovsky to that D and it becomes even more impressive.

DeHaan is hurt and so is Viz.

DeHaan is the closest to coming back and I think the feeling is that Reinhart will be sent to Bridgeport once he comes off IR to work on his game. Reinhart looks like a lost puppy out there and the speed of the game is almost too much for him. Paired with Brian Strait never helps though.....

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De Haan is back in the lineup tonight. Griffin Reinhart has been sent to Bridgeport. It's to bad really. He never got to play with a legit NHL defenseman. Strait & Donovan have NHL contracts. The Isles are stuck with them.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De Haan is back in the lineup tonight. Griffin Reinhart has been sent to Bridgeport. It's to bad really. He never got to play with a legit NHL defenseman. Strait & Donovan have NHL contracts. The Isles are stuck with them.

Big Griff is better off in Bridgeport right now anyway. I think he needs to get his feet under him a bit and get used to the level of play before they send him out there full time. Nice having depth, isn't it?

Strait and Donovan are just plain awful. Strait in particular.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why Strait is still playing over Donovan I'll never understand.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Griff is better off in Bridgeport right now anyway. I think he needs to get his feet under him a bit and get used to the level of play before they send him out there full time. Nice having depth, isn't it?

Strait and Donovan are just plain awful. Strait in particular.

I disagree about Donovan, but Strait is dreadful.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles are 4-0.... order the rings?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about Donovan, but Strait is dreadful.

Donovan did really well at the AHL level but at this point he's not much more than a spare part #7, #8 guy on the Isles depth chart. To be honest, I'd like to see a desperate team trade for him so we can get a draft pick back. I think we traded all of them.

Gotta say, 4-0 feels pretty damn good right now. Not getting ahead of myself but if they can avoid their annual November collapse, they might do some damage this season. :suds:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Tavares leading the league in points. Kinda weird not seeing Crosby's name at the top.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan did really well at the AHL level but at this point he's not much more than a spare part #7, #8 guy on the Isles depth chart. To be honest, I'd like to see a desperate team trade for him so we can get a draft pick back. I think we traded all of them.

Gotta say, 4-0 feels pretty damn good right now. Not getting ahead of myself but if they can avoid their annual November collapse, they might do some damage this season. :suds:

Congrats your team is playing some decent hockey.
Are you going back up to take it one more final game at the Massauleum??

I think I might take the boys back for a memory.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd best CorsiRel on their blueline last year. You need 7 defensemen in this league with injuries and whatnot, and he should be in their top 7 when everyone is healthy and their top 6 right now... if I were coaching this team he'd have 4 games played by now. Don't fall into the trap of assuming that a guy can't play just because the coach won't play him (in Toronto they call this "The Gardiner":wink:)

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats your team is playing some decent hockey.
Are you going back up to take it one more final game at the Massauleum??

I think I might take the boys back for a memory.

Thanks Abe - I think at one point I'm going back up for one final home game. It won't be until 2015 though. I have a buddy in Brooklyn working on home opener tickets for next season, we vowed to go to that one.

I feel like they should close out the home games against the Rangers. It would seem a helluva lot more appropriate than CBJ.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd best CorsiRel on their blueline last year. You need 7 defensemen in this league with injuries and whatnot, and he should be in their top 7 when everyone is healthy and their top 6 right now... if I were coaching this team he'd have 4 games played by now. Don't fall into the trap of assuming that a guy can't play just because the coach won't play him (in Toronto they call this "The Gardiner":wink:)

Me too. Brian Strait would never see the ice.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Brian Strait would never see the ice.

I'd have dressed him over Reinhart too, although if Reinhart was going to be up with the big club they sort of had to dress him.