• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Rex Ryan be shown the door this week?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! The media is such a joke sometimes

Because Rex Ryan or any coach is supposed to bring a team that for most of the year had less than half it's roster healthy to the playoffs.

We need to show our training staff the door or something, no team should get hit with as many injuries as we do. Something in our training program isn't right

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the training room though... but I fully agree.

Woods was a fluke injury (shocked he is back), as was Wood, and Aaron was a risk coming in... but drafting two rookies with injuries didn't help. People think Tyrod is a bad QB. I laugh at them. Take away the top two WR off any team (save a couple), and they will struggle. Give any QB a useless right side of an O line in pass blocking and see what happens. Taylor needs to work on some things, like pre snap reads and anticipation throws, but he needs help and health. He has to get better at throws between the numbers intermediately, but he needs more than a track runner, a return man and lenky red zone target who was signed at ghe beginning of the season... and FWIW, Hunter has done well. People think we need a rookie WR to "save" us. Nonsense. A healthy Watkins, Woods and Hunter with Goodwin for four wide is more than adequate. We need a RG/RT.

Health. Yes. We need it more than most. And haven't had it.

Our five best non QB players (Watkins, Shady, Dareus, Aaron and Kyle Williams) played ONE game together this year.

Wanna know how good Taylor is? Imagine EJ Manuel took every snap this year.... we'd be worse than the Browns.

Lastly, Rob Ryan really fucked or secondary... and this prevent zone shit is a disgrace and cost us three or four games this year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the training room though... but I fully agree.

Woods was a fluke injury (shocked he is back), as was Wood, and Aaron was a risk coming in... but drafting two rookies with injuries didn't help. People think Tyrod is a bad QB. I laugh at them. Take away the top two WR off any team (save a couple), and they will struggle. Give any QB a useless right side of an O line in pass blocking and see what happens. Taylor needs to work on some things, like pre snap reads and anticipation throws, but he needs help and health. He has to get better at throws between the numbers intermediately, but he needs more than a track runner, a return man and lenky red zone target who was signed at ghe beginning of the season... and FWIW, Hunter has done well. People think we need a rookie WR to "save" us. Nonsense. A healthy Watkins, Woods and Hunter with Goodwin for four wide is more than adequate. We need a RG/RT.

Health. Yes. We need it more than most. And haven't had it.

Our five best non QB players (Watkins, Shady, Dareus, Aaron and Kyle Williams) played ONE game together this year.

Wanna know how good Taylor is? Imagine EJ Manuel took every snap this year.... we'd be worse than the Browns.

Lastly, Rob Ryan really fucked or secondary... and this prevent zone shit is a disgrace and cost us three or four games this year.

I agree with almost all of this. Except I do think we need more receivers. None of our receivers have been reliable in terms of actually playing all 16 games. We need more depth at receiver in the worst way because none of the receivers we have can stay healthy all year.

Like people are after Taylor, he had one bad game against the Raiders. I mean does everyone forget how well he played against the Legion of Boom with only Robert Woods to throw to?? It was our defense that let us down that game, and some horrible calls by the refs.

I mean people are bringing up fucking Tony Romo?? A rookie drafted in the 4th round looks so much better than Romo did and Romo had better receivers, much better tight end and a much much better offensive line than we do at his disposal and yet he throws picks all the time. Like he would really improve things for us. Oh not to mention he's yet another injury prone player LIKE WE REALLY NEED MORE OF THOSE!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... we need depth at WR. Just not a 1st round pick. Why not a free agent?

We need to replace Jordan Mills. That is numero uno.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best free agent receiver will be Alshon Jeffrey, and he has injury issues as well as trouble avoiding suspension. Not who we need.

upgrades on the right side of the line are definitely needed. Overall we need more depth too. Our tackle depth is just terrible

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Ryan really fucked or secondary... and this prevent zone shit is a disgrace and cost us three or four games this year.

I agree with the second part, but Rob Ryan isn't the defensive coordinator, he's the assistant head coach. From what I've heard, he's basically the linebackers coach, and their play has been pretty solid this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RT is definitely a need. Unfortunately, I think the ship has sailed on Henderson and Mills isn't good enough either.

Bills have FA decisions to make at WR (Woods, Hunter, Tate and Harvin are all UFAs), and I'm not sure there are that many upgrades available. DeSean Jackson seems keen to return to Philly if he doesn't stay in Washington. Jeffery is injury prone, but a definite upgrade. Will he get used enough to make the money make sense? Maybe someone like Kenny Britt (a better version of Hunter essentially, and big body that can take punishment) would be a cheaper investment and better fit?

Bills have to figure out what to do with Gilmore as well. Drafting a CB should probably be a priority before day 3.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the second part, but Rob Ryan isn't the defensive coordinator, he's the assistant head coach. From what I've heard, he's basically the linebackers coach, and their play has been pretty solid this year.

Solid as in bottom ten vs the run?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid as in bottom ten vs the run?

I think a lot of that has to do with Dareus' injuries and suspension.

New acquisitions Lorenzo Alexander (3rd in the NFL with 11.5 sacks) and Zach Brown (3rd in the NFL with 130 tackles) have been very good IMO. Preston Brown is 13th in the NFL with 111 tackles (Preston and Zach together are behind only Seattle's Wagner and Wright).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of that has to do with Dareus' injuries and suspension.

New acquisitions Lorenzo Alexander (3rd in the NFL with 11.5 sacks) and Zach Brown (3rd in the NFL with 130 tackles) have been very good IMO. Preston Brown is 13th in the NFL with 111 tackles (Preston and Zach together are behind only Seattle's Wagner and Wright).

See... tackles don't effect me when they are five yards beyond the LOS.

I agree, a healthy Dareus/Kyle Williams for 16 games makes a big difference, but Preston Brown and Zach Brown are not run stoppers. Nor can they cover a TE. Alexander had most of those sacks in the first half against bad teams.

Box scores are fine and dandy, but it doesn't mean anything. Multiple 200 yards games against us. Countless second half blown leads. Most importantly, we were terrible on 3rd downs.

You would notice a good LB group if it were the case. They were not good this season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT is definitely a need. Unfortunately, I think the ship has sailed on Henderson and Mills isn't good enough either.

Bills have FA decisions to make at WR (Woods, Hunter, Tate and Harvin are all UFAs), and I'm not sure there are that many upgrades available. DeSean Jackson seems keen to return to Philly if he doesn't stay in Washington. Jeffery is injury prone, but a definite upgrade. Will he get used enough to make the money make sense? Maybe someone like Kenny Britt (a better version of Hunter essentially, and big body that can take punishment) would be a cheaper investment and better fit?

Bills have to figure out what to do with Gilmore as well. Drafting a CB should probably be a priority before day 3.

No to Kenny Britt, he's injury prone

we would get like 4 games out of him with our injury luck

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what we should do with the defense

We aren't good at stopping the passing plays or the running plays

injuries played a part, Shaq Lawson our first rounder missed almost the entire year and hasn't started making an impact until recently because it put him behind. Ragland a guy who never had any injury issues in college tore his ACL, again how does this crap always happen to us? He was supposed to be good, we have to hope that he's able to get back to that and that the ACL injury doesn't repeat itself. Aaron Williams was our best safety and got hurt by an unbelievably dirty hit by a Dolphins player of course. The regression of our corners is probably the most frustrating thing, Gilmore and Darby were an amazing lockdown duo last year. Gilmore I think made the pro bowl, someone will have to fact check me on that though and Darby finished 2nd in defensive rookie of the year voting. Suddenly the two of them are so bad I bet they wouldn't be able to cover Lee Evans and Peerless Price at their current ages.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't missed a game in the past 3 years with the Rams.

I did not know that, not only that he hasn't missed a game in 3 years, but also him being on the Rams for 3 years.

Still there were injury problems in the past and with our issues it scares me

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After four seasons under Doug Whaley, the Bills have a LEAGUE WORST 22 draft picks on the active roster and 31 overall. THE BROWNS have 32!

Green Bay, by comparison, STARTED 20 draft picks last week.

Rex Ryan problem? Tyrod Taylor problem?

I think NOT!

If we lose Rex and Tyrod, then we are done for another decade and a half.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know that, not only that he hasn't missed a game in 3 years, but also him being on the Rams for 3 years.

Still there were injury problems in the past and with our issues it scares me

I think he should come relatively cheaply. He's not an upper echelon choice by any stretch, but he has been solid this year, even with the struggling Rams' passing game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After four seasons under Doug Whaley, the Bills have a LEAGUE WORST 22 draft picks on the active roster and 31 overall. THE BROWNS have 32!

Green Bay, by comparison, STARTED 20 draft picks last week.

Rex Ryan problem? Tyrod Taylor problem?

I think NOT!

If we lose Rex and Tyrod, then we are done for another decade and a half.

I agree, Whaley should go before Rex. I can't see blaming the team's struggles on Tyrod either. The only real reason they might dump him would be the contract extension that Whaley gave him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Whaley is safe.

Looks like Taylor will not be re-signed.

I understand firing the Ryans. How does Lynn have a chance if EJ Manuel is leading his showcase game?

What a fucking disgrace.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Whaley is safe.

Looks like Taylor will not be re-signed.

I understand firing the Ryans. How does Lynn have a chance if EJ Manuel is leading his showcase game?

What a fucking disgrace.

Agreed just as the offense was clicking too

a fucking dumb move, and firing the Ryans will be dumb too if Lynn is not the head coach.