• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Moving to the Big Ten Change Husker Fans Ability to Travel?

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would say probably not. Most of the games should have about the same distances as we have now. It will just be Colder later in the season. Something to think of when designing the offense.

Stray35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say probably not. Most of the games should have about the same distances as we have now. It will just be Colder later in the season. Something to think of when designing the offense.

Shouldn't be an issue since Bo and Carl were raised in Ohio, they should know what to expect.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about traveling for some of these away games. Half of my wifes family is from Ohio and the other half is from PA. I've already had numerous calls from them about my season tickets when the Huskers come to town for the OSU and PSU games. Just got done telling my wife its official her Ohio ST stuff needs to come down in our house now.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is she going to take it when we win HskrTransPlant? lol
What is it going to be like on game day in your house?

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah Stray I think the first couple season are going to be a bit more of a learning experience on how to play in the cold. Not saying we will lose but how many really cold games a year do we play in now? I think about 1 maybe a season. It will probably be more. The field changes and the coaches can try to teach it but to they have the ability to create cold and windy conditions for practice? And that is a question. And guys if we play more that one game a year in truly cold conditions just tell me where and how cold. I think we could see two to three games with snow and I do not know if any of the schools stadiums up here are close enough to the Great Lakes but wind off of a lake can really make a diff. Look at some of the pro games in Chi town or just the cold in Green Bay. They use to win games cause they learned how to play in the cold cause they got to practice in it. I mean the ball is harder the field is harder and you have to run, catch, throw, block and tackle differently. Just a thougt that might make at least the 1st half of some games a bit more interesting for the 1st couple years. After that I think we will have enough experience playing in it that the starters will have the feel and understand more what they will have to do to play well and good Neb FB in it.

Stray35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu - I did some research and it appears the ave. Oct, Nov, and Dec temp in Lincoln is within a few degrees of Ann Arbor, MI and actually colder than Columbus, OH. I don't think temperature will be an issue.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the last 2 weeks of November and a potential conference championship the first week of December, "extreme" cold is unlikely to be a factor. Cold rains are more likely in that 3 week period.
I'd rather play football in 35-40* than 85* any day.
The reason cold and snow is a factor in the pro's is because they play deep into December and the first couple of weeks in January.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will definitely be attending at least one or two games a year, my wife's family are in the Detroit area, and no they sure as hell aren't UM fans, it's State all day with these folks. They have season tickets for the Lions so you can bet your ass Ill be going to watch Suh play on Thanksgiving Day as well.