• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Fuller may actually leave for the NFL (Reports Say)

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame football: Will Fuller may not be returning next year | isportsweb

"Just over a month ago, Notre Dame football fans were under the impression that they’d be able to watch their superstar wide receiver Will Fuller in the Blue and Gold for his senior year. However, this scenario may unfortunately play out differently than once expected. On Friday night at Notre Dame’s end of the year award ceremony, Fuller claimed that he is, “probably going to keep [his] avenues open, talking to coaches.” Fuller won the team’s Most Valuable Player award, after racking up 56 receptions for 1,145 yards and 13 touchdowns on the year. Fuller’s 13 touchdown receptions are tied for the sixth most in the country."

I as a Notre Dame fan believe he should stay for his Senior year! However I fully understand how he would want to leave. First of all his Stats are incredible for a good NFL Team. He would probably be a first round pick. And, who knows if Notre Dame will be good next year with the Defense.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame football: Will Fuller may not be returning next year | isportsweb

"Just over a month ago, Notre Dame football fans were under the impression that they’d be able to watch their superstar wide receiver Will Fuller in the Blue and Gold for his senior year. However, this scenario may unfortunately play out differently than once expected. On Friday night at Notre Dame’s end of the year award ceremony, Fuller claimed that he is, “probably going to keep [his] avenues open, talking to coaches.” Fuller won the team’s Most Valuable Player award, after racking up 56 receptions for 1,145 yards and 13 touchdowns on the year. Fuller’s 13 touchdown receptions are tied for the sixth most in the country."

I as a Notre Dame fan believe he should stay for his Senior year! However I fully understand how he would want to leave. First of all his Stats are incredible for a good NFL Team. He would probably be a first round pick. And, who knows if Notre Dame will be good next year with the Defense.

I can understand wanting to leave and make money playing in the NFL but I don't think he'll be a 1st round pick because of the dropped passes. Right now at best he's a late first and I doubt he'll get that grade from the NFL.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fuller leaves, that means Jaylon has to stay. Right?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lose some respect for Fuller if he went back on his word. That's why you shouldn't say anything until you know what you are going to do. it will look bad on his part now.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he learns how to catch a ball without his chest in the next couple of months, he's not going in the first or second round. He's very fast, runs good routes, but his catching leaves a LOT to be desired.

I have no problem with him going for a draft grade, its worth it to know where things stand and weigh his options.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year Fuller has a chance to be the best WR in the country. He was in the top 5 this year. Stay and have a good year, break every ND WR record(finish one of the all time greats at ND), and become a 1st rd pick.

Staying helps him.

No with J. Smith staying does not help him. he is already one of the best MLB ever to play at ND, he is a Top 10 pick. No reason to come back except for degree and a chance to win a NC and chances aren't as high as this year. He can hurt himself and screw his draft stock. I hope he comes back but like Kelly said it wouldn't make much sense unless he is all in with his degree and to play with his brothers 1 last time. turning down Millions will be tough.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lose some respect for Fuller if he went back on his word. That's why you shouldn't say anything until you know what you are going to do. it will look bad on his part now.

I don't blame a kid for changing his mind on a decision like this. It's potentially a life changing decision, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Same with a commitment to a particular school. But once the time for the decision has passed I hate it when they change their mind which potentially affects other kid's opportunities with a school (Vanderdoes).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't have an issue with him changing his mind, I don't think he's going to get the grade he's hoping for.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd round grade is my opinion. too many drops and didn't do well against above average secondaries

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame a kid for changing his mind on a decision like this. It's potentially a life changing decision, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Same with a commitment to a particular school. But once the time for the decision has passed I hate it when they change their mind which potentially affects other kid's opportunities with a school (Vanderdoes).
I agree but Im a fan of not saying anything until you are sure like J. Smith is doing. No word from him yet. I know Fuller is a good kid I just hope he doesn't go back on his word. I also think the smart decision would be to come back. I think he can 100$ be a 1st rd pick next year and maybe a high one. He needs to work on his hands.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Im a fan of not saying anything until you are sure like J. Smith is doing. No word from him yet. I know Fuller is a good kid I just hope he doesn't go back on his word. I also think the smart decision would be to come back. I think he can 100$ be a 1st rd pick next year and maybe a high one. He needs to work on his hands.

I agree that he might not get the rating he wants from the evaluators, and it would have been nice if he had played it like Smith, but if he gets a report that says he might be a late first round pick, I wouldn't blame him for going. (and maybe he's running into academic issues.)

Bottom line, I don't know why he changed his position, and I hope he stays, but will understand if he doesn't.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we just have to wait and see. Studstill makes his decision tomorrow. hopefully its another victory for ND in recruiting.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda funny watching guys try to say good AND bad things about him in the same breath ... :D

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda funny watching guys try to say good AND bad things about him in the same breath ... :D

It's all really true, he is a talented guy but he does have too many dropped passes that should be huge gains or TD's. Those drops are going to lower his draft stock.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all really true, he is a talented guy but he does have too many dropped passes that should be huge gains or TD's. Those drops are going to lower his draft stock.
I agree, I think Fuller is great and can be special but he needs to work on his hands and if he does that his draft status will be better next year. He can be a Golden Tate type player in the NFL. If he comes back he can break almost every WR record at ND.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Fuller is great and can be special but he needs to work on his hands and if he does that his draft status will be better next year. He can be a Golden Tate type player in the NFL. If he comes back he can break almost every WR record at ND.

Of course Golden Tate left a year early as well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might have a little more potential than Tate at the NFL level.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Golden Tate left a year early as well.
yes but Tate had some good hands. He also left early and was a 2nd rd pick. If he came back could of been a Top 15 pick they predicted. In the long run he made out ok with this Lions contract.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have a little more potential than Tate at the NFL level.
I don't know Tate has better hands and his point of attack on jump balls is one of the best in the league at that. Fuller is faster and route running is better coming into the NFL but over all I think Tate was the better WR going into the draft. Again things can change but right now Tate was the better WR.