• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Colin Kaepernick follow through and shave his eyebrow?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA posted this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1tAJebktg]Kaepernick shaves eyebrow after Week 2 loss - YouTube[/ame]

But it is clearly fake.

The two admitted that it was a "hoax" and just done for T.V. but IMO they should not have even made the bet in a widely viewed commercial if they had no intention of following through.

If Kaepernick does not shave his eyebrow off he is a sore loser.

I would post this on the 49ers board but after I got banned, the conditions of my reinstatement restrict me from posting (or viewing) their forums.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did u do to get banned...........n he may shgave it

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did u do to get banned...........n he may shgave it

The explanation was "Self admitted troll" I probably deserved it. Admins here are outstanding though, it was a fair trade to have the ban taken off in exchange for not allowing me to post on the 49ers boards.

I think he should just shave it. He made the bet and needs to follow through.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can troll, just dont do it on the team boards.......

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never took it as a real bet to begin with and I wouldn't hold him up to the payoff. It was a joke and a way to promote the new Madden game using two of the more recognizable players in the league to do it. Their ad campaigns seem to be going for laughs, as the Marshawn Lynch-Arian Foster that came out before this one was hilarious. I figured they'd either do what they did and show a follow-up commercial with the "loser" of the "bet" "paying it off" or, for the next roster update, give the "loser" a digitally shaved eyebrow in their picture. If the Seahawks had lost, I wouldn't have expected Wilson to "pay it off" either.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they both admitted that it was a hoax and done for tv...then how exactly is Kap a sore loser for not following through on a fake bet? I guess I'm just not following your line of reasoning here.

To my understanding, it was clarified in the days leading up to the game that neither guy was serious about this bet. If neither one is serious about the arrangement in this bet, then neither guy should be obligated to fulfill the losing part of the bet.

By the way, good game Seahawks. You guys were the better team, hands down. We'll see if we can return the favor in SF.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they both admitted that it was a hoax and done for tv...then how exactly is Kap a sore loser for not following through on a fake bet? I guess I'm just not following your line of reasoning here.

To my understanding, it was clarified in the days leading up to the game that neither guy was serious about this bet. If neither one is serious about the arrangement in this bet, then neither guy should be obligated to fulfill the losing part of the bet.

By the way, good game Seahawks. You guys were the better team, hands down. We'll see if we can return the favor in SF.

Both fan bases are looking forward to the game at San Fran. Thanks for the congrads.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their ad campaigns seem to be going for laughs, as the Marshawn Lynch-Arian Foster that came out before this one was hilarious.

I wonder if there were any "bets" made between Lynch and Foster for the up coming game between the Texans and Hawks?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there were any "bets" made between Lynch and Foster for the up coming game between the Texans and Hawks?

Good question. We play the Texans in week 4 so, I'd expect to see such a commercial (of the bet) start next week. If that does happen, I'll have to say that EA sports did a decent job at marketing the Madden 25.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually when Kaep was asked about the bet he said talk to Russell Wilson for the answer. This to me means had Russell not said it was just a joke and the 49ers won you can BET Kaep would have raised a stink if Russell did not shave off his eyebrow. Russell was the man here and stated it was just a joke made for the Madden TV spot.

I will not hold it against Kaep that he did not shave off his eyebrow, after all it was just a joke. But that doesn't mean we can not make fun of it.

6Vqax9Z.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they never had any intention of going through with it they shouldn't have made the bet in the first place.