• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Celtics ever lose again?

Will Celtics ever lose again?

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we saw who the better team was in the Warriors-Celtics games judging by the two 17 point leads the Warriors had and then blew. They are clearly the superior team but are also an extremely lazy and over-confident team. Consequently when they started getting lazy and hoisting threes they got whipped.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we saw who the better team was in the Warriors-Celtics games judging by the two 17 point leads the Warriors had and then blew. They are clearly the superior team but are also an extremely lazy and over-confident team. Consequently when they started getting lazy and hoisting threes they got whipped.

1*8PrkCmEbL7aer0lmmIRpBw.gif

Since you are unaware, the Warriors have arguably the two best 3 point shooters in history on their team, plus Durant. Hoisting 3s is Warriors basketball.

What happened was, the Celtics played outstanding defense and held Curry to a very shitty shooting night. The Warriors played great D too and held Irving to a shitty night. They lost by a couple buckets on the road. The Finals this year goes 6 or 7, Warriors over Celtics in 7.

I know you must be good at something, but sports analysis ain't it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1*8PrkCmEbL7aer0lmmIRpBw.gif

Since you are unaware, the Warriors have arguably the two best 3 point shooters in history on their team, plus Durant. Hoisting 3s is Warriors basketball.

What happened was, the Celtics played outstanding defense and held Curry to a very shitty shooting night. The Warriors played great D too and held Irving to a shitty night. They lost by a couple buckets on the road. The Finals this year goes 6 or 7, Warriors over Celtics in 7.

I know you must be good at something, but sports analysis ain't it.
As usual your analysis is overly simplistic and shows only a layman's grasp of basketball fundamentals. When they move the ball and move without the ball it creates easy shots and also forces the defense to collapse which opens up the 3. On contested 3s, like the warriors were throwing up last night, they shoot rather poorly. Its ball movement, great passing, and moving without the ball which opens everything up for the Warriors. Those are things lazy teams are not willing to do though.
The warriors did play solid D, I'll give you that, and they actually rebounded for once but once again when they built those two big leads they got lackadaisical and soft and it bit them. This is becoming a pattern for them this year; one they need to break.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual your analysis is overly simplistic and shows only a layman's grasp of basketball fundamentals. When they move the ball and move without the ball it creates easy shots and also forces the defense to collapse which opens up the 3. On contested 3s, like the warriors were throwing up last night, they shoot rather poorly. Its ball movement, great passing, and moving without the ball which opens everything up for the Warriors. Those are things lazy teams are not willing to do though.
The warriors did play solid D, I'll give you that, and they actually rebounded for once but once again when they built those two big leads they got lackadaisical and soft and it bit them. This is becoming a pattern for them this year; one they need to break.

This post is spot on.

But, you should have said all this the first time. Or, you could have simply qualified the "hoisting 3s" comment by saying something like "hoisting contested 3s early in the shot clock".

There is a clear difference between the Dubs shooting rhythm 3s in the flow of their offense and taking the bad shots you mentioned in the post above. While your analysis here is right, I hope you can also see why somebody might assume that it wasn't. You didn't say enough in the initial post to get your point across.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is spot on.

But, you should have said all this the first time. Or, you could have simply qualified the "hoisting 3s" comment by saying something like "hoisting contested 3s early in the shot clock".

There is a clear difference between the Dubs shooting rhythm 3s in the flow of their offense and taking the bad shots you mentioned in the post above. While your analysis here is right, I hope you can also see why somebody might assume that it wasn't. You didn't say enough in the initial post to get your point across.
You normally can't go that in depth with a novice like MSGKings but I figured I'd try.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors came out slap jackin' again and Philly is all over them 28 16. Can't be half-steppin' in this league.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors live and die by the three point shot.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's come back (again) to beat the Hawks.

HUGE win. Atlanta is perhaps the best 3-12 team in the history of basketball...

The only word I'm left to describe this victory is heroic.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The streak will probably end when we least expect it... like tonight in Dallas.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^This^ doesn't even make any sense.

Think about it, GT: An endless streak can never end. By definition.

How many times do the C's have to win before people finally "get it"? :think:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I am buying into GTs argument. It will be when we least expect it. Last year we had one finisher in the 4th with IT. THis year it looks like we may have 3 in Kyrie, Tatum and Brown.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you two are so funny

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great game last night. The last five minutes of regulation were something to watch. The Celtics kicked it to another gear and it was fun to watch. Kyrie was a one man force last night. What an individual performance.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see a bunch of black guys bring a bunch of racist Irish drunks all together

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard D. Rose got injured watching game film. How much longer will he be out? The Cavs haven't been the same w/o him.