• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Case Be On A Short Leash Tonight?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard whispers that Swoopes might play. Don't know if true or not - but if so it tells me 1 of 2 things:

1) We are willing to forego his redshirt year to save a victory over Iowa State in the chance things look dicey early, or;

2) Ash is going to be out longer than expected.

Thoughts?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they let him finish tonight. I heard some complaining by horns fans, but I really thought he played well. Not great but good.

255 yards of offense; 2 tds; 0 turnovers; Game winning Td drive.

I'm not sure what more you want from your backup Qb on the road? Plus he had about 3 flat out drops in first half including a Td drop by Davis.

Moe S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case McCoy

Case McCoy is probably a good Christian boy, but he could not start at quarterback for any other D1, D2, NAIA or Jr. College team in the country. Mack's loyalty (or whatever his attraction to Colt is) is admirable, but to have that kid quarterbacking the Longhorns is almost beyond comprehension. With Case leading the Horns, look for a Kansas win only and nobody seems to care anymore. Swoopes won't stay for 5 years anyway, so what do the Horns have to lose?

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case McCoy is probably a good Christian boy, but he could not start at quarterback for any other D1, D2, NAIA or Jr. College team in the country. Mack's loyalty (or whatever his attraction to Colt is) is admirable, but to have that kid quarterbacking the Longhorns is almost beyond comprehension. With Case leading the Horns, look for a Kansas win only and nobody seems to care anymore. Swoopes won't stay for 5 years anyway, so what do the Horns have to lose?

Wow, you definitely see the forest for the trees. You're so right - McCoy, I'm sure is a good kid, character, background, family,etc but, he's not up to playing at the FBS level. He doesn't have much size, he's slow and immobile and doesn't have much of a passing arm . And, Mack passed on at least two Heisman winners to recruit him. So much for Mack's ability at evaluating talent. One can only wonder, how in the world can a UT team can end up with such a scrape heap at the QB position.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you definitely see the forest for the trees. You're so right - McCoy, I'm sure is a good kid, character, background, family,etc but, he's not up to playing at the FBS level. He doesn't have much size, he's slow and immobile and doesn't have much of a passing arm . And, Mack passed on at least two Heisman winners to recruit him. So much for Mack's ability at evaluating talent. One can only wonder, how in the world can a UT team can end up with such a scrape heap at the QB position.

He had the arm strength to throw a 44 yard Hail Mary to end the half last week. He hasn't turned the ball over once all year. He has multiple come from behind wins for us. Last week the game never would have been close had our receivers been able to catch the ball including wide open td pass that hit Davis in the hands. Even with that he had 2 tds and 0 ints; and has won the last 2 games under center.

I'm not saying he's gods gift to quarterbacks, but he hasn't performed all that bad.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly, the kid is a competitor and has heart. What he doesn't have is the athleticism and talent to play QB at Texas or any other FBS school. Intangibles alone can only take one so far in today's level of college football.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could easily start at other FBS programs. At least we have him, could you imagine how the season could turn out if we started another true freshman?