• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Brett Rypien become only the 2nd BSU QB to be DRAFTED?

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date - to the best of my knowledge - the ONLY former Boise State quarterback who has ever been DRAFTED by an N.F.L. team was Jim McMillan in 1975 - when McMillan was drafted in the 14th round by the Detroit Lions. He was the 350th overall pick in the 1975 N.F.L. draft. He was cut by the Lions and then played one year with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football league.

McMillan was inducted into the Boise State Hall of Fame a mere seven years later in 1982 and he was also the first Boise State player to have his jersey number retired.

The "young-uns" among us probably have never even heard of McMillan (or at least have very little knowledge about him). But back in the day he was the Kellen Moore of his time at Boise State (before Kellen Moore was even born as a matter of fact).

The question today tho is will Brett Rypien become only the 2nd former Boise State quarterback to be DRAFTED by an N.F.L. team this spring? My guess is...................YES.................he will be.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go somewhere in the mid to late rounds. I'm seeing as high as 3rd or 4th round to as far back as the 7th.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and done, I'd be shocked if he wasn't off the board by the end of the 4th round. He's going to have enough opportunities to show off his arm talent that someone will use a mid-round pick on him.