• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Boise State ever enter an auto CFP conference aka "BCS" conference?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new coach at Boise hasn't let the ship sink too much has he?

I mean enough to think the Broncos are gone from their magical dominance.
They aren't top 10 relevant anymore and that very much matters at that level, however for many reasons already stated even if they were they still wouldn't get an invite. I mean short of a power conference melt down the likes that the Big12 went through in 2011 there won't be the circumstances that give them that level of opportunity.

The Big12 could have invited them when they were close to disbanding and didn't. And that was at the height of their prominence in football. They don't have the flashy HC now and aren't nearly as much of the flavor of the week now so why would they get an invite when they couldn't get one under the most ideal circumstance one could imagine in 2011?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not likely that Boise St. gets an invite to a Power-5 conference. As already mentioned, the Broncos have a relatively small stadium and are in a small media market with no appreciable adjacent recruiting area. Plus, it's been a while since they were in a major bowl game that drew attention to the program.

To be fair they did beat a top 10 team in the Fiesta Bowl two and a half years ago with a first year coach. And they beat them pretty damn soundly. Their third Fiesta Bowl win in nine seasons after getting jobbed out of several other opportunities.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new coach at Boise hasn't let the ship sink too much has he?

I mean enough to think the Broncos are gone from their magical dominance.

Well we haven't won the division let alone conference for two straight seasons. If that doesn't happen in 2017 I say it's time for him to pack up his shit and go.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the SEC will trade them for Missouri?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone with the argument that Boise State doesn't bring a large TV Market and are sort of out there as far as being on an island for recruiting and in the middle of nowhere.

I bring to you the argument of West Virginia in the Big 12.....Much like Boise and their success, it is amazing what WV has been able to do considering what they have. It's West Virginia folks....They are on an island in the Big12, yet the Big 12 picked them up. I think Big12 picked WVU due to their on field success and not because they provide much more of anything else.

Maybe the Big12 looks to Boise due to programs image and profile and knowing bringing Boise to a big time conference can elevate the Boise program therefore helping the Big 12 conference. Much like Pac-12 bringing in mid major Utah.

Every argument you can make about Boise NOT getting a major conference invite, you can counter that with WVU got a major conference invite.
Um West Virginia was in a major conference to begin with.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone with the argument that Boise State doesn't bring a large TV Market and are sort of out there as far as being on an island for recruiting and in the middle of nowhere.

I bring to you the argument of West Virginia in the Big 12.....Much like Boise and their success, it is amazing what WV has been able to do considering what they have. It's West Virginia folks....They are on an island in the Big12, yet the Big 12 picked them up. I think Big12 picked WVU due to their on field success and not because they provide much more of anything else.

Maybe the Big12 looks to Boise due to programs image and profile and knowing bringing Boise to a big time conference can elevate the Boise program therefore helping the Big 12 conference. Much like Pac-12 bringing in mid major Utah.

Every argument you can make about Boise NOT getting a major conference invite, you can counter that with WVU got a major conference invite.

You actually do make a good point, our market is actually bigger than theirs

but West Virginia is still a good addition to the Big 12 because of their passionate fanbase, despite the small market there is still a strong following, just like what Boise State has

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they did beat a top 10 team in the Fiesta Bowl two and a half years ago with a first year coach. And they beat them pretty damn soundly. Their third Fiesta Bowl win in nine seasons after getting jobbed out of several other opportunities.

Yes under the new system we would at least have made 2 or 3 more fiesta bowls

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 isn't expanding right now

so our only hope........and it's such a small hope that there's no reason to get our hopes up

is if the American's silly power 6 campaign works, if they added us and Colorado State or BYU it would actually make it worthy of that status

and then for the rest of the conferences they can earn a bid if their team ranks in the top 15, similar to the old rules for them

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Let's see, WVU has more:
Students
Endowment
State population
An actual hospital
Boosters
Closer to major cities
Fans
Fans that travel

But yeah other then that they are basically the same.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I returned to Phoenix from a trip back to Boise last night. It is growing. There's just barely under three quarters of a million people in the greater area now. It's far from a huge city, but it is a very desirable place to live for a multitude of reasons. The quality of life is absolutely awesome there and it will continue to grow at a rapid pace. That helps some.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for reminding everyone how the big 12 fucked up when they took West Virginia instead of Louisville. Hopefully they don't repeat that mistake.

Still living off the UL basketball NC I see.

Did pitino blow you or something

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually do make a good point, our market is actually bigger than theirs

but West Virginia is still a good addition to the Big 12 because of their passionate fanbase, despite the small market there is still a strong following, just like what Boise State has

How exactly is your market bigger?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every school can bring such a valuable market as Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still living off the UL basketball NC I see.

Did pitino blow you or something

Tell us exactly what West Virginia brings to the table that bests Louisville.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could have added Louisville, Cincinnati, BYU and Virginia Tech

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have invited WVU and Louisville and then maybe have tried to get a BYU. That would have put them in a really good spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A winning personality!

051ae492bf8153442963d458db11d4535377d7-wm.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the PAC12 ever expands again...BYU and Colo State would be good bets.

Colo State's new stadium opens this season and it's pretty decent for that end
of the woods. 41K and they could gt it to 50K pretty quick.

BYU's problem is they won't play on Sundays. Now that isn't a big problem in
football but it would be a massive issue in baseball.

Pac12 will always look down on Boise because of its academics.