• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Baylor & Oklahoma sink the big 12

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your school built a dynasty off of partial qualifiers, and now that the Big 12 and Big ten didn't let you take these kids you're regulated to being Iowa 2.0. Quit worrying about Texas and focus on not being the Academic laughing stock of your conference.

Fall 2016, Nebraska has 25 Academic All Big Ten Football Players. nine were starters and just about all of them played in multiple games. If Sam Foltz had not died it would have been 26.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...-17/misc_non_event/201617_FallAcademic_AllBig.

Fall 2016, Texas has 11 Academic All Big 12 football players. Six were starters, the other five hardly played. Three of five are not even listed on the Texas depth chart.

Eleven Longhorns earn Academic All-Big 12 honors

Academic All Americans

http://cosida.com/documents/2016/7/5//AAA_All_Time_Standings_June_2016.pdf?id=1864

Nebraska has 325
Texas 134

Nebraska football leads with 107, The Nebraska football team has almost as many academic all americans as the entire University of Texas Varsity Sports.

Nebraska's Nation-Leading Academic All-America Total Grows to 325

Why look at that, in Womens Volleyball Nebraska has a first team academic all american, Texas has NONE.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, HB10. You been spouting this nonsensical BS for years. Move on or seek help for fuck sake.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fall 2016, Nebraska has 25 Academic All Big Ten Football Players. nine were starters and just about all of them played in multiple games. If Sam Foltz had not died it would have been 26.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...-17/misc_non_event/201617_FallAcademic_AllBig.

Fall 2016, Texas has 11 Academic All Big 12 football players. Six were starters, the other five hardly played. Three of five are not even listed on the Texas depth chart.

Eleven Longhorns earn Academic All-Big 12 honors

Academic All Americans

http://cosida.com/documents/2016/7/5//AAA_All_Time_Standings_June_2016.pdf?id=1864

Nebraska has 325
Texas 134

Nebraska football leads with 107, The Nebraska football team has almost as many academic all americans as the entire University of Texas Varsity Sports.

Nebraska's Nation-Leading Academic All-America Total Grows to 325

Why look at that, in Womens Volleyball Nebraska has a first team academic all american, Texas has NONE.

congrats, your school seems pretty easy. Could those student athletes get good grades at an AAU school?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other conference will have you and your thugs...and your clownshow president/ leadership...and your lack of tv market... and your subpar academics...sorry :noidea:

I'm sure every conference would love to have Oklahoma...now West Virginia is a different story. Good conferences don't like teams that have accomplished absolutely nothing on or off the field.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh yes, the vaunted Big Ten...where the student athletes "didn't come here to play school"

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure every conference would love to have Oklahoma...now West Virginia is a different story. Good conferences don't like teams that have accomplished absolutely nothing on or off the field.

Rutgers and Maryland say hi.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers?:noidea: So the B1G isn't a good conference?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's the same thing. Sleeping with a girl who lies about her age and hitting her hard enough to kill her.

Wow, raping a 12 year old and being allowed to play for 2 years, then dismissing him when it finally goes to court. I like Mike Gundy but he let that one get away, he would do it different next time no question.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2012 disproves your delusional claim you dumb cowbell fan.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God, HB10. You been spouting this nonsensical BS for years. Move on or seek help for fuck sake.

Texas posters spout the same shit weekly. Just doing what the Texas posters do.

The University of Texas is a great academic institution. But none of that applies to Texas Longhorn football.

None of what I post is nonsensical BS. I post actual numbers that show Texas Football is at the bottom in academics in the Big 12 and always has been since the conference was formed. Yet, you Texas posters continue to act like the football team can do Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, and Strengths of Materials while playing in the game on a Saturday.

if you do not like the numbers I post, go back and post the GSR rates of Texas and the rest of the Big 12 for the last 20 years. But you won't do that.

Here is a six year APR window. Which sport lags the others? It is well known that Texas football players get the best tutors and have the best academic support system, yet, the football team lags the other mens varsity sports.

texasmensapr.0.png

The Texas Longhorn team is comprised of many players of questionable academics that are only admitted to the school because they can play football. The school ensures they maintain eligibility by pushing them into easy classes/majors but once their eligibility is used up, the players do not get the same resources. Texas Longhorn football grad rates are much, much lower than the rest of the Longhorn varsity sports and the rest of the student body and the rest of the Big 12.

When you have three players on the team that score a 200/200/200 on the SAT just what does that tell you? Some of you Texas posters want to claim that means genius. What that means to me, unqualified. Not partial qualifier, completely unqualified.

congrats, your school seems pretty easy. Could those student athletes get good grades at an AAU school?

Nebraska won national championships with their partial qualifiers.

Texas has gone 46-42 the last seven years with their partial qualifiers. Texas did win a NC with Vince Young, who scored a 6 on the Wonderlic, he was a partial qualifier.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get down to brass tacks here.

The only thing that has affected the health and stability of the Big XII have been the mommyship, every other P5 conference (save the ACC), and pussy-faced teams that don't like to compete.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title reminds me of the old' Southwestern conference in a way. Remember when Texas would win that every year. It became pretty much a joke of a conference. I remember one game I went to and Texas came out with a bunch of banners each year they were southwest conference champs. But the deal was it was a crap conference.

It's really cool that OU is won the Big 12 championship, and Stoops has been able to bring in 10 of them. But the last couple of years the conference has been pretty weak. The rest of the conference needs to step up and actually win a game outside their OCC. Yeah, the Sooners had it rough trying to figure stuff out with losses to Houston and tOSU but when it came to conference play they ran the table. But they have at least scheduled and won plenty against teams out of conference.

So yeah, the rest of the crap conference is bringing it down. In the Big 12 teams brag and get up about playing OU.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title reminds me of the old' Southwestern conference in a way. Remember when Texas would win that every year. It became pretty much a joke of a conference. I remember one game I went to and Texas came out with a bunch of banners each year they were southwest conference champs. But the deal was it was a crap conference.

It's really cool that OU is won the Big 12 championship, and Stoops has been able to bring in 10 of them. But the last couple of years the conference has been pretty weak. The rest of the conference needs to step up and actually win a game outside their OCC. Yeah, the Sooners had it rough trying to figure stuff out with losses to Houston and tOSU but when it came to conference play they ran the table. But they have at least scheduled and won plenty against teams out of conference.

So yeah, the rest of the crap conference is bringing it down. In the Big 12 teams brag and get up about playing OU.

Really, Texas was winning it every year and the conference was a joke?

List of Southwest Conference football standings - Wikipedia

In the last 10 years of the conference,
  • Texas won (2) - 1995 and in 1990
  • Arkansas won (2) - 1988 & 1989
  • Texas A&M won (6) - 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
Yup, Texas was dominating the SWC and that lead to it folding.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Texas was winning it every year and the conference was a joke?

List of Southwest Conference football standings - Wikipedia

In the last 10 years of the conference,
  • Texas won (2) - 1995 and in 1990
  • Arkansas won (2) - 1988 & 1989
  • Texas A&M won (6) - 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
Yup, Texas was dominating the SWC and that lead to it folding.

Well I guess I should have wikki'ed it. But I remember going to some sorta sporting event
He's trying to deflect from Mixon, he just typed some random stuff.

My bad, guess I should have wikki'ed it. Your right, you always have been shitty overall no matter what the conference.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess I should have wikki'ed it. But I remember going to some sorta sporting event

My bad, guess I should have wikki'ed it. Your right, you always have been shitty overall no matter what the conference.

Texas owns you head to head, again you should've wikki'ed something before making a false statement.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas owns you head to head, again you should've wikki'ed something before making a false statement.

Come on, man. You sound like Al Bundy bragging about how he scored 5 touchdowns in one game at Polk High. After a while it sounds pathetic. The Horns should be bragging about what they have done recently and are going to do in the future. Nobody gives a shit about any games won or lost 80 years ago.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remind me, what was WVU's OOC record this year vs the SEC, BYU and YSU? If memory serves, we did ok..Mizzu was scheduled when they were winning the SEC east, BYU finished 8-4 and YSU is playing for the FCS championship. Texas imo will be on the rise (much needed) WVU is on the rise, OSU is as stable as any non blue blood in any conference, TCU played a ton of young guys and will be back to winning 9+ very soon, possibly next year, to my knowledge the HOF coach at KState isn't going anywhere, Iowa State seems to be recruiting at a higher clip than they have under their new coach. I think one could make an argument that the conference is poised for an upswing:noidea:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me, what was WVU's OOC record this year vs the SEC, BYU and YSU? If memory serves, we did ok..Mizzu was scheduled when they were winning the SEC east, BYU finished 8-4 and YSU is playing for the FCS championship. Texas imo will be on the rise (much needed) WVU is on the rise, OSU is as stable as any non blue blood in any conference, TCU played a ton of young guys and will be back to winning 9+ very soon, possibly next year, to my knowledge the HOF coach at KState isn't going anywhere, Iowa State seems to be recruiting at a higher clip than they have under their new coach. I think one could make an argument that the conference is poised for an upswing:noidea:

Love the optimism. Sure hope you are right. None of us benefit when the conference is being ridiculed. The biggest thing is all of us need to start winning our toughest OOC games. And our bowl games too.