• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will autonomous cars be the future? When??

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a necessary evil. You are never going to stop people from texting and driving and all the other distracting things phones now allow you to do so the only way to improve safety is to remove humans from the mundane task of operating the vehicle.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine...the wife's...is a 2015.
I just googled 2017 JGC dash and it is different...so check the OM.

I really hope they did not remove the ability to shut it off.

Thanks, I'll check. I hate the idea of a crappy program messin' with my shit!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never figured out how self driving cars are going to navigate my driveway. I firmly believe self driving cars will need a person drive option.

Also, I forsee self driving Semi Tractors in the near future. This has $$ implications and speed implications. Right now cross country haulers move along in pairs so that they can drive most of the day. Automated trucks will not need to stop, nor pay the 2 drivers.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate driving, but can't imagine ceding control of a vehicle to a computer.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never figured out how self driving cars are going to navigate my driveway. I firmly believe self driving cars will need a person drive option.

Also, I forsee self driving Semi Tractors in the near future. This has $$ implications and speed implications. Right now cross country haulers move along in pairs so that they can drive most of the day. Automated trucks will not need to stop, nor pay the 2 drivers.

Few company have team driving. I work directly with drivers and can count on one hand the number of team drivers that come through every week.

I think it's because truck drivers are usually grumpy fuckers and nobody wants to be around them that long. Not even other grumpy fuckers.