• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wild (?) predictions for 2017 season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. You were an asshole in another post so here goes. Hmmm...maybe total TDs refers to passing and rushing. 25+4=?

It is called reading comprehension.

the stat reads 25 TD's NOT 29.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stat reads 25 TD's NOT 29.

C'mon Sty, do a little thinking brother. He had 25 passing TDs and 4 rushing TDs. Total of 29 TDs. Why are you arguing an unarguable fact?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While these number would indicate a very good season for us, the primary question of the 2017-18 season will be....are even gaudy numbers like the ones listed by Dad going to be enough to power this team past both Dallas and the NYG's? Surely the goat-ropers will take a step back, but even then a step back for them after going 13-3, likely looks like a 10 or 11 win season. By every account after last year's 11-5 and a second place finish, the rebuilt and restocked NYG'S are trending up. For us, 10 wins while optimistic, would be a pretty good season that likely qualifies for a playoff berth, it could also mean that playoff spot to be one of the wildcards if that.

There are a lot of things that can change the fortunes of a team between now and the beginning of the 2017-18 season. Even more that alters what happens and who qualifies for the post season. This is an interesting thread, and I'm glad that he posted it, thought it over and titled it in a manner appropriate. {wild (?) predictions for 2017 season}

One thing I didn't clarify about my statement is that, I hope 10 wins meant a playoff spot and Josh Norman not becoming a cancer. BUT, i wasn't as optimistic about winning a wildcard game. Getting there this year, YES...totally confident with those type of stats. I didn't ponder further than that. Also, based on history the division usually juggles the title, and rarely does a team want it back to back. I expect Dallas to cool off a little, with film and teams usually playing against Romo...who was a slippery quarterback but rarely a scrambler. NYG, always find a way to underachieve offensively, and I don't know what to expect from them. I do expect an Elite, nothing to lose "Kurt" Cousins...a Drew Brees type season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't clarify about my statement is that, I hope 10 wins meant a playoff spot and Josh Norman not becoming a cancer. BUT, i wasn't as optimistic about winning a wildcard game. Getting there this year, YES...totally confident with those type of stats. I didn't ponder further than that. Also, based on history the division usually juggles the title, and rarely does a team want it back to back. I expect Dallas to cool off a little, with film and teams usually playing against Romo...who was a slippery quarterback but rarely a scrambler. NYG, always find a way to underachieve offensively, and I don't know what to expect from them. I do expect an Elite, nothing to lose "Kurt" Cousins...a Drew Brees type season.

That's right, while I do think that this team will have a good season, I'm not sure that it won't be the NYG's time to take the division. Would love it if our guys became the Division Champs again, but to me we have just too many questions on defense and at key offensive spots (WR, RB) to seriously consider that at this time. I also agree that Dallas will cool off a bit but what does "cool off" means after a 13 win season? To me that means maybe 10 or 11 wins. I'm not sure what to expect from Cousins this year. Contrary to what others have said about his desire to get as far away from Bruce and Dan as soon as he can, my thoughts are that he has a bigger desire to play with/for Kyle or Sean than anything else.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so lets have some wild predictions put you alls thoughts out their in prediction form

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, while I do think that this team will have a good season, I'm not sure that it won't be the NYG's time to take the division. Would love it if our guys became the Division Champs again, but to me we have just too many questions on defense and at key offensive spots (WR, RB) to seriously consider that at this time. I also agree that Dallas will cool off a bit but what does "cool off" means after a 13 win season? To me that means maybe 10 or 11 wins. I'm not sure what to expect from Cousins this year. Contrary to what others have said about his desire to get as far away from Bruce and Dan as soon as he can, my thoughts are that he has a bigger desire to play with/for Kyle or Sean than anything else.

man, these statements and another thread i was looking at with us finishing 5-11 -- just made me reconsider everything about a winning record this year. I'm still optimistic BUT here is why...again Dallas could implode with Dez and Zeke starting hot but getting into trouble and getting suspended OR a prescott injury. NYG signed Brandon Marshall -- who i believe has never made the playoffs, he likely will carry that "curse" to the giants.
Obviously these are serious stretches, but stranger things have happened in this division. I must admit, new players and coordinators should have some hiccups early -- add that to a disgruntled QB, and perhaps making the playoffs is truly a wild prediction.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. There will be 3 post season qualifiers from our division, flip a coin between US and Philly on that 3rd spot.

2. Perine gets just over 1000 yards and nearly 1400 combined.

3. Fuck it....Reed will seriously consider immediate retirement after continued concussion issues.

4. In an up and down season @Coach will set a new "POOP" record.

5. There will be questions about Kirk's desire to "give his all" in the press and within the organization, they will all be labeled as "haters"

6. Kirk will be as consistent as he has been for the last two years, goalposts will be moved.

7. Defense will be the surprising strength of the team as the offense becomes more efficient in the red zone but struggles to move the ball between the 20 yard lines. (Third downs will be critical).

8. At season's end Kirk Cousins will stamp his "cult hero" entry into team folklore by insisting that Dan Snyder choose between him and Bruce Allen, then gets his LTD as the team announces that first Bruce will return when he's done refurbishing his new home then summarily and publicly dismissed for some personal issue that the organization knew about when he was originally hired. ......And we'll all just laugh and laugh and laugh!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, these statements and another thread i was looking at with us finishing 5-11 -- just made me reconsider everything about a winning record this year. I'm still optimistic BUT here is why...again Dallas could implode with Dez and Zeke starting hot but getting into trouble and getting suspended OR a prescott injury. NYG signed Brandon Marshall -- who i believe has never made the playoffs, he likely will carry that "curse" to the giants.
Obviously these are serious stretches, but stranger things have happened in this division. I must admit, new players and coordinators should have some hiccups early -- add that to a disgruntled QB, and perhaps making the playoffs is truly a wild prediction.

Exactly, there are just too many variables to accurately predict. In as much as our team is concerned, ideally we hope for a smooth transition and no major injuries either. The Giant's defense is pretty solid, their issues are on offense and they have addressed them, they believe. We all seem to agree that Dallas is going to take a step back, just not two or three of them . This is going to be a very tough division, I actually like most of the changes that we have made, I do question however, if those changes are enough to vault us past both NY and Dallas.