• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild cleaning out the house

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last holdover from the miserable Doug Risebrough regime in Minnesota has officially been canned. Assistant GM and director of scouting Tommy Thompson has be let go. This guy was a little bit better than Douggie, but as a talent evaluator, he failed miserably. Other than Gaborik, Koivu, and maybe Burns, this guy couldn't evaluate talent at all. Not only that, but he let go so much Minnesota homegrown talent in drafts that the fans finally got to him and he says go and takes with his first rounder with the Mr Hockey award winner for 2009 - a 160 pound offensive defenseman whom was such a mistake they traded him before his freshman year for the Golden Goofups was even done. I truly believe if he had advised Fletcher to take Schroeder instead of Leddy, he would still have his job.

In the meantime, I'm looking for Edmonton to pick it up and let the Wild inhabit the NW cellar for a couple of seasons as they could really use some lottery picks as well.

It's gonna take a few years to restock the cupboard, but at least in a bare cupboard, there is room to grow...

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You could kind of see it coming.

Hopefully the Wild can successfully rebuild and compete again in the near future.

Wonder what Havlat is thinking? He signs there and now it looks like a full out rebuild. Do you think they try to trade him?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he got "canned." His contract was just not re-newed.

there's a difference there...

It's ownerships way of thanking these guys for their years of service since day one. Same with Risebrough, he wasn't fired, his contract wasn't renewed. Same with Lemaire, his contract wasn't renewed. Same with Thompson I guess, although this one I'm guessing was more a Chuck Fletcher decision than anything else.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ownerships way of thanking these guys for their years of service since day one. Same with Risebrough, he wasn't fired, his contract wasn't renewed. Same with Lemaire, his contract wasn't renewed. Same with Thompson I guess, although this one I'm guessing was more a Chuck Fletcher decision than anything else.

yes, but technically, there's a difference between getting fired, and not having your contract renewed.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres a timely post

hey esls ... I dont know if we posted about this last offseason but when Pierre Mcguire was being considered/interviewed for the wild gm job, I heard that Gord Miller was going to be hired in some capacity in hockey operations (sorry if Im posting something that was common knowledge)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild ownership should be looking at highly regarded scouts for their positions now. I think the scouting department needs to be their first priority, because a general manager won't do anything right if he's advised poorly. A rebuilding team in any sport should immediately allocate the bulk of its budget to hiring high-end proven talent evaluators, in my opinion. And I hope the Wild front office does just that, but the fine folks of Minnesota deserve a good team.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to twist the knife or anything but Schroeder just had a hat-trick and an assist in the Moose's win over the Bulldogs.