• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Winners

Which teams will win this weekend?

• Chiefs

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Titans

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Rams

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Falcons

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Jaguars

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Bills

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Panthers

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any upsets in the AFC. NFC, I could see both Atlanta and Carolina winning, however, I don't see Atlanta overcoming the Rams offense and I don't think the Saints will beat the Panthers 3 times this year. Upset of the week? Carolina over New Orleans.
Why is that?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny enough, the Falcons defense has become one of the NFL's hidden secrets this last month

Its the offense that sucks a bag of balls

IDK if I'd call the Falcons defense a hidden secret. The defense has been just as good as they've been all season. They allowed 373 yards to a suck-ass bucks team who's offense was 18th in the league. Only thing they've really improved on is turnovers. 16 the whole season, 6 in December.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could be a wild weekend with at least one, maybe two upsets.

ATL @ LAR...The Rams will face a better Falcon DEF than they played LY. Of course the Falcon OFC is not as good, but I can see ATL winning this game if they keep Ryan upright.

CAR @ NO...hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

BUF @ JAX...this game could go either way imo. I think it will be a low scoring affair.

The only one I feel pretty confident in is KC beating TN.
The hard part is getting to 2-0. The team that won the first two times generally wins the third.

Demystifying the NFL: Five Common Myths Debunked » The Sports Post

That in mind, there have been 20 such division opponent versus division opponent postseason meetings with one team having won each of the regular-season contests. The regular-season winner went on to prevail in 13 of 20 playoff games to complete the “three-peat.”

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that?

There is regular season Cam and playoff Cam. Playoff Cam is really really good. I understand Drew Brees is who he is, but I doubt the Saints win three times. Since 2000 it's only happened 5 times and the last time was in 2009 when the Cowboys swept the Eagles and beat then in the playoffs. History isn't on the side of the Saints, I think Carolina is hungrier than ever being their first playoff appearance since their Super Bowl run, Cam wants to shut up critics about his play. Also, if you look at New Orleans schedule outside of division play, they've only played 4 playoff teams. Rams, Bills, Patriots and Vikings and they lost to 3 of them. They've been impressive, don't get me wrong, but they haven't really played anyone of substance and when they did, they lost. 4 of their 5 losses have come to playoff teams and they recently got beat by Tampa Bay even though the division was still up for grabs.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is regular season Cam and playoff Cam. Playoff Cam is really really good. I understand Drew Brees is who he is, but I doubt the Saints win three times. Since 2000 it's only happened 5 times and the last time was in 2009 when the Cowboys swept the Eagles and beat then in the playoffs. History isn't on the side of the Saints, I think Carolina is hungrier than ever being their first playoff appearance since their Super Bowl run, Cam wants to shut up critics about his play. Also, if you look at New Orleans schedule outside of division play, they've only played 4 playoff teams. Rams, Bills, Patriots and Vikings and they lost to 3 of them. They've been impressive, don't get me wrong, but they haven't really played anyone of substance and when they did, they lost. 4 of their 5 losses have come to playoff teams and they recently got beat by Tampa Bay even though the division was still up for grabs.
1. Playoff Cam is really really good? Based on what? He's played in 6 playoff games, he's 3-3, under 60% completion percentage, 8 TDs, 7 INTs, 245 passing yards and 37 rushing yards per game.

2. Wow that's quite the manipulation of the facts. Sure, it hasn't happened since 2009 and only happened 5 times since 2000. You fail to mention that there hasn't been a single game between division opponents when one swept the other since that game. And there have only been 7 games of that nature since 2000. So the team who went 2-0 in the regular season, is 5-2 in the third game since 2000. So how is history not on the Saints side?

3. Yeah I'm sure Brees isn't hungry for a 2nd Super Bowl ring.

4. 2 of those games were weeks 1 and 2. And are you really gonna bring up schedule when the Saints beat the Panthers twice? You don't have to look at strength of schedule. We have head to head match ups.

I'm not saying the Saints are guaranteed to win. It's just that using the reasoning that "it's hard to win 3 games against a team" is stupid. The 2-0 team historically and recently has a better chance than the 0-2 team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Playoff Cam is really really good? Based on what? He's played in 6 playoff games, he's 3-3, under 60% completion percentage, 8 TDs, 7 INTs, 245 passing yards and 37 rushing yards per game.

2. Wow that's quite the manipulation of the facts. Sure, it hasn't happened since 2009 and only happened 5 times since 2000. You fail to mention that there hasn't been a single game between division opponents when one swept the other since that game. And there have only been 7 games of that nature since 2000. So the team who went 2-0 in the regular season, is 5-2 in the third game since 2000. So how is history not on the Saints side?

4. 2 of those games were weeks 1 and 2. And are you really gonna bring up schedule when the Saints beat the Panthers twice? You don't have to look at strength of schedule. We have head to head match ups.

I'm not saying the Saints are guaranteed to win. It's just that using the reasoning that "it's hard to win 3 games against a team" is stupid. The 2-0 team historically and recently has a better chance than the 0-2 team.

Wont
Read

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. When compared to Regular Season Cam, Playoff Cam is really good. 2014 and 2015 against Arizona shows you what Cam is capable of.

2. How's that a manipulation of facts? A team hasn't beat a division rival 3 times in one season since 2009. How is that a manipulation of anything? That's stating a fact. But since you need more clarification of my opinion, since 1990, there have been sixteen times when a team was swept in the regular season and then met that opponent a third time in the playoffs. The team that swept the regular season went 11-5 in the postseason, however, 2 of those lo, in 2007, Dallas had a chance to beat the Giants 3 times but didn't. 2004, Green Bay had a chance but lost to the Vikings. So the last 4 times it was possible, it happened 50% of the time. It's a lot more than just a cumulative stat. You can't just look at the entire stat and stop analyzing it once you get to the conclusion you like. The last 2 times it was possible to happen, it happened. But the previous 2 times before that, it didn't happen.

3. Brees is hungry, but like I stated, Cam and the Panthers are hungrier than Brees is simply based on media criticism of the team and Cam and the organizational uncertainty right now. The Panthers have been overlooked and scrutinized by many this season and along with the crap that's happening with ownership and the uncertain future of the GM and Owner positions, it makes them want this championship a hell of a lot more than just a team wanting a championship. An interim GM, an interim owner, a DC that's probably gonna have a Head Coaching job next year? You wanna talk motivation on top of the normal want to win a title?

4. The Panthers were able to beat the Patriots at home and Minnesota. Something New Orleans couldn't do. And save me the whole, "they weren't the same team in week 1-2" argument because Carolina beat New England before their big run also. Carolina and New Orleans are both 4-4 against playoff teams this year, but the Panthers have beaten the Patriots, Vikings, Falcons and Bills while the Saints have beaten the Panthers twice, Falcons and Bills.

I give the edge to Carolina in this one. New Orleans had one hell of a final season for Drew Brees but I just don't think the Panthers will let up in this game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont
Read
giphy.gif

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jax at home is way different than on the road

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. When compared to Regular Season Cam, Playoff Cam is really good. 2014 and 2015 against Arizona shows you what Cam is capable of.

2. How's that a manipulation of facts? A team hasn't beat a division rival 3 times in one season since 2009. How is that a manipulation of anything? That's stating a fact. But since you need more clarification of my opinion, since 1990, there have been sixteen times when a team was swept in the regular season and then met that opponent a third time in the playoffs. The team that swept the regular season went 11-5 in the postseason, however, 2 of those lo, in 2007, Dallas had a chance to beat the Giants 3 times but didn't. 2004, Green Bay had a chance but lost to the Vikings. So the last 4 times it was possible, it happened 50% of the time. It's a lot more than just a cumulative stat. You can't just look at the entire stat and stop analyzing it once you get to the conclusion you like. The last 2 times it was possible to happen, it happened. But the previous 2 times before that, it didn't happen.

3. Brees is hungry, but like I stated, Cam and the Panthers are hungrier than Brees is simply based on media criticism of the team and Cam and the organizational uncertainty right now. The Panthers have been overlooked and scrutinized by many this season and along with the crap that's happening with ownership and the uncertain future of the GM and Owner positions, it makes them want this championship a hell of a lot more than just a team wanting a championship. An interim GM, an interim owner, a DC that's probably gonna have a Head Coaching job next year? You wanna talk motivation on top of the normal want to win a title?

4. The Panthers were able to beat the Patriots at home and Minnesota. Something New Orleans couldn't do. And save me the whole, "they weren't the same team in week 1-2" argument because Carolina beat New England before their big run also. Carolina and New Orleans are both 4-4 against playoff teams this year, but the Panthers have beaten the Patriots, Vikings, Falcons and Bills while the Saints have beaten the Panthers twice, Falcons and Bills.

I give the edge to Carolina in this one. New Orleans had one hell of a final season for Drew Brees but I just don't think the Panthers will let up in this game.

Definitely
wont
read

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC is just really bad. Like look at this. It's hard to take any of this seriously.

But go Jaguars.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Based on what? 2014 against Arizona he threw for 198 yards, 56% and 2 TDs and a pick. That's "really good" to you? 2015 he was pretty good up until the Super Bowl, but he was also great in the regular season. So what are you talking about?

2. Because saying it has only happened 5 times since 2000 ignores the fact that there have only been 7 opportunities. Saying it hasn't happened since 2009 ignores the fact that there hasn't been an opportunity for it to happen since 2009. Claiming these things mean that "history is against the Saints" is idiotic. Saying that you are just "stating a fact" is also idiotic. Yeah, no shit it's a fact. Doesn't mean it's not a manipulation. Why not say that since 2000 the team that went 2-0 is 5-2 in the 3rd game? And what do you mean stop analyzing it when I get to the conclusion I like? You stipulated "since 2000" so I looked "since 2000". If I wanted to just go back to a period of time that helped my case, I wouldn't have stopped in 2000 because I know for a fact the Titans did it in 1999. So I would have said "6-2 in the last 8 times". But I stopped at 2000 because you had already established that. You still haven't explained how 5-2 since 2000 or 11-5 since 1990 means that history is not on the Saints side.

3. "Cam and the Panthers are hungrier because I said so." That's all that junk boiled down to.

4. It's obvious the Saints aren't the same team that lost to the Pats and Vikings early in the season. You just throwing that away with "don't give me that because the Panthers beat the Patriots early in the season" shows how illogical you are.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Based on what? 2014 against Arizona he threw for 198 yards, 56% and 2 TDs and a pick. That's "really good" to you? 2015 he was pretty good up until the Super Bowl, but he was also great in the regular season. So what are you talking about?

2. Because saying it has only happened 5 times since 2000 ignores the fact that there have only been 7 opportunities. Saying it hasn't happened since 2009 ignores the fact that there hasn't been an opportunity for it to happen since 2009. Claiming these things mean that "history is against the Saints" is idiotic. Saying that you are just "stating a fact" is also idiotic. Yeah, no shit it's a fact. Doesn't mean it's not a manipulation. Why not say that since 2000 the team that went 2-0 is 5-2 in the 3rd game? And what do you mean stop analyzing it when I get to the conclusion I like? You stipulated "since 2000" so I looked "since 2000". If I wanted to just go back to a period of time that helped my case, I wouldn't have stopped in 2000 because I know for a fact the Titans did it in 1999. So I would have said "6-2 in the last 8 times". But I stopped at 2000 because you had already established that. You still haven't explained how 5-2 since 2000 or 11-5 since 1990 means that history is not on the Saints side.

3. "Cam and the Panthers are hungrier because I said so." That's all that junk boiled down to.

4. It's obvious the Saints aren't the same team that lost to the Pats and Vikings early in the season. You just throwing that away with "don't give me that because the Panthers beat the Patriots early in the season" shows how illogical you are.

Why's it always gotta be a battle with you?

1. Those two games show you how good Cam Newton in a playoff game can be. If you just focus on his passing stats then you obviously wont see it.

2. I gave you the stat and also embellished a bit because the first stat wasn't good enough for you. If you disagree, you disagree.

3. I gave you multiple reasons as to why I think the Panthers are the hungrier than the Saints and nowhere did I say, "because I said so". Try reading next time maybe.

4. Not illogical, just tired of hearing that stupid shit. They played tough teams and they lost. It not a mystery why they lost those games. Vikings, first round bye, lost. Patriots, first round bye, lost. Rams, #3 seed, lost. When they play good teams, they don't perform and that wasn't just a problem in weeks 1 and 2. It's been a problem all season long. Not to mention, with the division on the line, they lost to the Bucs.

Why does it always gotta be a battle with you when you disagree with what I'm saying? If you disagree, that's fine but don't call my reasoning idiotic or illogical because you don't agree with it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's it always gotta be a battle with you?

1. Those two games show you how good Cam Newton in a playoff game can be. If you just focus on his passing stats then you obviously wont see it.

2. I gave you the stat and also embellished a bit because the first stat wasn't good enough for you. If you disagree, you disagree.

3. I gave you multiple reasons as to why I think the Panthers are the hungrier than the Saints and nowhere did I say, "because I said so". Try reading next time maybe.

4. Not illogical, just tired of hearing that stupid shit. They played tough teams and they lost. It not a mystery why they lost those games. Vikings, first round bye, lost. Patriots, first round bye, lost. Rams, #3 seed, lost. When they play good teams, they don't perform and that wasn't just a problem in weeks 1 and 2. It's been a problem all season long. Not to mention, with the division on the line, they lost to the Bucs.

Why does it always gotta be a battle with you when you disagree with what I'm saying? If you disagree, that's fine but don't call my reasoning idiotic or illogical because you don't agree with it.
1. I didn't just focus on passing numbers. He added 7 carries for 35 yards in 2014 against Arizona. How is that "really good". Explain to me how his performance in 2014 against Arizona shows how he can be in the playoffs?

2. You didn't even answer the question. How does 11-5 since 1990 and 5-2 since 2000 mean that "history isn't on the Saints side". You made the claim, the stats don't back it up at all. So explain to me how you came to that conclusion.

3. I did read it. It's fluff. It's nonsense. It boils down to "because I said so".

4. "They played the tough teams and they lost." Oh okay so the Panthers aren't a tough team then right?

Because you say stupid stuff so I call you out for saying stupid stuff. This started with you saying that you didn't think the Saints could beat the Panthers 3 times in a season. I simply asked why you thought that. You twisted yourself into a pretzel to try to explain that "history is against them" when it comes to beating a team 3 times. You got called out on that BS and yet you can't admit you're wrong.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I didn't just focus on passing numbers. He added 7 carries for 35 yards in 2014 against Arizona. How is that "really good". Explain to me how his performance in 2014 against Arizona shows how he can be in the playoffs?

2. You didn't even answer the question. How does 11-5 since 1990 and 5-2 since 2000 mean that "history isn't on the Saints side". You made the claim, the stats don't back it up at all. So explain to me how you came to that conclusion.

3. I did read it. It's fluff. It's nonsense. It boils down to "because I said so".

4. "They played the tough teams and they lost." Oh okay so the Panthers aren't a tough team then right?

Because you say stupid stuff so I call you out for saying stupid stuff. This started with you saying that you didn't think the Saints could beat the Panthers 3 times in a season. I simply asked why you thought that. You twisted yourself into a pretzel to try to explain that "history is against them" when it comes to beating a team 3 times. You got called out on that BS and yet you can't admit you're wrong.

I literally read nothing you wrote. We disagree. Move on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part is getting to 2-0. The team that won the first two times generally wins the third.

Demystifying the NFL: Five Common Myths Debunked » The Sports Post

That in mind, there have been 20 such division opponent versus division opponent postseason meetings with one team having won each of the regular-season contests. The regular-season winner went on to prevail in 13 of 20 playoff games to complete the “three-peat.”

Good find...Interesting...I still think it's tough to beat a team 3 times in ones season, but based our your finding...Saints fans should feel pretty good about this week.