• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wichita State, VCU & Dayton to AAC?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumors of Wichita State, VCU & Dayton possibly going to the American Athletic Conference. Which makes all sorts of sense. Anyone else heard anything about this? And if so, are they talking about having it done for next year?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be weird, because VCU and Wichita State don't have football programs. Dayton has one, but I doubt they are willing to move up from the FCS level.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be weird, because VCU and Wichita State don't have football programs. Dayton has one, but I doubt they are willing to move up from the FCS level.
They can simply become basketball-only members. Or at least everything-except-football members. From the basketball side it makes a lot of sense for the conference and all three schools.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds interesting- but is there a link? Or if it was a radio broadcast- could you give a link to the station and website if possible?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can simply become basketball-only members. Or at least everything-except-football members. From the basketball side it makes a lot of sense for the conference and all three schools.

Sounds like a potential disaster. It is the AAC, though. Their top tier members would rather be somewhere else, so I guess this is feasible.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumors of Wichita State, VCU & Dayton possibly going to the American Athletic Conference. Which makes all sorts of sense. Anyone else heard anything about this? And if so, are they talking about having it done for next year?

Highly doubt it.

They'd just be re-creating the problems the old big east had.

More likely is if/when Cincy and UConn leave, they merge with someone like the A10.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its possible since Navy is a football member only, so the AAC in theory could do the same for basketball. But honestly it isn't that much of in upgrade for Dayton/VCU so I'm not sure why they'd want to do it. Sure getting to play UConn and Cincy every year would be great, but you also have to play East Carolina, USF, Tulane Tulsa etc...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its possible since Navy is a football member only, so the AAC in theory could do the same for basketball. But honestly it isn't that much of in upgrade for Dayton/VCU so I'm not sure why they'd want to do it. Sure getting to play UConn and Cincy every year would be great, but you also have to play East Carolina, USF, Tulane Tulsa etc...

Honestly, the more time goes by, the more i see UConn going back to the BE.

It would be fun.

But sad cause it will be hard to remain a top tier athletic program without a major market and no football revenue.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds interesting- but is there a link? Or if it was a radio broadcast- could you give a link to the station and website if possible?
Wichita State getting 'serious evaluation' to join American Athletic Conference
http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...luation-to-join-american-athletic-conference/
Initially I heard it from a friend of mine, who is actually a UD alum. But then I googled it and found some pages verifying the rumors. I attached one.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt it.

They'd just be re-creating the problems the old big east had.

More likely is if/when Cincy and UConn leave, they merge with someone like the A10.
What is the "same problem" the Big East had? You mean too many teams?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the East Carolina, USF's, etc are every bit as good or still better than the Fordham's, La Salle's, Duquesne's in the A-10 but this way there would at least be the UConn's and UC's with them. Definitely an upgrade.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the "same problem" the Big East had? You mean too many teams?

Football schools vs. non-football schools.

Competing interests. revenue shares etc.