• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wichita State joins AAC for 2017-2018

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing the MVC add Valpo and Oakland. Or they could just see if some of the football members want to join like SDSU, South Dakota, NDSU etc

North Dakota State would be perfect. Unstoppable D2 football program and they're also good at basketball.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Dakota State would be perfect. Unstoppable D2 football program and they're also good at basketball.
NDSU, SDSU, SOUTH DAKOTA, WESTERN ILLINOIS, YOUNGSTOWN are all MVC football schools so any of them make sense. Personally for basketball purposes I'd love Valpo but adding SDSU and NDSU for basketball makes the most sense

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball, yeah. But Houston and Navy pretty much run the show in football. Memphis and UCF have their moments. Tumberville set Cincy back like 5 years while he stole money from us.

AAC has potential in football. ECU, UCF and Cincy have been performing below their potential. Those 3 need to step it up.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AAC probably could be a top 4 conference now. Up there with the Big East.

Only if Memphis and Uconn get their act together. I don't think Memphis will ever be what it was under Coach Cal though. Plus you're counting on SMU to continue what it's been the past 4 years, when I don't think that's completely realistic given their programs history. Plus being a top 4 conference would mean they are better than three P6(Big East) conferences every year. I'm just not seeing that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NDSU, SDSU, SOUTH DAKOTA, WESTERN ILLINOIS, YOUNGSTOWN are all MVC football schools so any of them make sense. Personally for basketball purposes I'd love Valpo but adding SDSU and NDSU for basketball makes the most sense

I love the idea of them adding Valpo and North Dakota State and South Dakota State to get to 12 members. Valpo is obviously a rich basketball school, and since NDSU and SDSU have moved up to D1 they've made the tournament a combined 7 times in 11 years.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a good school, should provide the AAC with some extra quality basketball.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wichita State is about to begin a home-and-home against Baylor. They love competition.

UC really needs to upgrade their non-conference schedule too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Wichita State is about to begin a home-and-home against Baylor. They love competition.

UC really needs to upgrade their non-conference schedule too.

I thought Cincy's OOC schedule was fine last year. Playing Rhode island, Butler, Iowa State and Xavier is pretty good. And let's not forget had Cincy beaten URI, you would've played Duke instead of PSU. Sure Cincy played some cupcakes but everybody does.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent pickup.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Cincy's OOC schedule was fine last year. Playing Rhode island, Butler, Iowa State and Xavier is pretty good. And let's not forget had Cincy beaten URI, you would've played Duke instead of PSU. Sure Cincy played some cupcakes but everybody does.

I mean, it's fine, sure.

But I would like to play a Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, & etc... every few years you know...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's fine, sure.

But I would like to play a Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, & etc... every few years you know...

I get that, anybody would like to do that. Cincy had that chance last year, but unfortunately couldn't beat Rhode Island. Duke never does home and homes so the only time you'll play them OOC is more than likely in a format such as last year or an early season tournament. Kansas, UNC and UCLA are more prone to doing home and homes, but if they do it's only like once a season. It looks like Cincy is in the Cayman Island Classic next year, which is a pretty underwhelming field, except for Iowa. Uconn is participating in the Phil Knight Invitational, which has the likes of Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, Oregon, Michigan State, Texas, OU etc...

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Cincy is in the Cayman Island Classic next year, which is a pretty underwhelming field, except for Iowa. Uconn is participating in the Phil Knight Invitational, which has the likes of Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, Oregon, Michigan State, Texas, OU etc...

What a bunch of bull...

Don't wanna hear anymore bitching from Mick Cronin every March until this changes.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East isn't the Beast it once was. The top four leagues these days is usually some mixture of the ACC, Big 10, Big 12 & Pac-12; with an occasional uprising from the Big East, SEC or A-10. The AAC definitely fits in with those last 3, though; and occasionally the MWC or WCC can jump into that second tier, too.

The MVC used to be in that mix, too; but with it's two primary big guns (Creighton & Wichita) gone to other pastures, the Valley hardly stands out amongst the other mid-major leagues. There was a time when they might have lured Belmont, but now I think schools most likely to be interested in them are the ones in the Dakotas.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: membership in the Missouri Valley Football Conference has no bearing on getting into the MVC. They are two totally separate leagues that just share most of the same name.