• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Lebron is so hated

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you charge lebron rent for all the time he is in your head? WOW...obsess much?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without throwing stones... I will tell you why he is so hated.

(a) Cleveland fans hate him for obvious reason. He told everyone he would bring them a championship and promised he would stay.. and as soon as the going got tough, he bailed.
(b) The Decision... it was arrogant and obnoxious. He should have fired his PR agent and the ESPN crew who thought up that one.
(c) The speech when he got to Miami... "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc.. was very bad sportsmanship. That only added fuel to the fire. and came off arrogant.
(d) He and Bosch took less money... the system is in place for a reason. The moment players start settling for less money in order to win championships .. the entire thing breaks down. And before you defend this practice... imagine if the dream team gets together and all decides to play for a $1. Is that fair? No... so where do you draw the line. Same reason so many people hate the yankees... when you try to buy championships and circumvent the rules... people will hate you.

I was a Heat season ticket holder for a long time.. and loved watching Wade and company (even when they lost). The one championship they won before Lebron got there was sweet.. because it was earned fair and square and was intense with close games. Wade created a legacy during that run... something that has been tarnished a bit since Lebron came to Miami.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(d) He and Bosch took less money... the system is in place for a reason. The moment players start settling for less money in order to win championships .. the entire thing breaks down. And before you defend this practice... imagine if the dream team gets together and all decides to play for a $1. Is that fair? No... so where do you draw the line. Same reason so many people hate the yankees... when you try to buy championships and circumvent the rules... people will hate you.

I was a Heat season ticket holder for a long time.. and loved watching Wade and company (even when they lost). The one championship they won before Lebron got there was sweet.. because it was earned fair and square and was intense with close games. Wade created a legacy during that run... something that has been tarnished a bit since Lebron came to Miami.

:wtf2:

Players shouldnt be allowed to sign for less money? What if they all play for 1 dollar? Okay man. Let's force players not to be able to sign with whatever team they chose through free agency. Players taking less money to play for title contenders wasnt invented by Lebron and Bosh. As fans we always say we want players to sacrifice personal things to win. To put the title before personal money and goals. You have 3 players in Miami that personify that fan wish.. and then they get criticized. The Big 3 in Boston do it.. and they are awesome. Three players do it in Miami and they are hated... whatever.

Miami's 2006 run was intense with close games. True. But last's years wasnt? Did you see game 6 in Boston? or game 7 back in Miami? How about down 10 in the second half of game 5 trailing 2-1 to the Pacers? Miami was the only team in the history of the NBA to win a title after trailing in 3 different playoff series. That's not intense enough for ya? If what Miami did was so unfair and unbeatable .. explain the 2011 NBA finals.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In game 2 of Mia/Boston, Mia shot 48 fts and Lebron shot 24...Otherwise Boston beats Mia 4-1...That was all refs...

I think that's why EVERYONE still thinks Lebron is ringless. It was a bullshit ring...Regardless it came in an asterisk season. This year should be lebron's first legit ring. That is, if he doesn't choke like he's done his entire career.

Peace!!!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Miami's 2006 run was intense with close games. True. But last's years wasnt? Did you see game 6 in Boston? or game 7 back in Miami? How about down 10 in the second half of game 5 trailing 2-1 to the Pacers? Miami was the only team in the history of the NBA to win a title after trailing in 3 different playoff series. That's not intense enough for ya? If what Miami did was so unfair and unbeatable .. explain the 2011 NBA finals.

I am not saying the games aren't exciting... but back in the day, Wade was playing like Jordan and the who team had to contribute to win...

And trust me.. I am no Boston fan. I didn't like them for what they did either.

Today, it is almost like we assume they will win.. and most of the shots go through the big 3. Now with Ray Allen you had 4 players trying to buy some championships.... and I have always been a Ray Allen fan.

Do you remember when Haslem was almost unstoppable from 10 feet? Something about that team just seemed more like a team. Now you have three guys all wanting their shots with a lot of one on one.. and players like Haslem and Chalmers are just role players... nothing more. In fact, Miami would be literally unstoppable in my opinion if they had a strong point guard... because I think Chalmers hurts them on D and is questionable on O sometimes.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing for less money???

That is so weak.
It is not like Lebron signed for $1.

Lebron is the 12th highest paid player in the league.
Chris Bosh is the 13th highest paid player in the league.
But they are the #2 and #3 highest paid players that did not arrive via Larry Bird rights. Take away Larry Bird rights and only Amare Stoudemire signed for more money as a true free agent.

Also, Florida has ZERO STATE TAX. So, it is not even less money when you factor in state tax or salaries and endorsements.

Toronto has 11.6% local tax offset by a 6% differential in federal taxes. That gives an effective 5.6% local tax.
Ohio has 7.93% local tax.

A 200 million dollar deal in Toronto is worth the same as 188 million.
A 200 million dollar deal in Cleveland is worth the same as 184 million.

Then you add commercial endorsement taxes for even greater savings.

That is why Dwight Howard will be a Rocket for "less money".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bj:

Might wanna wipe your face off!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(a) Cleveland fans hate him for obvious reason. He told everyone he would bring them a championship and promised he would stay.. and as soon as the going got tough, he bailed.
(b) The Decision... it was arrogant and obnoxious. He should have fired his PR agent and the ESPN crew who thought up that one.
(c) The speech when he got to Miami... "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc.. was very bad sportsmanship. That only added fuel to the fire. and came off arrogant.

I agree with reasons a-c!! As for d. While Horns showed that they actually didn't take less money, even the perception of taking less money, would tend to make a player look better in the eyes of most fans. After all, I think that even the most loyal of NBA fans believe that most of these guys are overpaid and greedy!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with reasons a-c!! As for d. While Horns showed that they actually didn't take less money, even the perception of taking less money, would tend to make a player look better in the eyes of most fans. After all, I think that even the most loyal of NBA fans believe that most of these guys are overpaid and greedy!!

definitely AGREE with reasons a-c, though...

course i didn't like LeClown BEFORE he hooked up and started ring chasing with the Heat...

CL67

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players taking less money to win is a sacrifice. Players setting their egos aside and sacrificing individual statistics benefits the game of basketball and encourages team play. That is an even bigger sacrifice. There is an article where everybody in the Heat is happy playing together. It is also a remarkable achievement for the copach to make all the pieces work.

The nice thing about Dwyane Wade is that he is happy to defer. He knows his limitations. That is even more impressive than his championship run. These intangibles do not come often in a star player. Lebron can learn from Wade when it is time to pass the torch whever he goes.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nickname King. Kobe was king of the NBA, James was king of shit.
The pre game chalk ceremony. It just screams look at meeeeee!
The way he played Cleveland fans like little bitches, giving them hope he would return.
The decision. :L That was like a high school hat signing ceremony that just dragged on to damn long. Make a press release, we didnt need an hour build up to that shit.
His first Heat pep rally. All those championship claims....

Still. Lebron is a bad ass basketball player but he stepped on the scene and the PR machine spewed junk that he was the next Jordon like player before he had accomplished a damn thing! The media created this monster and it fed his ego. Now that he has a title, maybe it will humble him. Maybe not but that is where the hate comes from IMO.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said except about Lebron now having a title. He doesn't have a title. He has an asterisk...

...Let's see Lebron win a ring without Bosh, and Wade and Ray allen. Till Lebron does that I'm not impressed. Any top 10 player in the league can win a title with Bosh wade, and Ray allen.

Peace!!

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Kome has two *** titles, loser sman is back. Go back to cbs loser. All he talks about for the last year is Lebron's non-legit title, steroids and anything bashing Lebron. Not a Lebron fan here but I have a life.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said except about Lebron now having a title. He doesn't have a title. He has an asterisk...

...Let's see Lebron win a ring without Bosh, and Wade and Ray allen. Till Lebron does that I'm not impressed. Any top 10 player in the league can win a title with Bosh wade, and Ray allen.

Peace!!

You sound absolutely fuckn stupid. LMAO. So Kobe didn't have help, Jordan didn't have help. What about the Lakers and Cs teams in 60's, 70's, and even 80's. They had a team full of all-stars and HoFs.

Every time you open your mouth, you make EVERYONE else sound like a genius.

PEACE! :peace:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some dirty cheating in there. One would think all of that roid use would result in him being less of a pussy.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Kobe and MJ had help. However, they didn't cowardly run to a team loaded with Superstars because they choked every year in the playoffs.

Until Lebron wins a ring without Bosh and Wade and Ray Allen I'm not impressed. Nor is anyone else.

Peace!!1

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is hated because he is the best player in the world and he is not on the hater's favorite team. That is the absolute and simple TRUTH. Any other explanation is pure bulls--t.

/ThreadClosed

Last edited by a moderator: