• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Saban asking Jim McElwain to coach the BCSCG?

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just seems like a plan for disaster here, it has never worked well for anybody before.

We have time to make a change and let Mike Groh move over and coach the game, Someone else can take up the WR coaching slack.

I just feel this is a bad omen following us into Nola...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it would be even worse to change coaches right before the title game, maybe a lower tier bowl, but not the NC. Besides, Jim McElwain needs this championship win on his resume, I think he will be more prepared for this game than ever, it's his last game with us.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish strong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cant think of a worse decision then trying to change OC's right before your National Championship game. Good thing our fans dont run our program.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know bringing this up will offend a few people in the fan base, but I do think it's an honest question that merits discussion.

Is Jim just coaching for media attention for CSU? God knows he needs it at 9-27 Ft. Colorado State.

Remember the bowls Dan Mullens and CMR coached after being named to other schools as HC's?

We all know how that worked out...

The Bama offense is the simplest one in the SEC so it's not like it would take a rocket scientist to call the plays in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bama offense is the simplest one in the SEC so it's not like it would take a rocket scientist to call the plays in.

I take offense to it bc its a much more complicated offense then most give it credit for bc they dont understand all the blocking TE movements presnap and how those movements greatly impact blocking assignments that create mismatches as well as move the defense around taking them out one of look or revealing the defense they were trying to run man/ zone etc.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only mismatches it creates is when they play a mismatched team...IMO I mean basicly I see three plays outside of running TR (alone and not in the Bama ball tradition) up the middle, the strong sweep to the short side of the field ( which works about once in the last 5 games ).

That bubble pass where all the receivers run to the middle of the field. and on third and long that wild elephant play with TR acting as QB.

That was our entire offensive scheme against LSU.

The problem lies when you face a talented, well coached defensive team that Von Schlieffen plan fails every time.

I know we had the tight end play, but once pressure was applied to McSack his tunnel vision was narrowed beyond his ability to see the corners.

Honestly you should be able to see that our talent and defense won the games this year and overcame a mediocre offensive scheme whether it is Jims fault or Sabans overreaching meddling either way it is still Jims fault ultimately if he let Saban bully him and not stand up for his part of the project.

That simple.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's gonna get to coach the NC game. He's earned that. That being said, I'm looking forward to what a new OC will bring to the table.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He will be motivated for this game. It's the National Championship. You can't really believe that he won't give his best effort.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very happy to finally hear that McElwain was leaving but it is better for him and a lot better for Bama to have him coaching in the National Championship Game.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a very good job..

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I was wrong this time ole Saban loosened the reigns a little and the light came on.