• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why don't all driving ranges....

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up some small photos of how to properly take care of the stall you are in.
It will teach beginners how to pay attention to their divots, and it will help the range staff not have to move the stalls as much. Less maintenance and will create better golfers.

Reactions: DUB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly due to golfer negligence... Most people don't care or don't want to spend the time on it. Golfers warming up by hitting a small bucket 10-15mins before their tee time could care less. I see it all the time. Seems like etiquette has gone waaaaay downhill over the years.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly due to golfer negligence... Most people don't care or don't want to spend the time on it. Golfers warming up by hitting a small bucket 10-15mins before their tee time could care less. I see it all the time. Seems like etiquette has gone waaaaay downhill over the years.

Finding the only stall available is the one that Paul Bunyan just got done hitting out of is down right dangerous.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding the only stall available is the one that Paul Bunyan just got done hitting out of is down right dangerous.
Irritating for sure. I definitely pick & choose my courses for range days. Always willing to pay the extra couple dollars per bucket for the quality of the range. But I have been known to move the "stalls" if necessary. I upset a greenskeeper once for doing it, but I essentially told him to do his job better so I wouldn't have to. He ended up agreeing with me.

Reactions: DUB

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Zooky I could be lazy with my wording and say people just don't care..... but I can't do that. Sure you will get the smaller percent that don't care. So be it. However, a lot of people just don't know. I agree teaching and learning is tough to come by in golf. People are in their own world at the range and it's quite as well. Shoot a 30 second must watch learning video at checkout is worth me standing in line extra 45 secs so that person can see how to practice out there.... Signs are easy to walk by but if put up right I do agree they show what to do but many people still need to be showed how... I like the thought...

I practice at a place uptown a lot and it has 2 chipping area greens, a range, a putting area green. I can't tell you how many times I go up to a person and explain as I see them chipping or about to on the putting green. They didn't know. No sign up either but you would think when you see others putting it's the putting green... nope.

-DUB-

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put up some small photos of how to properly take care of the stall you are in.
It will teach beginners how to pay attention to their divots, and it will help the range staff not have to move the stalls as much. Less maintenance and will create better golfers.

I do agree that hitting stalls turf can be maintained better. I think the bigger picture is newbie players or people that don't play a lot of golf are mostly out there fending for themselves.

I started the game with lessons and when I played with guys they taught me the ropes on etiquette, and I've tried to do the same for players that I've introduced to golf or when playing with newbies that really don't have a clue.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that hitting stalls turf can be maintained better. I think the bigger picture is newbie players or people that don't play a lot of golf are mostly out there fending for themselves.

I started the game with lessons and when I played with guys they taught me the ropes on etiquette, and I've tried to do the same for players that I've introduced to golf or when playing with newbies that really don't have a clue.

It is a different crowd nowadays for sure. There is a lot of blame to go around though on why driving ranges end up looking like mine fields, 2 weeks after they have opened.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a different crowd nowadays for sure. There is a lot of blame to go around though on why driving ranges end up looking like mine fields, 2 weeks after they have opened.

Generally speaking I think the growth wave that probably started with Tiger is over. There is a pretty big initiative to get young girls into the game, but in terms of your point...I think it would help if the ranges has some visuals out on turf maintenance.

At the ranges I go to most often, there are no individual hitting stalls, but they could have some literature on the bag stands maybe.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking I think the growth wave that probably started with Tiger is over. There is a pretty big initiative to get young girls into the game, but in terms of your point...I think it would help if the ranges has some visuals out on turf maintenance.

At the ranges I go to most often, there are no individual hitting stalls, but they could have some literature on the bag stands maybe.

Or pass out a pack of 10 tees with a quick read memo on occasion.