• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why didn't McCoy get traded to the Titans?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i am not going to buy that because when he went 29 tds to 2 ints his performance certainly was key and when he left the line up the failed to make the play offs

he was 13 tds and 10 ints before he got hurt and teams win close games they should and lose close games they shouldnt

his performance dropped off but so would anyones with those numbers . falling apart is hardly what happened

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes a lot of sense. And thats why I still don't see why they wouldn't do a deal with the Titans.
Now we have a chance to rise from the ashes, next year from picks. throwing the kitchen sink at the titans means nothing. Helping us could cost Kelly his job. Honestly, I would have given Tennessee Foles, McCoy, The 1st-3rd. Lose nothing next year and go crazy in FA. he played his McCoy card wrong. I don't believe he couldn't get a 2nd or 3rd from anyone....this wasn't a DJAX gang fabrication.

I think the Eagles feel they did better then getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick. They got someone who they feel is a star, young and inexpensive at a position they needed to fill. Time will tell.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i am not going to buy that because when he went 29 tds to 2 ints his performance certainly was key and when he left the line up the failed to make the play offs

he was 13 tds and 10 ints before he got hurt and teams win close games they should and lose close games they shouldnt

his performance dropped off but so would anyones with those numbers . falling apart is hardly what happened

In 2013, Foles literally had seven, eight or even nine seconds to throw the ball. I remember watching him play against teams like the Raiders and Packers when he just stood in the pocket for what appeared to be an eternity. The next year, his o-line faltered. Lane Johnson was suspended for four games, Jason Kelce got hurt, and so did Evan Mathis. With a line that wasn't effective, Foles had to run for his life, which is something far from what his skill set is. And guess what? McCoy's performance suffered too.

Having said all that, Foles 27 TD / 2 INT stat line in 2013 was clearly an anomaly. And his 13 TD / 10 INT split last year isn't truly indicative of his worth. He's somewhere in the middle, but even Philly fans (and Chippy) will tell you that they didn't have the faith you've got in Foles as of last year.

And while good teams do win close games, Philly clearly lucked out in our first game and against the Jags. Against us, slow, plodding Chris Polk's kickoff return for a TD and Forbath's miss of chip shot FG cost us the game. Foles wasn't terrible that game but he also wasn't the guy he was in 2013.