• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing has entirely devolved into some serious stupid.

Carry on.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban won a BCS bowl and finished top 5 in the country in the MAC? I didn’t know that?

It is PRICELESS, you are trying to talk him up by using the MAC, when he coached 5 years in the B1G and did nothing. Got blown out in 3 bowl games. No conference titles. Nothing. Now go look what the guy he took over for at MSU and what he did in his first 5 years or what Dantonio did in his first 5 years.

Saban is a great coach when he has the advantages the SEC provides. That is exactly why he jumped at the chance to go back when he got to see what a level playing looked like in the NFL.

It isnt a bad thing. But you give any number of coaches the #1 draft class for a decade straight and you’d get the same results. It is why he will never leave the SEC

^doesn't even realize the reason Alabama has been pulling in the #1 recruiting class over the past years is because he was winning National Championships.

Alabama recruiting classes:

2006: #13
2007: #12
2008: #3 (with a high load of recruits, not the best average)
2009: #3 (with a high load of recruits, not the best average).

And that's what Alabama won the 2009 NC with. Undefeated season.

2010: #4
2011: #1

And now we are to the 2nd NC

Then #1's from then out until this year, where we will not be finishing #1.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, I could have swore I just watched like 12 different games in the past 4 months.

Yep, sure did.

lol. Congrats . You watched Alabama play on TV. You're on here like some die hard fan defending Saban and Alabama and in reality you've never actually seen them play ( and no TV doesn't count). But carry on. lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Congrats . You watched Alabama play on TV. You're on here like some die hard fan defending Saban and Alabama and in reality you've never actually seen them play ( and no TV doesn't count). But carry on. lol

I'm pretty sure Alabama kicked the shit outta USC 52-6 at the game and on my TV.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^doesn't even realize the reason Alabama has been pulling in the #1 recruiting class over the past years is because he was winning National Championships.

Alabama recruiting classes:

2006: #13
2007: #12
2008: #3 (with a high load of recruits, not the best average)
2009: #3 (with a high load of recruits, not the best average).

And that's what Alabama won the 2009 NC with. Undefeated season.

2010: #4
2011: #1

And now we are to the 2nd NC

Then #1's from then out until this year, where we will not be finishing #1.

Never know. I didn't expect Bama to beat out Ohio State last year and Saban somehow pulled it off with a late surge

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know. I didn't expect Bama to beat out Ohio State last year and Saban somehow pulled it off with a late surge

It's my understanding that we aren't able to sign as many players as normal this year due to needing numbers for previous years or something.

And with the early signing period, I'm betting late surges are going to be more rare. Of course the ones that don't sign are likely to be those high 5 stars which leaves some big movement, but it's going to be different this year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban won a BCS bowl and finished top 5 in the country in the MAC? I didn’t know that?

It is PRICELESS, you are trying to talk him up by using the MAC, when he coached 5 years in the B1G and did nothing. Got blown out in 3 bowl games. No conference titles. Nothing. Now go look what the guy he took over for at MSU and what he did in his first 5 years or what Dantonio did in his first 5 years.

Saban is a great coach when he has the advantages the SEC provides. That is exactly why he jumped at the chance to go back when he got to see what a level playing looked like in the NFL.

It isnt a bad thing. But you give any number of coaches the #1 draft class for a decade straight and you’d get the same results. It is why he will never leave the SEC

Oh, now we are counting BCS games as championships? Who knew.

I guess we will never know what Joe Schmo coach will do with that many straight #1 recruiting classes...because nobody has ever done it...ever.

Maybe Jimmy Jam needs more sleepover camps.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, why is it that Urban is no longer at Florida? I feel like I remember something happening, but I smoke so much weed I forgot.

:think:
Wasn't it because Urban was stressed out and wanted to spend more time with his family? That stress didn't last long.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, now we are counting BCS games as championships? Who knew.

I guess we will never know what Joe Schmo coach will do with that many straight #1 recruiting classes...because nobody has ever done it...ever.

Maybe Jimmy Jam needs more sleepover camps.

While going 9-2 with a MAC schedule is a tremendous accomplishment — I’m going out on a limb and saying winning a BCS bowl and finishing top 5 in the country is SLIGHTLY better.

And as I said — Saban is a great coach in the SEC. He left and immediately came back because he found out what a level playing field looked like in the NFL and he ran back to the SEC.

Outside the SEC — he is a solid coach, but nothing special. Which is why I said — what Urban Meyer has done, winning N.C. in two different conferences, as well as going undefeated at Utah in a season. That is winning no matter where you go. Saban has only won in the SEC.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it because Urban was stressed out and wanted to spend more time with his family? That stress didn't last long.

Something like my dream job opening up would go a long way to reducing my stress level too

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like my dream job opening up would go a long way to reducing my stress level too
Wasn’t his wife was upset he was tagging coeds his daughter’s age and wanted him out of that chess pool that is Florida.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he quit Florida twice.

The first time was in 2009. He had to go to the emergency room with chest pains after the SECCG. So it started then and he was gone, but then he was going to be around, and then he was back for 2010. Then in 2010 they weren't very good, got whipped by Alabama in the regular season and then he quit for family reasons etc.

Spent a year at ESPN, then Tressell gets fired and Ohio St hires him.

He's damn near unstoppable with a big QB. Much less scary with a smaller QB. If Cam Newton doesn't steal that laptop, he's probably still at Florida and would have won the 2010 NC for sure.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first time was in 2009. He had to go to the emergency room with chest pains after the SECCG. So it started then and he was gone, but then he was going to be around, and then he was back for 2010. Then in 2010 they weren't very good, got whipped by Alabama in the regular season and then he quit for family reasons etc.

He's damn near unstoppable with a big QB. Much less scary with a smaller QB. If Cam Newton doesn't steal that laptop, he's probably still at Florida and would have won the 2010 NC for sure.
Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im excited to see Haskins next year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummmm your timeline is off.