• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whose your top 5 picks for next year

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he actually agrees with you, he's just being Milk, which is to say he's being the contritianion. Did I spell that right?

its not that i disagree... its weird knocking a player that you think is good... i am not really trying to knock him at all.... just identifying worry(at least my worry)... I probably would draft him top 5... But not over Brown, Bell, Johnson...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not that i disagree... its weird knocking a player that you think is good... i am not really trying to knock him at all.... just identifying worry(at least my worry)... I probably would draft him top 5... But not over Brown, Bell, Johnson...
Well you got a chance to move up, make the most of it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thoughts on this and it's the same as it is every year. The first round is about security, not upside. Give me Zeke and his pretty much guaranteed 15 points a week over Beckham and his 5 points one game and then 30 points the next. I'll take consistency any day of the week, but at the beginning of last year I had Hopkins in my top 5 so what the hell do I know :) For what it's worth though my top five would be:

1. Leveon Bell
1a. David Johnson (To me both of them are so far ahead of everybody else that it isn't even funny)
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. Antonio Brown
5. Lesean Mccoy

I know that there will be a new coach and the quarterback situation is up in the air, but the Bills were the #1 rushing team last year (yes even ahead of the Cowboys).

I saw that somebody posted that the teams at the top of his league had one of the top wide receivers on their team, but in the ten leagues I was in, every team that made it to the championship game had either David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Lesean Mccoy, or Demarco Murray on it. Every single one of them. I agree completely with Joe that it is easier to "fix" a first round mistake at wide receiver than it is at running back because of the depth at the wide receiver position. Some things that you won't see next year IMHO, a tight end or quarterback going before round 3. The depth at quarterback has just gotten so deep that you don't have to get a top tier guy early anymore, Gronk burned so many people this year that everybody will shy away until later.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thoughts on this and it's the same as it is every year. The first round is about security, not upside. Give me Zeke and his pretty much guaranteed 15 points a week over Beckham and his 5 points one game and then 30 points the next. I'll take consistency any day of the week, but at the beginning of last year I had Hopkins in my top 5 so what the hell do I know :) For what it's worth though my top five would be:

1. Leveon Bell
1a. David Johnson (To me both of them are so far ahead of everybody else that it isn't even funny)
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. Antonio Brown
5. Lesean Mccoy

I know that there will be a new coach and the quarterback situation is up in the air, but the Bills were the #1 rushing team last year (yes even ahead of the Cowboys).

I saw that somebody posted that the teams at the top of his league had one of the top wide receivers on their team, but in the ten leagues I was in, every team that made it to the championship game had either David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Lesean Mccoy, or Demarco Murray on it. Every single one of them. I agree completely with Joe that it is easier to "fix" a first round mistake at wide receiver than it is at running back because of the depth at the wide receiver position. Some things that you won't see next year IMHO, a tight end or quarterback going before round 3. The depth at quarterback has just gotten so deep that you don't have to get a top tier guy early anymore, Gronk burned so many people this year that everybody will shy away until later.

My feelings on the matter is that Johnson and Bell have the higher ceiling especially in a PPR league, but Zeke floor is much higher then either. He just seems...safe.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Lesean Mccoy

Bills were also tops in rushing in 2015, pretty sure they led the league in almost every fantasy relevant stat that year, rush yds per game, avg YPC, and TDs

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 12 Rookies for Dynasty
Cook
Fournette
Corey Davis
Joe Mixon
Mike Williams
John Ross
D'onta Foreman
Christian McCaffrey
Corey Clement
Samaje Perin
Juju Smith
Alvin Kamara

If Smith falters, will they name him 'Bad Juju'? :pound::pound::pound:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters in my ranking of Shady, (not so great qb, stick with run heavy..good for Shady, better QB, better the offense..good for Shady), but, I'm hoping Cardale makes a developmental leap. If he can get the nuances down, I think he could be electric

I love Shady but I think Tyrod helps the run game a fair amount.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of you who are putting WR in your top 5 are crazy.
WR is the deepest position.
Just off the top of my head, I'd be willing to wager that any fantasy team that won had done so because of their RB depth. (And teams that had lost were because they were RB-challenged.) Bottom line you can wait on a stud WR.

I think its crazy to have 5 rbs over AB, Evans, Julio, and OBJ

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its crazy to have 5 rbs over AB, Evans, Julio, and OBJ
Lol, Well we can get into the whole supply demand conversation again if you like, especially when pertaining to the elite levels at each respective position, but that's the way it is.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Well we can get into the whole supply demand conversation again if you like, especially when pertaining to the elite levels at each respective position, but that's the way it is.

Sigh lol.

Much more complex than that but you do you. We both know we aren't convincing the other lol :suds:

Jimmy G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the Fantasy Pros Experts rankings--I realize QB is deep, but 1st QB at 45th overall, with three (yes, 3) TE's going before the first QB--seems a bit much.

Anyway, my current top five are:
DJ
Bell
Zeke
AB
McCoy

I'll be quite happy with the 4 WR's I'll take between rounds 3 thru 8. Prefer to get two solid RB's in the first two rounds.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the Fantasy Pros Experts rankings--I realize QB is deep, but 1st QB at 45th overall, with three (yes, 3) TE's going before the first QB--seems a bit much.

Anyway, my current top five are:
DJ
Bell
Zeke
AB
McCoy

I'll be quite happy with the 4 WR's I'll take between rounds 3 thru 8. Prefer to get two solid RB's in the first two rounds.
i like this guy

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the 5th, but it will be an RB like the four before him.... and the more behind him.

:nod:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just looking at Fantasy Pros early consensus rankings and Howard is currently in the first round (#10).
just saying.
Well I'm looking to grab him in my keeper as the #2 in the supplementary round. Have to say, looks like my keeper will be Keenan Allen so I's better kill it in the draft.