• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whose your top 5 picks for next year

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Howard being a hot name come August, but he isn't in my top 5.

1. DJ
2. Bell
3. Zeke
4. OBJ
5. Brown

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wr's scored more than QB'S? Interesting scoring system

yeah, it's a jacked scoring. .5ppr

But I've scored 2nd place both years it has been around. Can't get the #1 money, but still up about $500 total in two years.

Offsets my losses in the stupid Nos Hoop league!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it?
Cutler started 5 games.
So did Hoyer.
Barkley started 6 games.

Here's how Howard did on average yards from scrimmage for each:
Cutler = 114.5
Hoyer = 89.3
Barkley = 121.7

Why was he less successful with Hoyer?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he less successful with Hoyer?
At work so this is off the top of my head but I think Hoyer's stretch was against teams like Sea etc.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Zeke in the top 5 person(if he is he is number 5)... the way i see it the cowboys had a SPECIAL season where they didn't play much from behind, so i don't see his touches increasing... Nor is he a great receiving back... so really, i don't see any improvement for him... Now, not knocking him, he is a clear top 5 RB... but i am just not going crazy on him...

Milk,

It is straight crazy talk to take Zeke out of the top 5. Dallas has the best O line in football. That is not changing. Zeke is also as talented as any back in the league. He is a good receiving back, the Cowboys simply choose to rest him on those downs because they use him so heavily on 1st and 2nd. If Zeke is not on your top 3, your top 3 is wrong.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk,

It is straight crazy talk to take Zeke out of the top 5. Dallas has the best O line in football. That is not changing. Zeke is also as talented as any back in the league. He is a good receiving back, the Cowboys simply choose to rest him on those downs because they use him so heavily on 1st and 2nd. If Zeke is not on your top 3, your top 3 is wrong.

He will probably be a consensus top 5. But won't be mine. Sophomore running backs scare me. And since I don't see much room for improvement, I have to project at least somewhat of a decline. Hard for me to put a player I am expecting a decline from in my top 5 when he hasn't shown yet the receiving skill. An average of 2 catches per game is just not enough for me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably be a consensus top 5. But won't be mine. Sophomore running backs scare me. And since I don't see much room for improvement, I have to project at least somewhat of a decline. Hard for me to put a player I am expecting a decline from in my top 5 when he hasn't shown yet the receiving skill. An average of 2 catches per game is just not enough for me.

He has shown receiving skill though. The Cowboys simply didn't use him much in that role as a rookie.

I can understand ranking DJ and Bell ahead of him, but nobody else. Those 3 are leaps and bounds clear of the rest of the field in terms of value.

If you knock Howard for a bad situation, how can you not give Zeke credit for a great one? There is literally not another team in the NFL better set up for RB success. Dallas is not fluke and it makes me sick to say that as a Redskin fan.

Zeke Elliott is easily the safest RB pick in draft day. Bell and DJ both carry more risk.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shown receiving skill though. The Cowboys simply didn't use him much in that role as a rookie.

I can understand ranking DJ and Bell ahead of him, but nobody else. Those 3 are leaps and bounds clear of the rest of the field in terms of value.

If you knock Howard for a bad situation, how can you not give Zeke credit for a great one? There is literally not another team in the NFL better set up for RB success. Dallas is not fluke and it makes me sick to say that as a Redskin fan.

Zeke Elliott is easily the safest RB pick in draft day. Bell and DJ both carry more risk.

I said this earlier, but i guess it depends on whether it is PPR(or anything not standard) or standard... In standard, i would probably agree... but in anything not standard, i would rather have some WRs than him...

and yes Zeke has the best situation, and that offensive line + RB is not a fluke... But without a clear knowledge of his usage as a receiver and the knowledge that things CAN NOT go as right for dallas as it did this season, IMO there is enough evidence that he will decline and not improve... and like i said in my previous post i am not a fan of sophomore RBs, especially when a decline is inevitable...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this earlier, but i guess it depends on whether it is PPR(or anything not standard) or standard... In standard, i would probably agree... but in anything not standard, i would rather have some WRs than him...

and yes Zeke has the best situation, and that offensive line + RB is not a fluke... But without a clear knowledge of his usage as a receiver and the knowledge that things CAN NOT go as right for dallas as it did this season, IMO there is enough evidence that he will decline and not improve... and like i said in my previous post i am not a fan of sophomore RBs, especially when a decline is inevitable...

But that is just it. Your assumption that decline is inevitable is a bad one.

Prescott and Alf Morris each vultured quite a few short yardage TDs this year. Zeke was not used much in the passing game despite having the skill set for it.

If your rankings assume PPR than I guess you have a case, but when asked to rank players, most assume standard scoring. Even in PPR, I would take Zeke 3rd overall. He is really good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prescott and Alf Morris each vultured quite a few short yardage TDs this year. Zeke was not used much in the passing game despite having the skill set for it.

If your rankings assume PPR than I guess you have a case, but when asked to rank players, most assume standard scoring. Even in PPR, I would take Zeke 3rd overall. He is really good.

unfortunately this is incorrect... PPR is becoming standard...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting Milk to the test. Made him a offer, waiting to see what he says.:nod:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he had 322 carries, that was 30 more than the next RB... I don't see much improvement in carry totals... and like i said the cowboys had a SPECIAL season this season... they were almost NEVER playing from behind... Now, that could also be a reason he wasn't an active piece of the passing game, i will accept that possibility... But i don't know if i can count on it...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had 322 carries, that was 30 more than the next RB... I don't see much improvement in carry totals... and like i said the cowboys had a SPECIAL season this season... they were almost NEVER playing from behind... Now, that could also be a reason he wasn't an active piece of the passing game, i will accept that possibility... But i don't know if i can count on it...

Really curious to get your response from my offer after this post.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really curious to get your response from my offer after this post.

i responded, but forgot to add this nugget... There is a huge difference in KEEPING a player and drafting a player... Keeping a player I look at the potential upside. Drafting a player, especially in the first round, i am looking more at the floor...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i responded, but forgot to add this nugget... There is a huge difference in KEEPING a player and drafting a player... Keeping a player I look at the potential upside. Drafting a player, especially in the first round, i am looking more at the floor...

IDK, seems to me your lacking in conviction. I a wait your counter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately this is incorrect... PPR is becoming standard...

Not true.

Standard is standard. Stop trying to make things complicated.

I don't care about carry totals. Zeke is a monster and the Cowboys did not over use him. They are a running team. If you pass on Zeke at pick 3, then I hope I have pick 4.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is precisely why Zeke is so good. His floor is ridiculous.

Just look at Murray 2 years ago. Zeke is considerably better than Murray and minus the ware and tear. Even the ghost of Darren McFadden ran for 1000 yards in a lost season behind that OL. Zeke is a lock for 1500 yards and 10 TDs, with upside for plenty more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is precisely why Zeke is so good. His floor is ridiculous.

Just look at Murray 2 years ago. Zeke is considerably better than Murray and minus the ware and tear. Even the ghost of Darren McFadden ran for 1000 yards in a lost season behind that OL. Zeke is a lock for 1500 yards and 10 TDs, with upside for plenty more.
I think he actually agrees with you, he's just being Milk, which is to say he's being the contritianion. Did I spell that right?