• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Your Playoff Hero?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will be the year that Carter tears it up!

I can only hope...

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah i'm defining playoff hero here as someone who surprises most people and really performs well..guys like briere and giroux and pronger are always money in the playoffs, but its merely them being the stars on the team, as everyone expects them to be. i really think JVR is going to have a great playoffs and score goals a plenty

Then I'm gonna go with Bobrovsky, because if he's that guy, the Flyers are golden!

(By the way, can anyone tell me what :lock1: means? It is confusing me.)

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt somebody keep saying a player would have a big game every game last year or is that just me going crazy?

I started a Tonights Hero thread when we were down 3-0 against Boston and kept it going until the end. I picked Kimmo every night. I will start it again on Thursday.:clap2::decision::whoo:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means I will go with Kimmo although Meszaros had a great season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'm gonna go with Bobrovsky, because if he's that guy, the Flyers are golden!

I think if Bob and/or Carter surprise us with stellar play throughout the playoffs, we will be hoisting a Stanley Cup come June. I say this because we expect our offense to produce with the likes of Giroux and whoever he plays with plus a still likely dominant line of Hartnell, Briere and Leino and then Richie with Versteeg in addition to the offense from the back end. Carter is the offensive X-factor because he's a guy that scores around 38-40 goals a season and then his production traditionally drops by about 30% in the playoffs. Then you have Bob, who shouldn't need to stand on his head with the defense that is in front of him, but it could make for a quick and easy run to the finals if he does. As long as he's sharp with rebound control, keeps his glove high and plays the puck only when absolutely necessary, he will probably do just fine, we just don't expect him to dominate.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i would assume that it is a betting mans smilie, used to reference a 'lock'. for example, tonight the phillies are a :lock1: to beat the nationals.