• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your pick for the four playoff teams?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing but excuse after excuse w/ you. And I haven't made anything up. I've just repeated some of the bullshit you've said in the past. And keep :bawling:over last years game while ignoring the fact Yer Boyz had plenty of opportunities to take care of business & didn't + they turned the ball over 3x in the game. None of that matter though right? And congrats on your moral victory during last years Playoff. I even said before it started the Buckeyes had no business there. How did Jimmy Jam's Crew do in their bowl game again?

And you're beyond pathetic. The only way you can validate Jimmy Jam's FBS coaching career is bring up stuff he did on the FCS level & in the NFL. Neither of those have anything to do w/ FBS football. So I'll ask you yet again...what has he won on the FBS level?

Hey remember when you were saying a week or 2 ago that Jimmy Jam won 2 conference crowns in the NFL?:pound:
You are more full of shit than a clogged toilet.

I just told you what I said. Now read what you wrote and say again you aren't making stuff up.

And I'm over the game with OSU -- Karma took care of that.

I believe Jimmy Jam won a BCS Bowl at Stanford. But continue with your stories.

UM lost on a last second score by FSU. Seemed to be a theme the last month of the season. That being said -- UM actually scored, something OSU didn't do. Just think -- OSU's offense scored 3 points total in regulation over the last two weeks of the season.

Lastly -- only you would laugh at someone being a winning coach at the pinnacle of the coaching profession. At least OSU fans don't have to worry about Urban heading to the NFL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Averaged 27th best over the past decade. Thank goodness for the 2011 class (16th) or it would have been worse.

They do a good job of developing players though. I will say that.

When you produce in state talent on par with Delaware -- getting recruiting classes even remotely near the top 25 is impressive. Not like it is easy to convince people to move to the corn fields.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just told you what I said. Now read what you wrote and say again you aren't making stuff up.

And I'm over the game with OSU -- Karma took care of that.

I believe Jimmy Jam won a BCS Bowl at Stanford. But continue with your stories.

UM lost on a last second score by FSU. Seemed to be a theme the last month of the season. That being said -- UM actually scored, something OSU didn't do. Just think -- OSU's offense scored 3 points total in regulation over the last two weeks of the season.

Lastly -- only you would laugh at someone being a winning coach at the pinnacle of the coaching profession. At least OSU fans don't have to worry about Urban heading to the NFL.

You're not over that Ohio State game or you wouldn't still be talking about it. Yes Jimmy Jam won 1 big time bowl game while @ Stanford. What else has he won? Does he have a complete CFB coaching resume?

A loss is a loss is loss. Stop making excuses because Yer Boyz didn't beat FSU.

And I'm not laughing @ JH, I'm laughing @ you for your nonstop efforts to convince yourself he has a complete CFB coaching resume. I have said many times he's a damn good coach.

And only you care that Meyer's never coached in the NFL. Again bringing up Jimmy Jam's NFL coaching record is the only way you can validate his FBS coaching career.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
You're not over that Ohio State game or you wouldn't still be talking about it. Yes Jimmy Jam won 1 big time bowl game while @ Stanford. What else has he won? Does he have a complete CFB coaching resume?

And I'm not laughing @ JH, I'm laughing @ you for your nonstop efforts to convince yourself he has a complete CFB coaching resume. I have said many times he's a damn good coach.

And only you care that Meyer's never coached in the NFL. Again bringing up Jimmy Jam's NFL coaching record is the only way you can validate his FBS coaching career.

Yes. Turning one of the worst programs in all of college into a national power in 4 years is definitely nothing. As well as taking over a program with one double digit win season in 8 years and winning 10 games in his first two years. :scratch:

Same with taking over 1-11 San Diego and by the 2nd year they were 11-1. Or the SanFran team who hadn't had a winning season in a decade and going 13-3 in year 1.

You are spot on. He has done nothing. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was embarrassed 31-0. I'd be saying a loss is a loss too. It was a fitting end for the team who didn't deserve to be there anyway.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF-is-this-shit-GIF.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Yes. Turning one of the worst programs in all of college into a national power in 4 years is definitely nothing. As well as taking over a program with one double digit win season in 8 years and winning 10 games in his first two years. :scratch:

Same with taking over 1-11 San Diego and by the 2nd year they were 11-1. Or the SanFran team who hadn't had a winning season in a decade and going 13-3 in year 1.

You are spot on. He has done nothing. :L

I never said he's done nothing in CFB. I said his FBS coaching resume in incomplete. You don't understand that @ all. I'll try asking you this 1 more time. It'll be a waste of time because I've asked you before & you refuse to answer. Why is every other CFB coach judged by their resume (conference crowns, multiple big time bowls W's & Natty's) but you always give Jimmy Jam a free pass about all of those things?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was embarrassed 31-0. I'd be saying a loss is a loss too. It was a fitting end for the team who didn't deserve to be there anyway.

You are a special kind of crazy. When I said a loss is a loss is a loss I was talking about meeeechegan's loss to FSU. Way to twist my words around & bring something up that has nothing to w/ Jimmy Jam or his team.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he's done nothing in CFB. I said his FBS coaching resume in incomplete. You don't understand that @ all. I'll try asking you this 1 more time. It'll be a waste of time because I've asked you before & you refuse to answer. Why is every other CFB coach judged by their resume (conference crowns, multiple big time bowls W's & Natty's) but you always give Jimmy Jam a free pass about all of those things?
Cause...... :harbaugh::fap:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, he has had exactly one season in CFB where he had a team of his own recruits? That will happen when instead of coaching, Harbaugh played in the NFL for 14 years.

And as I've said 1000 times -- if you are basing a ranking on a coaches career resume. He isn't even in the top anything. He has only coached 6 years in CFB in the FBS and 4 was completely rebuilding a P5 from the ground up and 2 has been at UM, who was a disaster for the better part of a decade.

If you are talking about the top FOOTBALL coaches in CFB right now and their actual career resumes. He is without a doubt one of the top 5. Not only for turning Stanford into a national power, but turning SD from 1-11 to 11-1 in two years. From SF going from 6-10 to 13-3 in his first year. To his years with Oakland as their QB coach.

You can continue to say -- the NFL doesn't matter, but it is part of his resume. If anything, it speaks volumes to his coaching ability as he was successful without all the advantages the top programs in CFB have. You got to see how fast Saban jumped ship -- he knew he'd just be a middle of the road coach in the NFL and immediately went back to where he could use his strength (recruiting). And the other top CFB coach near Saban is Meyer and he will never step foot in the NFL as his gimmick offense would never work and no team is going to pay a QB to run all the time with a 20 million dollar a year contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, he has had exactly one season in CFB where he had a team of his own recruits? That will happen when instead of coaching, Harbaugh played in the NFL for 14 years.

And as I've said 1000 times -- if you are basing a ranking on a coaches career resume. He isn't even in the top anything. He has only coached 6 years in CFB in the FBS and 4 was completely rebuilding a P5 from the ground up and 2 has been at UM, who was a disaster for the better part of a decade.

If you are talking about the top FOOTBALL coaches in CFB right now and their actual career resumes. He is without a doubt one of the top 5. Not only for turning Stanford into a national power, but turning SD from 1-11 to 11-1 in two years. From SF going from 6-10 to 13-3 in his first year. To his years with Oakland as their QB coach.

You can continue to say -- the NFL doesn't matter, but it is part of his resume. If anything, it speaks volumes to his coaching ability as he was successful without all the advantages the top programs in CFB have. You got to see how fast Saban jumped ship -- he knew he'd just be a middle of the road coach in the NFL and immediately went back to where he could use his strength (recruiting). And the other top CFB coach near Saban is Meyer and he will never step foot in the NFL as his gimmick offense would never work and no team is going to pay a QB to run all the time with a 20 million dollar a year contract.

Always w/ the NFL stuff to validate what he's done in COLLEGE FOOTBALL. You really don't understand that the NFL & CFB aren't the same. And of course you'd say he's a top 5 CFB w/ such an incomplete coaching resume because you're a maze 'n blew homer. You swing on Jimmy Jam's junk like Tarzan on a vine. Two thing you said that really caught my attention...

"if you are basing a ranking on a coaches career resume. He isn't even in the top anything."

"if you're talking about the top FOOTBALL coaches in CFB right now & their actual career resume. He is w/o a doubt top 5.

:L...:crazy:...:L...:crazy:...:L

imagesU08R8IKC.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always w/ the NFL stuff to validate what he's done in COLLEGE FOOTBALL. You really don't understand that the NFL & CFB aren't the same. And of course you'd say he's a top 5 CFB w/ such an incomplete coaching resume because you're a maze 'n blew homer. You swing on Jimmy Jam's junk like Tarzan on a vine. Two thing you said that really caught my attention...

"if you are basing a ranking on a coaches career resume. He isn't even in the top anything."

"if you're talking about the top FOOTBALL coaches in CFB right now & their actual career resume. He is w/o a doubt top 5.

:L...:crazy:...:L...:crazy:...:L

View attachment 157040

You do realize there is a difference between a career and present day, right? Resume is what you've achieved over your career -- it'd be like saying Joe Paterno was the best coach in college football even when he was 100 years old coaching PSU.

The only comment I've made about Harbaugh is he is one of the top 5 coaches in CFB RIGHT NOW. You are the one who started up on career resumes and his being incomplete.

Using your logic -- Texas should fire Tom Harmon and hire Les Miles because Les Miles is a much better football coach because he has a 'complete resume', while Tom Harmon has done nothing. :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize there is a difference between a career and present day, right? Resume is what you've achieved over your career -- it'd be like saying Joe Paterno was the best coach in college football even when he was 100 years old coaching PSU.

The only comment I've made about Harbaugh is he is one of the top 5 coaches in CFB RIGHT NOW. You are the one who started up on career resumes and his being incomplete.

Using your logic -- Texas should fire Tom Harmon and hire Les Miles because Les Miles is a much better football coach because he has a 'complete resume', while Tom Harmon has done nothing. :pound:

giphy.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the hell is Tom Harmon? Did you mix up Texas HC Tom Herman w/ 1940 UofM Heisman winner Tom Harmon?:L And use your own logic. Only you could come up w/ something as stupid like you said about Herman & Miles. It's funny how you'll stop @ nothing to prove Jimmy Jam's greatness.

Do you refuse to acknowledge something you said in this thread? How crazy are you? Read my # 351 again. I quoted you as saying if judging a HC by current resume he's not top anything. Then you turned around & in that same comment (#350) you said he's top 5 w/o a doubt. Maybe you should stop digging yourself into a deeper hole & just say you're a Jimmy Jam homer & you'll stop @ nothing to kiss his ass. We already know that anyway but clarification wouldn't be a bad idea.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Tom Harmon? Did you mix up Texas HC Tom Herman w/ 1940 UofM Heisman winner Tom Harmon?:L And use your own logic. Only you could come up w/ something as stupid like you said about Herman & Miles. It's funny how you'll stop @ nothing to prove Jimmy Jam's greatness.

Do you refuse to acknowledge something you said in this thread? How crazy are you? Read my # 351 again. I quoted you as saying if judging a HC by current resume he's not top anything. Then you turned around & in that same comment (#350) you said he's top 5 w/o a doubt. Maybe you should stop digging yourself into a deeper hole & just say you're a Jimmy Jam homer & you'll stop @ nothing to kiss his ass. We already know that anyway but clarification wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yes. I said he is a top 5 coach RIGHT NOW. Present day. A resume is for career accomplishments.

There is a huge difference between a resume and present day. I will make it simple -- Which coach would you rather have Tom Herman (no idea why it autocorrected to Harmon, I must have used the name before) or Les Miles?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I said he is a top 5 coach RIGHT NOW. Present day. A resume is for career accomplishments.

There is a huge difference between a resume and present day. I will make it simple -- Which coach would you rather have Tom Herman (no idea why it autocorrected to Harmon, I must have used the name before) or Les Miles?

So where in the top 5 do you have him...# 1, #1 or #1? You wouldn't/couldn't/can't put him lower than 3rd. Is Jimmy Jam a better CFB coach RIGHT NOW (just like you just said) than Sweeney? Remember Sweeney now has conference crowns & a Natty. And JH has a mental disorder.

And to answer your question I'm gonna go w/ Urban Meyer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where in the top 5 do you have him...# 1, #1 or #1? You wouldn't/couldn't/can't put him lower than 3rd. Is Jimmy Jam a better CFB coach RIGHT NOW (just like you just said) than Sweeney? Remember Sweeney now has conference crowns & a Natty. And JH has a mental disorder.

And to answer your question I'm gonna go w/ Urban Meyer.

That is pretty much what I expected as a response, because you know the real answer debunks your complete resume theory.

And we've went over this already for my top 5 -- 1a and 1b is Saban and Meyer. 3-10 are basically interchangeable. My 3-10, in no order, would be Harbaugh, Chris Petersen, Dantonio, Dabo, Petrino, Patterson, Shaw, Stoops.

If I had to do 3-5 based on coaching ability:
3. Harbaugh
4. Petersen
5. Dantonio

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in this fight but. If every every coach was available and the top schools had to hire the best coach possible and they put together a wish list . Saban , Meyer,Jimbo prob Peterson would be taken first but I dont see Harbaugh lasting longer than maybe sixth. Shaw, Dantoni maybe ahead of him but I cant think of another. Franklin would be high but behind all of these