• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your pick for the four playoff teams?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is a national brand and blue blood program. They are one of the best public universities in the US for academics.

They also spend about 50 million more a year on football than MSU. Have the largest football stadium in CFB. And some of the best football facilities in CFB, which includes 100,000+ square foot practice facility. Hell, they just approved $25 million to build a new 32,000 square foot weight room.

There is a reason why MSU has had the success they did and it barely changed their recruiting. There is a reason, Brady Freaking Hoke can bring in top 10 recruiting classes while getting fired in 4 years at UM.
So Saban is not a brand all into himself now? He would bring in a top 10 class to Rutgers year one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saban is not a brand all into himself now? He would bring in a top 10 class to Rutgers year one.

I have no doubt he could probably do so at Rutgers. They have a ton of in state talent. New Jersey is where UM got Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Kareem Walker and 8 or 9 others the last few years.

What you fail to realize is -- there is a HUGE difference between a top 10 class and the #1 recruiting class.

It amazes me this has to be explained to CFB fans. It is quite simple -- the top recruiting classes almost always go to the schools LOCATED in the top recruiting states. The few exceptions are the Blue Blood schools like Oklahoma, Michigan and Nebraska.

Do you think LSU's new HC,who in his only other HC job, at Ole Miss finished with two wins against teams with a winning record and an offense ranked at the bottom of the NCAA, is recruiting savant? Or is it because he is HC in a talent rich state where they are the only major D-1 program?

What about Georgia? Do they have a top 3 class because Kirby Smart led them to an 8-5 record in his only year as a HC? OR is it because Georgia is a talent rich state and Georgia is the top D-1 program there?

Should I keep going? I can do USC too if you'd like.

There is a reason Saban left MSU in the first place. As much as people would like to think you could put a coach anywhere and recruits will follow. You are kidding yourself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt he could probably do so at Rutgers. They have a ton of in state talent. New Jersey is where UM got Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Kareem Walker and 8 or 9 others the last few years.

What you fail to realize is -- there is a HUGE difference between a top 10 class and the #1 recruiting class.

It amazes me this has to be explained to CFB fans. It is quite simple -- the top recruiting classes almost always go to the schools LOCATED in the top recruiting states. The few exceptions are the Blue Blood schools like Oklahoma, Michigan and Nebraska.

Do you think LSU's new HC,who in his only other HC job, at Ole Miss finished with two wins against teams with a winning record and an offense ranked at the bottom of the NCAA, is recruiting savant? Or is it because he is HC in a talent rich state where they are the only major D-1 program?

What about Georgia? Do they have a top 3 class because Kirby Smart led them to an 8-5 record in his only year as a HC? OR is it because Georgia is a talent rich state and Georgia is the top D-1 program there?

There is a reason Saban left MSU in the first place. As much as people would like to think you could put a coach anywhere and recruits will follow. You are kidding yourself.
He left because Michigan State they wouldn't make him a top 5 paid coach after one decent season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He actually is a good recruiter. In his two full recruiting cycles at Ole Miss he finished in the top 20 both times. I certainly won't be surprised by him recruiting at a top 5 level at LSU. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him fail with those good recruits because I'm not sure how good of a coach he is. But he's a good recruiter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me this has to be explained to CFB fans.

Should I keep going?

If I agree w/ all of your nonstop & never ending bullshit will you shut up?

Should you keep going? No.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left because Michigan State they wouldn't make him a top 5 paid coach after one decent season.
Well that was narrow minded of MSU. One decent season anywhere should bolt any coach into the top 5. After all, Michigan is paying khaki pants a ton and he hasn't won a P5 conference championship in his career.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was narrow minded of MSU. One decent season anywhere should bolt any coach into the top 5. After all, Michigan is paying khaki pants a ton and he hasn't won a P5 conference championship in his career.
Well Saban did finish third in the conference that season, so you are swaying me to the Michigan State should have over paid him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually is a good recruiter. In his two full recruiting cycles at Ole Miss he finished in the top 20 both times. I certainly won't be surprised by him recruiting at a top 5 level at LSU. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him fail with those good recruits because I'm not sure how good of a coach he is. But he's a good recruiter.

And that only proves my point even further -- a first time HC gets a job in SEC country and is able to pull in a top 20 recruiting class.

Dantonio was winning conference titles and getting to the CFP -- his best class. One time with a top 20 class.

As they say in business. Location, location, location. Unless you are one of the blue bloods with a national brand. You aren't coming near a #1 recruiting class, ESPECIALLY in a state that is cold half the year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Saban did finish third in the conference that season, so you are swaying me to the Michigan State should have over paid him.

Nah. You made the right call. Saban could never do what Dantonio has been able to.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that only proves my point even further -- a first time HC gets a job in SEC country and is able to pull in a top 20 recruiting class.

Dantonio was winning conference titles and getting to the CFP -- his best class. One time with a top 20 class.

As they say in business. Location, location, location. Unless you are one of the blue bloods with a national brand. You aren't coming near a #1 recruiting class, ESPECIALLY in a state that is cold half the year.

Mississippi isn't exactly Texas, Florida or Cali when it comes to in state talent.

I never said Saban would get the #1 class at MSU, but it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that he would be able to consistently get top 10/15 classes at MSU. Guess what class ranking MSU had in 2000? They finished at #8, and even though Saban left before the bowl game, he laid the ground work for that top 10 class.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic because you are paying Harbaugh to be the third place coach in the division.

Hell. If Saban wanted top 5 money for winning 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 games. UM is getting a bargain with Harbaugh. He has won 10 and 10 his first 2 years. :yes:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi isn't exactly Texas, Florida or Cali when it comes to in state talent.

I never said Saban would get the #1 class at MSU, but it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that he would be able to consistently get top 10/15 classes at MSU. Guess what class ranking MSU had in 2000? They finished at #8, and even though Saban left before the bowl game, he laid the ground work for that top 10 class.

What Mississippi is though........located in SEC country. At one point, the SEC West alone -- had more top 100 recruits than the entire Big 12 and PAC 12 COMBINED.

And you wouldn't hear me argue Saban couldnt get a top 10-15 class and the occasional class inside the top 10. I think that is about right. He wouldn't have a chance in hell of a #1 recruiting class and it be extremely difficult to get in the top 5. The state of Michigan just does not have the quality of recruits consistently to pull in a class like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell. If Saban wanted top 5 money for winning 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 games. UM is getting a bargain with Harbaugh. He has won 10 and 10 his first 2 years. :yes:

It's kind of amazing that Jimmy Jam won 10 games his 1st year in ann arbor since you were saying Hoke couldn't recruit good talent. And what's his record against Ohio State?:noidea:

Jimmy Jam has as many W's over the Buckeyes as he has conference crowns.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Orgeron has always been known as a good recruiter.

I think he's going to fail as well.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me this has to be explained to CFB fans. It is quite simple -- the top recruiting classes almost always go to the schools LOCATED in the top recruiting states. The few exceptions are the Blue Blood schools like Oklahoma, Michigan and Nebraska .

:spit: Proving daily you don't know shit about recruiting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit: Proving daily you don't know shit about recruiting.

The state of Nebraska makes the state of Michigan look like a talent rich state. They rank in between Delaware and New Mexico for producing blue chip recruits. They have had 2 instate recruits in the past 5 years (0 in the last three years), given a 4 star rating. Yet, because they are a blue blood, they are able to pull in top 25 classes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of amazing that Jimmy Jam won 10 games his 1st year in ann arbor since you were saying Hoke couldn't recruit good talent. And what's his record against Ohio State?:noidea:

Jimmy Jam has as many W's over the Buckeyes as he has conference crowns.

I see you haven't stopped making up stories. I said Hoke left UM with no QB and couldn't develop talent.

It is your story though.

And we've went over this already. Jimmy Jam has won conferences crowns. 2 at San Diego, 2 more division titles at SF and a NFC title.

As for OSU's "win" last year over UM. Thank the refs (and Wilton Speight) Karma is a bitch though and it was worth getting to watch OSU get embarrassed 31-0 in the CFP they didn't belong in.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The state of Nebraska makes the state of Michigan look like a talent rich state. They rank in between Delaware and New Mexico for producing blue chip recruits. They have had 2 instate recruits in the past 5 years (0 in the last three years), given a 4 star rating. Yet, because they are a blue blood, they are able to pull in top 25 classes.
Yep. Averaged 27th best over the past decade. Thank goodness for the 2011 class (16th) or it would have been worse.

They do a good job of developing players though. I will say that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you haven't stopped making up stories. I said Hoke left UM with no QB and couldn't develop talent.

It is your story though.

And we've went over this already. Jimmy Jam has won conferences crowns. 2 at San Diego, 2 more division titles at SF and a NFC title.

As for OSU's "win" last year over UM. Thank the refs (and Wilton Speight) Karma is a bitch though and it was worth getting to watch OSU get embarrassed 31-0 in the CFP they didn't belong in.

Nothing but excuse after excuse w/ you. And I haven't made anything up. I've just repeated some of the bullshit you've said in the past. And keep :bawling:over last years game while ignoring the fact Yer Boyz had plenty of opportunities to take care of business & didn't + they turned the ball over 3x in the game. None of that matter though right? And congrats on your moral victory during last years Playoff. I even said before it started the Buckeyes had no business there. How did Jimmy Jam's Crew do in their bowl game again?

And you're beyond pathetic. The only way you can validate Jimmy Jam's FBS coaching career is bring up stuff he did on the FCS level & in the NFL. Neither of those have anything to do w/ FBS football. So I'll ask you yet again...what has he won on the FBS level?

Hey remember when you were saying a week or 2 ago that Jimmy Jam won 2 conference crowns in the NFL?:pound:
You are more full of shit than a clogged toilet.