• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's ready for regular fishing season?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring Turkey opens up tomorrow, I won't start fishing till I have a gobbler down.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 days until my next trip to Florida. Usually in May there are plenty of mullet in the bay/river so I'll use my cast net to get some as bait. The black tip sharks love them some mullet. Caught a 38 inch snook off the seawall at my place with a finger mullet in November on my last trip.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're an awesome bait. I have a few and treat them like family jewels. I only have the jerk baits and they catch fish.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. will you fish out of that or is that for river rafting?
Both.

More fishing than the other. Let me put is this way, I will go still if there are no big rapids, but I won't go if there is no fishing.

Nothing I hate seeing more than recreational rafters with not a single pole in the boat. Drives me crazy. It's so much work to get out there....yer gonna do all that and not bring a rod?

I gotta go get the frame myself, tWife didn't dare get that part without my consent. She did awesome on the raft tho. Pretty much the best all around raft that NRS offers.

The raft I currently own is prolly 50 years old...not a self-bailer, and a bit smaller. I paid 200 bucks foor it a decade ago, and prolly done a couple hundred floats in it, so it has more than earned its keep, but with my daughter getting old enough to go, I needed an upgrade. My old raft just isn't safe enough for the little ones.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly look something like this, with the frame..
53078477_463966_full.jpg

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both.

More fishing than the other. Let me put is this way, I will go still if there are no big rapids, but I won't go if there is no fishing.

Nothing I hate seeing more than recreational rafters with not a single pole in the boat. Drives me crazy. It's so much work to get out there....yer gonna do all that and not bring a rod?

I gotta go get the frame myself, tWife didn't dare get that part without my consent. She did awesome on the raft tho. Pretty much the best all around raft that NRS offers.

The raft I currently own is prolly 50 years old...not a self-bailer, and a bit smaller. I paid 200 bucks foor it a decade ago, and prolly done a couple hundred floats in it, so it has more than earned its keep, but with my daughter getting old enough to go, I needed an upgrade. My old raft just isn't safe enough for the little ones.

that's awesome, BD. I know you live in a great area for trout.....is that what you target in those rivers? Do you pick up down river or do you go back up river? the reason I ask, is because I was fishing the Missouri near Helena one summer and all these wooden boats would go by and the an hour later they were paddling up river. Isn't that a lot of work.....going upstream?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's awesome, BD. I know you live in a great area for trout.....is that what you target in those rivers? Do you pick up down river or do you go back up river? the reason I ask, is because I was fishing the Missouri near Helena one summer and all these wooden boats would go by and the an hour later they were paddling up river. Isn't that a lot of work.....going upstream?

They prolly got electric motors. Most the rivers here allow it. The Missouri is pretty flat, so maybe a team could go back up river? I up-row if a I wanna hold a spot for a bit, or maybe to try and retrieve a lure er some shit stuck in the trees er what have you, but other than that its just down river. We just leave a vehicle at the takeout.

Trout is mostly what I'm pursuing, but will get into some big Whitefish as well. Massive fucking bull trout in there too.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time justifying purchasing those live target baits. They look cool but they're like $15-$20 and I haven't seen them do anything drastically different than other crankbaits (of which you can buy like 3-4 for the same price). My preference would be to get 3-4 vastly different colors of a standard crankbait than just 1 live target.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time justifying purchasing those live target baits. They look cool but they're like $15-$20 and I haven't seen them do anything drastically different than other crankbaits (of which you can buy like 3-4 for the same price). My preference would be to get 3-4 vastly different colors of a standard crankbait than just 1 live target.

You're smarter than me. I'm a sucker for cool looking crankbaits. But in all honestly, I catch the most fish with a plain white crankbait with black stripe down back.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wanting to build my own work bench in my garage for all of my fishing gear. Anybody have ideas or suggestions of what I must have or what works best? I'm thinking of a long table, maybe 6-8 feet long with a pegboard to hang stuff. Similar to this.

gallery_25379_89_46468.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're smarter than me. I'm a sucker for cool looking crankbaits. But in all honestly, I catch the most fish with a plain white crankbait with black stripe down back.
Same here -- best lures I have are white/silver with maybe a black stripe down the back. Most of the other stuff I get is for situations where the white color just isn't working and I'm looking to find something else that is.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wanting to build my own work bench in my garage for all of my fishing gear. Anybody have ideas or suggestions of what I must have or what works best? I'm thinking of a long table, maybe 6-8 feet long with a pegboard to hang stuff. Similar to this.

View attachment 111217

The setup in that pic looks good. Table would be useful, too.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here -- best lures I have are white/silver with maybe a black stripe down the back. Most of the other stuff I get is for situations where the white color just isn't working and I'm looking to find something else that is.

I have one crankbait, that when wet....the eyes illuminate red once every 5 seconds or so.

I've caught one Tilapia with it and it wasn't by choice. lol

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 111217
I think individual shelves within a shelf box would be best for actual tackle boxes. I can't find exactly what I'm talking about but the image in the lower right kind of fits:
shelf_divider.jpg

That way you wouldn't have to remove the entire shelf to get one off the bottom or out of the middle. And you could really easily organize sections. I also think the peg board is a must if you have a bunch of soft baits like in your picture.