• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's gonna be the best?

Who will succeed most?

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much A limb Ive seen A lot of Goff with Cal. The best example I can give is the Cal/Utah game. With Cal trailing he had several opportunities to take over the game. Made awful choices that led to either picks off of bad reads or turnovers on downs. Missing open receivers and killing clock. Struggled under pressure and managed the clock poorly. Goff had 4-5 drives where he could have won that game and buckled. If you watch the second half of that game it brings up A lot of questions. When Goff is on he's on but when he's off he's a disaster. I could be wrong and I do wish him luck.But when you add what the Rams gave up to acquire him and it really has that first pick bust feel to it.
Clark, quoting you was an error. I meant to quote cdumler. Your statement is now way a easy to say.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark, quoting you was an error. I meant to quote cdumler. Your statement is now way a easy to say.
Im going with option 4 tho Cody Kessler. He didn't have the normal USC QB hype, And the Browns are usually the kiss of death for QBs. So I'm going reverse jinx and calling Kessler as the best when all is said and done

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not A fan of Goff Ive seen him make too many bad choices and struggle under pressure at the NCAA level. I could be wrong he may excel at the NFL level. But i'm not seeing it

Bad decisions....

28 TDs and 0 picks in the red zone

Yep, in red zone he collapses under pressure or anywhere for that matter.

The Cerebral Goff is our top-rated quarterback despite lacking a top-end arm or good hand size. His accuracy percentage while under pressure (64.7 percent) ranked second out of 70 qualifiers in 2015, as did his 12 touchdown passes while feeling a pass rush.

Man, you have a great argument there. :pound:

Last edited:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is the one guy who didn't run a pro style offense and came from a system that limited his reads, for a reason.

I think lynch will be the worst of the 3. I like wentz's makeup.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft order is probably reflective to the gap between the QB's. Lynch needs a lot of work and fine tuning with his mechanics to catch up to where Wentz and Goff are at now. Wentz and Goff have their own warts, but they'd concern me much less than say Lynch. Goff's vision in the pocket really does impress me, however. A lot of his more questionable decisions look more like overcompensating for a less than impressive Cal team to me.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is the one guy who didn't run a pro style offense and came from a system that limited his reads, for a reason.

I think lynch will be the worst of the 3. I like wentz's makeup.

Mariota came from a zone read scheme with limited reads and he seemed to do fine making the move to the NFL. Cam Newton the MVP of the league this past year came from a similar scheme.

Just because they played in it doesn't mean they did it for a reason. Actually most scouts have been talking up just how smart this kid is and how quickly he picks things up. Memphis ran the scheme they did because it was very successful with the players they had.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Lynch landed in the best situation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with option 4 tho Cody Kessler. He didn't have the normal USC QB hype, And the Browns are usually the kiss of death for QBs. So I'm going reverse jinx and calling Kessler as the best when all is said and done

The Cleveland Clowns: where NFL careers are ended just as soon as they start.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely Rick Mirer! At #2 overall it's a no miss ...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota came from a zone read scheme with limited reads and he seemed to do fine making the move to the NFL. Cam Newton the MVP of the league this past year came from a similar scheme.

Just because they played in it doesn't mean they did it for a reason. Actually most scouts have been talking up just how smart this kid is and how quickly he picks things up. Memphis ran the scheme they did because it was very successful with the players they had.
It took cam newton what, 7 years to have a decent season as a thrower? This was a make or break year for cam.
Mariota...one decent season in a scaled back playbook doesn't tell me enough.

I get leery when i see a kid confined to a system that limits what possible mistakes he can make. Says something to me about his ability to think on his feet and make critical decisions. I just don't like what little admittedly ive seen, amd all ive read.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely Rick Mirer! At #2 overall it's a no miss ...
I wanted mirer. I thought he was more prepared for the nfl. Drew was just a 20 year old kid with a cannon arm.
Glad i was wrong. Drew has an outside shot at the hof if you stack his numbers up vs other hof'ers.
2 sb trips, one ring as wally pip.
Check out his yards, td's, etc.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took cam newton what, 7 years to have a decent season as a thrower? This was a make or break year for cam.
Mariota...one decent season in a scaled back playbook doesn't tell me enough.
Mariota held the ball too long, fumbled at high rates, got hurt plenty, and threw INT's at a very mediocre clip. I don't think one can make the case he was at all good last year. Lot to tighten up in his game right now.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota held the ball too long, fumbled at high rates, got hurt plenty, and threw INT's at a very mediocre clip. I don't think one can make the case he was at all good last year. Lot to tighten up in his game right now.
Yup. I meant decent statistically. Decent numbers but they were deceiving. And the titans gave him a limited playbook too.

I still think hes gonna be a bust eventually.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted mirer. I thought he was more prepared for the nfl. Drew was just a 20 year old kid with a cannon arm.
Glad i was wrong. Drew has an outside shot at the hof if you stack his numbers up vs other hof'ers.
2 sb trips, one ring as wally pip.
Check out his yards, td's, etc.

I wanted Drew for sure... He was a local guy at Wazoo, and I watched him play a lot being from Seattle .... He was definitely the better guy ... He ended up having a decent career with you guy's ... He also stepped up vs Pitt in the AFC championship game and ended up being an important part of the 1st title you guy's got...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is probably walking into the best situation. Good team around him that really dedicated a lot to building up the run game and continuing to win on defense. Throw in the team didn't really sacrifice a ton of draft capital to get him so they have an opportunity to continue to build around him. They also have the best Cap Situation of the 3 teams moving forward. He also though is the least ready to start day 1 and is probably known more for his athletic ability than his actual QB ability compared to the other 2. Usually you would rather have those two things reversed.

He looks too much like a slower Kaep to me. I like Goff and Wentz a lot more, tough to give one the edge right now. Cardale has some serious upside as well, but probably has the furthest to go among the major QB prospects.