• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who You Watching Today ??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching the Broncos and Eagles early and hopefully the 49ers later. Word id that JG will play today.

Not much that affects the Patriots. I don't think Miami-Oakland will be that interesting.

Have a contractor friend building a bathroom in my cellar so I'll have facilities near my man cave. Wife decided that it should be a full bath and no a powder room. Macerating toilet, full 36" shower and vanity..
Amazing how quick a $2000 project can become a $6500 project. Recessed lighting, heat/light/ventilating ceiling fan and a suspended ceiling......whew......

I'll b spending a lot of time handing him a nail or a wrench....maybe a beer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be watching the Broncos and Eagles early and hopefully the 49ers later. Word id that JG will play today.

Not much that affects the Patriots. I don't think Miami-Oakland will be that interesting.

Have a contractor friend building a bathroom in my cellar so I'll have facilities near my man cave. Wife decided that it should be a full bath and no a powder room. Macerating toilet, full 36" shower and vanity..
Amazing how quick a $2000 project can become a $6500 project. Recessed lighting, heat/light/ventilating ceiling fan and a suspended ceiling......whew......

I'll b spending a lot of time handing him a nail or a wrench....maybe a beer.

What? are you going to watch the game from the bathtub?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the Eagles spank the Broncos.

The Pats oline better be ready next Sunday night.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodell-kraft-punch.gif

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? are you going to watch the game from the bathtub?

No bath tub, just a stand up shower.

My cable fritzed at 2:30. No TV in the house at all. They spent 45 minutes trying to reboot it. I told them that the amplifier is out. Some one will be here Wednesday by 10 AM. I told them Direct TV might be here sooner.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd fill in some info here about the Boston Media and where most Boston sports rumors and information is reported. This market is changing and has become extremely competitive. Rumors are quickly becoming news and it's like CNN and FOX with politics.

I know a lot you don't care, but this where I get "ALL" of the information I post in this message board.

Newspapers:
Boston Hearld...Politically to the middle and moving to the right. Have some of the best sports beat writers in the area.

Boston Globe...Politically to the extreme left. Their beat writers are getting very old and have pretty much become columnists. This newspaper was purchased by John Henry the Red Sox owner about two years ago. This paper no longer asks difficult questions as far as the Red Sox are concerned.

Radio:
WEEI and WBZ (98.5 The Sports Hub) are now owned by the corporation. There is a shake up going on and one of the two (probably WEEI) will be sold again before summer. WEEI Morning Drive show with Jerry Callahan (Boston Herald) and Kirk Minahane has been rated the #1 Morning Drive show in the United States for the past 6 months. WEEI has been nothing but sports for the past 15 years and they constant break every rumor or factual story. WBZ has been around since the 40's and 98.5 became the sports arm about 8 years ago and grabbed a ton of listeners and ratings. WBZ has been connected to NBC since the 40's.

Television:

Boston has all of their own national network affiliations....ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX.

Sports Television:

NESN.....Owned and operated by John Henry. He bought this station when he bought the Red Sox. It was only broadcasting from February until October during the baseball season. Some nationally know sportscasters got their start with the original NESN which was WHDH way back. Some famous rookies were Curt Gowdy who was the first Boston TV sportscaster and he evenyually moved to NBC. Shaun McDonough did the Red Sox for 10 years and then moved to ESPN. His father was legendary sportswriter Wil McDonough who won numerous newspaper awards including the Pulitzer. He was also the originator of the National Sunday baseball column that personalized players and was immediately adopted by nearly every newspaper in the country.

CSNNE....Comcast Sports Network New England....is no more. This was purchased by NBC this past August and is now NBCBS. NBC Sports Boston. Their coverage has been upgraded and they have hired a lot of really top notch sports people to cover every major sports organization in the Boston area. Since it's owned by NBC they also have access to all of the NBC stations and personnel nationwide.

This nugget has nothing to do with the Patriots but is now dominating the evening shows.

"Boston Celtics are in talks with the New Orleans Pelican about a trade for Anthony Davis. The main piece of the trade from Boston is ROY candidate Jason Tatum." By Christmas Day this will be a big deal nationwide.