• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who you want tonight.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we have to see how it plays out, I probably would have gone with King but I was wrong last year on Ramsey so who knows

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the minority but I hate this pick !

Taco is a terrible pick his motor is questionable

he is a Jag player

really disappointed in the pick

damn this sucks Shante Carver all over IMHO
Taco gonna eat.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is a Jag player

I woulda preferred King, but I'm not going to shit on the pick
4.39 shuttle ain't bad

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is a Jag player

I don't see any resemblance to carver. I watched several of tacos games. Very disruptive in the running and passing game. Very instinctive and elite vision. Long arms and plays with good technique. As far as the motor goes I think marinelli will get the most out of him. I never expected him to be there at 28. Looking forward to seeing him and Irving beating up qb's and with any luck a few will go down and need assistance to get off

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where does King come off the board now? Likely the 1st CB taken in the 2nd. Do the Boys have a chance to trade up and get him, if he is a guy they eyed or do they take a chance and see if Tankersley or Tabor may be there at 60? Maybe the most talented DB on the board at any position?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is a Jag player

I am not going down the Shante hole but I am not crazy about the pick either. Could be that the guy I wanted was still there and now he is a steeler. :noidea:

I do have faith that the guys upstairs are better at evaluating and grading.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how bad Foster's shoulder is. I thought we may grab him after he started dropping.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I honestly hope I am wrong and Rod pulls out the best in him. I apologize if I offended anybody lets see what the Draft brings us tonight we still have 6 more picks and some really good players are still on the board.

Go Cowboys

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it Tankersly is looking real good. But he's got to fall a long ways. Doubt King or Budda fall that far.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the colorado cb in round 2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I honestly hope I am wrong and Rod pulls out the best in him. I apologize if I offended anybody lets see what the Draft brings us tonight we still have 6 more picks and some really good players are still on the board.

Go Cowboys
Nothing to apologize for. No one knows if this will be a great pick or a shitty pick. We all have our own opinions and we are all entitled to change them at any time as well:suds:

Personally I am very happy with the pick. There are other names I might have preferred more and I have some questions about Taco, but I'm very glad we ended up with a pass rusher. I wasn't sure how to take Stephen's comment about we took him because we thought we could get a DB later. While I totally agree that is true, I wonder if that means we passed on a higher rated player at a position of almost as big a need as DE and forced this pick.

Man will I be happy if we end up with a CB and safety with our next two picks and another defensive player late. Throw in an OL and maybe a WR and I'll be giddy...

Go Cowboys is right!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know knee jerk grades mean nothing, but I did like reading this one:

28. Taco Charlton, DE Michigan — Dallas Cowboys
GRADE: A-
Analysis: Dallas will still need to add to its secondary but they couldn’t pass on an edge rusher as talented as Charlton. This is both a great value pick and it fills a need. The Michigan product has the speed, power and length to develop into a Pro Bowl defensive end.

HTlGHIUqkXa5ZZYS.jpg

https://twitter.com/JamesALight

Taco Charlton had dominant film versus Ohio State. At times he was unblockable

11:28 PM - 27 Apr 2017
Grading all 32 first-round picks in the 2017 NFL draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hearing he takes plays off, but IMO you hear that about a lot of players in the draft and many tyrn out fine in the NFL, add in Dallas likes to rotate DLmen I don't think this is an issue. I'd prefer White but I'm happy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Cowboys

Don't think you offended anyone at all. Truth be told, most of us know that these things have to unfold and you don't really know what you have in a player until he hits the field with the pro talent. There are always guys that could wind up a bust or a pro bowler from just about any round. I would say most Boys fans on here are being optimists at this point, and we shall see

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Taco, he got better during the year in 2016. If you watch the bowl game and Ohio State games, he looks like an edge guy playing DE. Earlier in the season, he looked like an interior guy playing DE. This isn't a bad pick. He looks better as a prospect than D.Law did. Now lets go get some Dbackfield talent!

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Taco, he got better during the year in 2016. If you watch the bowl game and Ohio State games, he looks like an edge guy playing DE. Earlier in the season, he looked like an interior guy playing DE. This isn't a bad pick. He looks better as a prospect than D.Law did. Now lets go get some Dbackfield talent!

In Coach Rod I trust. Looking forward to the next few rounds.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen
3 additions here would be great
Several quality corners for our round two selection....still like the BC safety in round three
went and watched some clips of Johnson and he looks like a excellent player
my "pet cats" as Parcells used to say are evans and wood I really hope the Boys pick up 1 of them lots of excitement still ahead for rounds 2-3 then to the 4-7 where your scouting dept earns their money and the UDFA that are available lots of talent still to pick from

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So When Stephens is quoted right after the draft saying:

"the draft sets up even better for us to get a really nice corner in the bottom of the second"

does it make another team leapfrog us to take a corner if there is one obvious one left as we are getting close to making our next pick? And do we force the pick even if a player we love isn't there?

Gong to be interesting. I hope we aren't only looking at corner with blinders on and I hope when he says corner he really means DB because a safety could pretty easily step in as a day 1 starter for this team.