• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who you want tonight.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this draft overall Don't know much about Ivie or carrell But the rest is really solid IMHO

Now go snatch some UDFA's that will shine also

Go Cowboys

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st three and Woods look like instant starters/major contributors, the rest I'm not sure about. The Beasly lite kid could easily win the return job and be a better cheaper option. The two DTs look like future projects, I dont expect much out of them in 17.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this draft overall Don't know much about Ivie or carrell But the rest is really solid IMHO

Now go snatch some UDFA's that will shine also

Go Cowboys
:agree:They are always one of the best at that

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st three and Woods look like instant starters/major contributors, the rest I'm not sure about. The Beasly lite kid could easily win the return job and be a better cheaper option. The two DTs look like future projects, I don't expect much out of them in 17.
I really wanted Woods and thought we were grabbing him in the 4th. So Getting Woods anyway makes me like the WR pick more too. If he is a faster Beasley he could run some of those patterns some of us wanted more from Harris a few years ago and Lucky the last couple. He also has a RB background. Wonder if that comes into play at all on 3rd downs? Maybe 2 or 3 snaps a game...Hopefully Butler grows into a better player this year and becomes the outside compliment to Dez and TWill. I still love TWill on early downs because of his blocking too.

Maybe we get a starting DE, CB (one of the two) and safety out of this group? Then we still have another early corner to fight for PT or even a job in the nickel or every down. Key is just that they contribute. I don't care if they start or not but I think a few of these guys have a real opportunity to get a lot of snaps.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Woods and thought we were grabbing him in the 4th. So Getting Woods anyway makes me like the WR pick more too. If he is a faster Beasley he could run some of those patterns some of us wanted more from Harris a few years ago and Lucky the last couple. He also has a RB background. Wonder if that comes into play at all on 3rd downs? Maybe 2 or 3 snaps a game...Hopefully Butler grows into a better player this year and becomes the outside compliment to Dez and TWill. I still love TWill on early downs because of his blocking too.

Maybe we get a starting DE, CB (one of the two) and safety out of this group? Then we still have another early corner to fight for PT or even a job in the nickel or every down. Key is just that they contribute. I don't care if they start or not but I think a few of these guys have a real opportunity to get a lot of snaps.
I think Lucky Whiteheads walk-up call came today. I also expect the Cowboys to sign 4-5 FA's mid May, not Sheldon Richardson, but guys with a chance to make the team

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lucky Whiteheads walk-up call came today. I also expect the Cowboys to sign 4-5 FA's mid May, not Sheldon Richardson, but guys with a chance to make the team

In the business of getting better, he seemed like a weak link. I don't hate on him or anything but I am glad we have another option.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey ivey sounds like nick hayden

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal starting 11?
The only question on starting offense is whether Green or Bell can hold down RT, or if Collins will go outside if Cooper comes on strong.
On Defense, I don't know if we have a GREAT 11, but we now have a pretty damn good 18-19, which is how Rod like to play it. Some interesting battles...
DE- Charlton, Irving, Tapper, Lawrence, Mayowa....that's five talented ends, even without the junkie
DT-Collins, Crawford, Paea, Collins and Ivie....4 pretty decent DT's
LB-Lee, JSmith, Hitchens, Wilson, Wilber....either pretty good because of Lee or real good if Smith is healthy
CB-Brown, Scandrick, Carroll, Awuzie, Lewis, White...it was fun just typing that
S-Jones, Woods, Heath, Frazier...If the club spends money on a FA before camp, this would still be a good spot

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only question on starting offense is whether Green or Bell can hold down RT, or if Collins will go outside if Cooper comes on strong.
On Defense, I don't know if we have a GREAT 11, but we now have a pretty damn good 18-19, which is how Rod like to play it. Some interesting battles...
DE- Charlton, Irving, Tapper, Lawrence, Mayowa....that's five talented ends, even without the junkie
DT-Collins, Crawford, Paea, Collins and Ivie....4 pretty decent DT's
LB-Lee, JSmith, Hitchens, Wilson, Wilber....either pretty good because of Lee or real good if Smith is healthy
CB-Brown, Scandrick, Carroll, Awuzie, Lewis, White...it was fun just typing that
S-Jones, Woods, Heath, Frazier...If the club spends money on a FA before camp, this would still be a good spot

Bell will be a bridge IMHO I have no faith in Green
Cooper is a crap shoot He has the talent we need a Swing Tackle and guard backup

LB's need help of which we did not draft any this year but I hope McClay has a rabbit up his sleeve for some bridge players for the group again or maybe a UDFA

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell will be a bridge IMHO I have no faith in Green
Cooper is a crap shoot He has the talent we need a Swing Tackle and guard backup

LB's need help of which we did not draft any this year but I hope McClay has a rabbit up his sleeve for some bridge players for the group again or maybe a UDFA
I saw we signed 3-4 LB's as UDFA's. I heard somewhere, that the next round of FA signings will fall around mid May..something to do with how their contracts are affected in relation to the June cap cut dates...but that's when a lot of the FA's still on the street are supposed to be gobbled up. Then there's always the pricey vet's that are released following the draft when teams see what they have...It's very possible the Cowboys can find a starting caliber RT or defender before camp

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw we signed 3-4 LB's as UDFA's. I heard somewhere, that the next round of FA signings will fall around mid May..something to do with how their contracts are affected in relation to the June cap cut dates...but that's when a lot of the FA's still on the street are supposed to be gobbled up. Then there's always the pricey vet's that are released following the draft when teams see what they have...It's very possible the Cowboys can find a starting caliber RT or defender before camp

I wouldn't mind going out to get another O Lineman but I think we have our starting 5. Coach Frank can figure this out. We still have Bell and he is a tackle, not sure what gas he has in tank but he has only been in league for 7 years and 28 years old.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that we might add a vet. This was one of the reason the Witten restructure was done

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have more than enough cap room post 6/1 for any signings. I would think that is when we may see anything substantial if it occurs. Small vet near minimum types could happen at any time. If there are any big signings in our future I think it would likely be after cuts. For instance let's say Green doesn't look good and Bell doesn't look like the answer. Good chance a T who is seen as overpaid by his team or gets beat out will be cut or maybe if some of our draft picks don't pan out or just if injury strikes we need to sure something up.

I think we are in a great position to see what we have, ride it out for a while and then figure out what we still need or could use.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft we had this year, I think we will finally see the Cover 2 defense the way it's meant to be played. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with losing almost the entire secondary to free agency, but the more I read up on the guys we brought in after this draft, the more I'm convinced that these are actually Cover 2 type corners/safeties and that this defense could improve. I think Church, JJ, Mo, and Carr were all out of their element in this defense. They made it work for the most part, but those were not true Cover 2 guys.

Cover 2 defenses are built to force turnovers. Forcing turnovers are probably the single biggest thing needed to go deep in the p We didn't have the right players for it in the secondary. Not the right LB core either but JSmith can change that if he's 100%. Way too many dropped interceptions and not enough ball hawks. I think Marinelli finally has the Cover 2 defense he(and even Monte Kiffin to a degree) envisioned when they came to Dallas. These guys we drafted seem to be ball hawks and can play zones well. This could be a very dangerous defense this year if this draft class has any kind of impact similar to last year's draft class. Knock on wood for reasonable health.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft we had this year, I think we will finally see the Cover 2 defense the way it's meant to be played. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with losing almost the entire secondary to free agency, but the more I read up on the guys we brought in after this draft, the more I'm convinced that these are actually Cover 2 type corners/safeties and that this defense could improve. I think Church, JJ, Mo, and Carr were all out of their element in this defense. They made it work for the most part, but those were not true Cover 2 guys.

Cover 2 defenses are built to force turnovers. Forcing turnovers are probably the single biggest thing needed to go deep in the p We didn't have the right players for it in the secondary. Not the right LB core either but JSmith can change that if he's 100%. Way too many dropped interceptions and not enough ball hawks. I think Marinelli finally has the Cover 2 defense he(and even Monte Kiffin to a degree) envisioned when they came to Dallas. These guys we drafted seem to be ball hawks and can play zones well. This could be a very dangerous defense this year if this draft class has any kind of impact similar to last year's draft class. Knock on wood for reasonable health.
I agree about the secondary. Cowboys finished middle of the pack at getting pressure. The secondary had to been near the bottom at getting picks. Woods had 14 picks and Lewis also had great ball skills. Abwuzie seemed to not have quite the ball skill's but covers very well and is an upgrade over what we had last year. I think Lewis can play inside and out and what I really like about him is he is always looking back for the ball.