• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you rather have as your lead dog? Peak Early 2000s Shaq or Peak Lebron?

Shaq or Lebron

• Lebron

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Shaq

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is like a sad birthday party that nobody shows up to.

tenor.gif

#PityPost

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is like a sad birthday party that nobody shows up to.

tenor.gif

#PityPost

:spit:

That's just mean.

Funny as hell.

But definitely Top 10 Examples of MJ just being mean, level mean.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the OP, I'm probably gonna regret this, but what the hell...I'll bite.

A bit of a tough call.

Prime Shaq was ridiculously dominant. If he would have listened to Kobe and stayed in shape year round, worked on his game in the off-season, etc. We might be talking about him as GOAT instead of MJ. His combination of size, strength, speed and athleticism was unfair. Dude made guys cry.

But end of the day, I gotta go with prime Lebron. Shaq really only effected the paint. He wasn't defending out to the 3 point line, he wasn't going to be handling the ball to run the offense, he wasn't hitting any shots outside of about 8 feet.

Lebron was/is the ultimate swiss army knife. He literally can defend all 5 positions from the paint to the 3 point line, you need points? He can get you 30+ anytime he wants. You need assists? He'll get you 10+ anytime he wants. You need rebounds? He'll get you 10+ of those too. You need all 3? He's done that a time or 2.

Loved prime Shaq and all he did for the Lakers...but I'll take Lebron.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the OP, I'm probably gonna regret this, but what the hell...I'll bite.

A bit of a tough call.

Prime Shaq was ridiculously dominant. If he would have listened to Kobe and stayed in shape year round, worked on his game in the off-season, etc. We might be talking about him as GOAT instead of MJ. His combination of size, strength, speed and athleticism was unfair. Dude made guys cry.

But end of the day, I gotta go with prime Lebron. Shaq really only effected the paint. He wasn't defending out to the 3 point line, he wasn't going to be handling the ball to run the offense, he wasn't hitting any shots outside of about 8 feet.

Lebron was/is the ultimate swiss army knife. He literally can defend all 5 positions from the paint to the 3 point line, you need points? He can get you 30+ anytime he wants. You need assists? He'll get you 10+ anytime he wants. You need rebounds? He'll get you 10+ of those too. You need all 3? He's done that a time or 2.

You make a decent argument but Lebron defending all 5 positions??... Or Lebron even playing D PERIOD?? :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of a tough call.

Kind of depends on your long term goals. If you only get one or the other for one year - Then I think Shaq is the most dominant ever - if he ever learned to make his free throws - but if you're talking 5 years or more - then you would have to go with LeBron since he has a longer career at the top. The question was very vague and without any parameters as to the conditions.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talking like Shaq was only dominant for 2-3 seasons. :L Dude had over a decade of 20 ppg or more

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a decent argument but Lebron defending all 5 positions??... Or Lebron even playing D PERIOD?? :noidea:

This is why people don't respond to your posts/threads. You make stupid comments like this.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why people don't respond to your posts/threads. You make stupid comments like this.

Lebron is lazy a hell on defense. Everyone has to bail him out. He loses sight of his man, gets beat to the basket often etc. So don't give me the "Can guard all 5 positions" nonsense. Most of the time he hardly guards ONE. :L

Hell I remember the days when pip squeak Kirk Heinrich was lighting him up (and shutting him down on D) ROFLMAO

Last edited:

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"can Guard all 5 positions." Righhhtttttttt:L

Juggernaut on defense I tell ya.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is lazy a hell on defense. Everyone has to bail him out. He loses sight of his man, gets beat to the basket often etc. So don't give me the "Can guard all 5 positions" nonsense. Most of the time he hardly guards ONE. :L

Hell I remember the days when pip squeak Kirk Heinrich was lighting him up (and shutting him down on D) ROFLMAO

Lebron isn't lazy on defense. He's a 33 year old player who plays the MOST MINUTES in the league every year. Perhaps if he were on a team in which he wasn't expected to be the entire offense, he could dedicate more to his defense. But instead he has to pick and choose when he defend.

BTW this particular comment " So don't give me the "Can guard all 5 positions" nonsense. Most of the time he hardly guards ONE." deserves an extra special dose of derision. It's like you are so obsessed with smearing Lebron that you can't even grasp the basic point being made.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude has been an elite defender for most of his career. He has to pick and choose his spots these days because he's 33 with a ton of mileage on his body, but he can still do it.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron. Probably the second most explosive player in the history of the league. In an all-time draft, I'd take him over anyone but MJ.

I swear the younger generations love to hate on success. Lebron is a beast.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talking like Shaq was only dominant for 2-3 seasons. :L Dude had over a decade of 20 ppg or more

LeBron's 10 year numbers were far better than Shaq's over ANY 10 year period of Shaq's career.

Gotta admit, you are coming up with new ways to be stupid every thread. Respect.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew I was gonna regret giving OP the benefit of the doubt.

Yup. Your post made the thread worthwhile to read at least.

And I agree about Shaq. Imagine if he actually committed himself to the game, he would have been Wilt 2.0 but with 7 rings.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's 10 year numbers were far better than Shaq's over ANY 10 year period of Shaq's career.

Gotta admit, you are coming up with new ways to be stupid every thread. Respect.

Lebron's post season domination (Especially finals numbers/Performances where it matters most) aren't on par with Shaqs. domination there.

Lets also not forget, Shaq's West competition (And even competition in the late 90s East) DESTROYS Lebron's East competition, every fucking day of the weak and TWICE on Sunday.

It would be pretty hilarious watching prime/Peak Shaq maul the LeEastern Conference of the last 10 years

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron isn't lazy on defense. He's a 33 year old player who plays the MOST MINUTES in the league every year. Perhaps if he were on a team in which he wasn't expected to be the entire offense, he could dedicate more to his defense. But instead he has to pick and choose when he defend.

BTW this particular comment " So don't give me the "Can guard all 5 positions" nonsense. Most of the time he hardly guards ONE." deserves an extra special dose of derision. It's like you are so obsessed with smearing Lebron that you can't even grasp the basic point being made.

Oh this tired old drivel.. Spare me the BS about "LeBron having to do everything".

Hes had:

-Prime Bosh
-Prime Wade
-Prime Irving
-Prime Love
-Past Prime Shaq
-Past Prime Allen still good
-Past Prime Rose
-Past prime Thomas

... And to top it off a host of 3 point sharpshooters between Miami and Cleveland

... How many players have had had type of supporting help over the last 10-15 years??

This guy has has had more supporting than most players in history can even DREAM OF. He should have hosts and hosts of energy left.

ROFLMAO @ the LeExcuses from the LeTards:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:. Keep em coming. Its comical how far the LeDefenders will go to defend their FRAUD of a hero