• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the NFC West?

Who will win the NFC West this season?

• Total voters

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in my post did I guarantee anything? I made a prediction. AZ improved this offseason as well as Seattle, but let's not forget where we were when Palmer was healthy last year.
I appreciate your fandom.
In what area(s) do you feel Az has the advantage over Seattle?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weatherspoon is the wild card for Arizona. If they can cover TEs then theyll have the best D in football

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your fandom.
In what area(s) do you feel Az has the advantage over Seattle?

Grit. (lol jk)

We likely would've won 12-13 games last season with a healthy Palmer and now we improved around him and hopefully get him for a full season. It has nothing to do with me thinking AZ is better than Seattle (I think we'll split head to head), but I just think we'll win more games or just as many with a healthy QB. We'll see though. I do think the two best teams in the NFC are in the West.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weatherspoon is the wild card for Arizona. If they can cover TEs then theyll have the best D in football
Az was #12 in total D in 2012, #6 in 2013, and #24 in 2014. Understanding that the ineffective offense contributed mightily to the 2014 results, do you think it is likely Az pole vaults up the ladder to #1? Not forgetting that Az lost their DC last year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll need to consistently get pressure with 4 in order for that to happen.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that should win on paper don't always do so on the field.

As with any other division with teams that are more or less close in overall talent, injuries will tell the tale. They did last year and have for a few years. Seattle's SB run was with a team that had a few injuries during the year and got most of their core all back healthy for the playoffs.

Depth and injuries will play a role in who wins. If you are going to try and guess who gets the short end of that stick then by all means do so, but it's still just a guess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Az was #12 in total D in 2012, #6 in 2013, and #24 in 2014. Understanding that the ineffective offense contributed mightily to the 2014 results, do you think it is likely Az pole vaults up the ladder to #1? Not forgetting that Az lost their DC last year.
I actually didnt factor in the DC loss so you have a point there.

Arizona was playing with a ton of injuries on both sides of the ball last year and really took advantage of a lot of interceptions before the defense cooled off. They might just be an injury prone team, though, because they routinely try to find value by picking up good, injury prone players. An actual Arizona fan would have to respond but I think the #6 in 2013 is much more indicative of their talent than their 2014 year. Arizona is a team the stat nerds hated so you'll see them as a 'regression to the means' pick next year except that their potential roster could be much better than the one they were trotting out for most of last year.

Im not excluding the Rams as a team that could get ravaged by injuries because of Foles, Gurley, Saffold and some other key players that have gone down in the past. I think STL and ARI are much more vulnerable to injuries than Seattle so its really hard to pick against the established contender.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Seattle proved they weren't a one hit wonder. That they could sustain it.

2015 is Arizona's year to prove this.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Seattle proved they weren't a one hit wonder. That they could sustain it.

2015 is Arizona's year to prove this.

The NFC West isn't about if a team is a one-hit wonder, it's about who stays the healthiest the longest. Sure, your team is talented, but if Earl, RW, Lynch, Wagner, and Senka from Cool Runnings miss significant time with injury, your team may find it hard to climb atop the mountain again.

The NFC West is the NEW black and blue division. Any team that questions it hasn't played two of the teams in the division in consecutive weeks and come out alive.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the best team in the division and should win barring some kind of Wilson injury.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Seattle,,,,but ill say seattle every year when this question is posed in the off season. Thats the beauty of sports, you have a shot every year.

I know the hawks have some hills to climb though. First and foremost, they've played more football then anyone else the last two years combined. And the injuries really started to pile up at the end of last year.

I do think Zona has a shot. But Seattle handeled them so easily in both meetings last year, im in wait and see mode. Wait and see if Zona can hang with the big boys, wait and see if palmer can stay healthy for an entire year. Wait and see if that defense can be as nasty now that Bowels is gone.

I would also say dont sleep on the rams. That team is nasty, if they could every get QB play theyre dangerous.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle enters the redzone against your teams defense. They proceed to lineup Graham on the outside, Lynch is right behind RW, and RW is signaling they might be thinking read-option.

Your the defensive coordinator about to call what coverage to deploy. Do you call up the safeties to stack the box against the run? Do you commit a player pre-snap to chase RW down if he keeps the ball on a fake to Lynch and runs to the outside. Do you tell them to commit one of those safeties to double cover Graham instead? Go.

Sit back and watch my CB come up with a game winning interception? Go.:bounce:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit back and watch my CB come up with a game winning interception? Go.:bounce:

No no no Jarntt, YOUR player loses the game by dropping the ball. Seattle's player recovers the onside kick and then completes the ridiculous comeback, NEs player makes the pick :)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Seattle,,,,but ill say seattle every year when this question is posed in the off season. Thats the beauty of sports, you have a shot every year.

I know the hawks have some hills to climb though. First and foremost, they've played more football then anyone else the last two years combined. And the injuries really started to pile up at the end of last year.

I do think Zona has a shot. But Seattle handeled them so easily in both meetings last year, im in wait and see mode. Wait and see if Zona can hang with the big boys, wait and see if palmer can stay healthy for an entire year. Wait and see if that defense can be as nasty now that Bowels is gone.

I would also say dont sleep on the rams. That team is nasty, if they could every get QB play theyre dangerous.

Is that some sort of extreme Freudian slip there? B-o-w-l-e-s as in the new HC of the Jets. He's only one person, not an entire movement.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grit. (lol jk)

We likely would've won 12-13 games last season with a healthy Palmer and now we improved around him and hopefully get him for a full season. It has nothing to do with me thinking AZ is better than Seattle (I think we'll split head to head), but I just think we'll win more games or just as many with a healthy QB. We'll see though. I do think the two best teams in the NFC are in the West.

The Cards also lost their DC which may or may not prove to be a problem for them. Based on scoring differential the team should have been an 8 win team. Granted they did lose Palmer which hurt them a lot but the only two games they lost badly without Palmer were the Seahawks games.

I think the Cards finish 2nd and could be a wildcard but unless the Seahawks have a bunch of injuries, which could happen, it is hard to see them taking the division.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team with Russell Wilson throwing to Jimmy Graham.