• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the NFC West isnt the dominant division I thought it would be and Arizona has certainly handled the adversity the best. Its kind of like that Mario Party meme were Luigi just stands there and the other 3 teams fall off a cliff

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand by this in a thread was started before Sam Bradford went down.

Should we bump this when Seattle wins the division? I must admit I had no idea how bad Seattle's locker room was, though

You have no idea about a lot of things evidently.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the Seahawks have lose a few steps. The 49ers have some digruntled players and a coach. GM feud going on. Who will win the Division?

The Rams had a great draft and if Bradford can stay healthy, they have a great chance to win the West.
Arizona will win the NFC West.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea about a lot of things evidently.
Nope. Somehow Im winning a NFL pool right now that was based on predictions from week 1 and my predictions this year were garbage.

I honestly can't believe Arizona fans are gloating right now. You guys haven't won anything and its midseason.

tl dr The Cardinals are who I thought they were and everyone else is letting them off the hook :lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the NFC West isnt the dominant division I thought it would be and Arizona has certainly handled the adversity the best. Its kind of like that Mario Party meme were Luigi just stands there and the other 3 teams fall off a cliff

It's early so don't draw conclusions yet. The NFL is a league of ebb and flow. Injuries being the main game changer. The Cowboys looked good for a bit, even the Bengals and Chargers for a while. The Pats were down and now they are up. Lots of games to go, it well be interesting to see how it finally shakes out.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Somehow Im winning a NFL pool right now that was based on predictions from week 1 and my predictions this year were garbage.

I honestly can't believe Arizona fans are gloating right now. You guys haven't won anything and its midseason.

tl dr The Cardinals are who I thought they were and everyone else is letting them off the hook :lol:

That"s great you are "winning" your NFL pool. At least you have something going for you this NFL season.

BTW- Who is gloating right now? I was speaking to the fact that you think the Rams have the most upside. I think Seattle has much more upside and are much more prepared to be relevant for several years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early so don't draw conclusions yet. The NFL is a league of ebb and flow. Injuries being the main game changer. The Cowboys looked good for a bit, even the Bengals and Chargers for a while. The Pats were down and now they are up. Lots of games to go, it well be interesting to see how it finally shakes out.
It is still very early, I agree. Its just that any narrative of the NFC West being as good or better than it was last year is totally shattered. Now its 'which team can actually be ready and healthy for a run' which is a different spot to be in.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: This is the absolute truth. The Seahawks control their own destiny to win the division right now. As it has been said before, the only thing the Cardinals have done is guarantee them a season of at least 7-9.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW- Who is gloating right now? I was speaking to the fact that you think the Rams have the most upside. I think Seattle has much more upside and are much more prepared to be relevant for several years.
I said the Rams had more upside (and much more downside) than Arizona and this was before Bradford got hurt at the beginning of the year. Thats how old this thread is.

I also said that Seattle was the biggest constant in the division because they'd been the most efficient team in the NFL for the 2 previous years.

At this point, Arizona is in the driver's seat in a banged up but sleeping giant of a division. Whats good if you're a Cardinals fan is the notion that the Cardinals haven't really peaked, either. They've just been grinding out good wins.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the Rams had more upside (and much more downside) than Arizona and this was before Bradford got hurt at the beginning of the year. Thats how old this thread is.

I also said that Seattle was the biggest constant in the division because they'd been the most efficient team in the NFL for the 2 previous years.

At this point, Arizona is in the driver's seat in a banged up but sleeping giant of a division. Whats good if you're a Cardinals fan is the notion that the Cardinals haven't really peaked, either. They've just been grinding out good wins.

Very true. The Cardinals haven't really dominated any game this season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in the toughest division in the game(even Arizona is a handful), with those 6 division games against teams that had great drafts, with a first place schedule, and the league putting a target on your back, you think the Champs falling to 9-10 wins is LOL? You might want to check your history books when it comes to teams that won the Super Bowl and how they did the next season

Bump from 7/9/14. Still accepting Avatar bets that the Champs don't repeat

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll bet you the Seahawks win more then 9 games. As for repeating, they are still in the hunt, but winning even one SB is a challenge, so I'm not going to do avatar bet on that yet.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought losing Karlos Dansby was going to affect Arizona this year. Add the injuries to key positions like QB early in the year and it's amazing how well they've survived it all.

Washington is the bigger loss. But we have compensated by basically playing a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 a majority of the time with our big SS(s) often sliding in MLB roles alongside Foote in non-obvious running situations.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You also said:

"Niners and Rams tie, Seattle misses the playoffs".

In reference to who would win the division.

Niners and Rams are in third and fourth place respectively and Seattle is currently in. Obviously things will change, but c'mon man.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anybody take that bet? It's been a rare occurrence throughout NFL history. That's the equivalent of someone throwing out an avatar bet that the Cowboys don't make it to the SB. Would you take that bet?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet you the Seahawks win more then 9 games. As for repeating, they are still in the hunt, but winning even one SB is a challenge, so I'm not going to do avatar bet on that yet.

My bet still stands too, Wilson Avatar vs Romo Avatar that the Seahawks don't win the Division OR the Super Bowl

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The head coach rarely has much impact on how well a team does.

Recall that Barry Switzer and George Sieffert are Super Bowl winning coaches....

Two guys that prove the "timing is everything" theory.

And for my money the "great" Mike Holmgren falls into that category too. Stacked team like he had and he couldn't repeat?

Then he came to your town and couldn't beat Cowher, letting another average coach win one.....

At least I can admit that a Jerry Jones is a bozo, or that Jason Garrett is in over his head.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet still stands too, Wilson Avatar vs Romo Avatar that the Seahawks don't win the Division OR the Super Bowl

Care to make a avatar bet that the Cowboys don't win the division or the Super Bowl?