• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NBA Championship?

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If they would have called the charge (which it definitely was) on Durant, he wouldn't have been in the game to even take that shot..

A lot of shoulda coulda woulda's but you have to admit if the roles are reversed that foul gets called. Hell all Lebron has to do is run into the lane out of control and bump somone and he is going to the line.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of shoulda coulda woulda's but you have to admit if the roles are reversed that foul gets called. Hell all Lebron has to do is run into the lane out of control and bump somone and he is going to the line.

+1....Bron Bron gets fouled everytime somebody farts in his direction.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the back of the backboard is in bounds for lebron!

Lol it gets downright comical at times. People wonder why the NBA's ratings are shit.... this is why.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol it gets downright comical at times. People wonder why the NBA's ratings are shit.... this is why.

I thought the first two games drew like an 11.8

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first two games drew like an 11.8

Idk what the ratings were, I just remember the talking heads at disney ripping into the NBA during the lockout. I figured they wouldn't be making that up, but knowing them they probably were.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Idk what the ratings were, I just remember the talking heads at disney ripping into the NBA during the lockout. I figured they wouldn't be making that up, but knowing them they probably were.

Im sure the finals just like any other "championship series" have great ratings but I too have heard talk about the regular season being down.

As for the last nights game: the thunder deserved to lose because of bad shots and T.O.'s but the i agree with Cam: the shit that lebron gets away with is comical.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fisher mad the 4 pointer that put OKC up by 10, Durant and Westie had been taken out for having 4 fouls. I would have called a timeout, told them we need to win this one on the road, we have a ten point lead, no fouls KD and Westie, especially reckless ones on offense.

By the time they got back in, with 9 something left in the 4th, they were down by 5

The ratings are up because everyone hates Wade and Bron Bron (not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, etc)

NBA refs aren't blind. Something not right with these calls.

OKC is the future of basketball, young and talented. Should be a force for the next decade. Miami's big three are nothing but a sick joke. Bosh is the only one with any character of the three.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron lacks character? Name one point this season where he has shown a lack of character? He is far and away the best player on his team, but has only talked about the team in wins, especially when he is asked post game about his personal play.

A lot of the comments here scream non-nba watching lebron haters. The NBA refs have been shitty for all of the playoffs. It's not a Heat or Lebron thing. They were bad in the West, as well as Eastern playoff series that the Heat weren't even in. These finals (and playoffs) have actually been very good and gotten great ratings, and if you watch, it is obvious that a single player is the best scorer, passer, and defender on the court. It's crazy how people still give him shit and cheer for him to fail because he left a team when his contract was up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A lot of the comments here scream non-nba watching lebron haters. The NBA refs have been shitty for all of the playoffs. It's not a Heat or Lebron thing. They were bad in the West, as well as Eastern playoff series that the Heat weren't even in. These finals (and playoffs) have actually been very good and gotten great ratings, and if you watch, it is obvious that a single player is the best scorer, passer, and defender on the court. It's crazy how people still give him shit and cheer for him to fail because he left a team when his contract was up.

- I honestly dont watch a ton of NBA but I watch enough to know that there are several players that get preferential treatment, Lebron and Koby come to mind right away but there are a few others.

- I am not a "lebron hater" he is honestly one of my top 5 fav's in the NBA. I just dont love him enough to not see the truth.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron lacks character? Name one point this season where he has shown a lack of character? He is far and away the best player on his team, but has only talked about the team in wins, especially when he is asked post game about his personal play.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=159848&stc=1&d=1278954623

"Every team that has EVER ... won an NBA championship... did so withOUT ... Lebron James"

LeBron calls Cleveland fans "ignorant" and admits quitting 2010 playoffs!

James chose to promote the drama of his decision in an hour-long television special instead of showing "common courtesy" to notify Cleveland and other teams of his plans.

On September 29, 2010, asked by Soledad O'Brien of CNN if race was a factor in the fallout from The Decision, James said, "I think so, at times. There's always – you know, a race factor.

(This about the team that made him one of the worlds highest paid athletes, adored him, bought his jerseys, etc)

Fathead lowered the price of wall graphics depicting James from $99.99 to $17.41, the birth year of Benedict Arnold

Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube

Jordan and Johnson also slammed "The Decision".

From Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski to managing director Jerry Colangelo to NBA elders, the issue of James’ immaturity and downright disrespectfulness had become a consuming topic on the march to the Olympics. The course of history could’ve changed dramatically, because there was a real risk that James wouldn’t be brought to Beijing based on fears his monumental talents weren’t worth the daily grind of dealing with him.

When the mandate had been to gather these immense egos and get the NBA’s greatest players to fit into a program, no one had a more difficult time meshing into the framework than James. Other players made it a point to learn the names of staffers and modestly go about their business without barking orders and brash demands.

No one could stand James as a 19-year-old in the 2004 Athens Olympics, nor the 2006 World Championships. Officials feared James could become the instigator of everything they wanted to rid themselves for the ’08 Olympics. For as gifted as James was, Krzyzewski and Colangelo subscribed to a belief that with Kobe Bryant(notes) joining the national team in 2007, they could win a gold medal in ’08 with or without LeBron James. Behind the scenes, officials had taken to calling James’ inner circle, “The Enablers.”No one ever told him to grow up. No one ever challenged him. And yet, James was still a powerful pull for his teammates, and everyone had to agree they could no longer let his bossy and belittling act go unchecked. These weren’t the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Team USA wasn’t beholden to him.

After the NBA witnessed the behavior of James and his business manager Maverick Carter during the 2007 All-Star Weekend, the commissioner’s office sent word to USA Basketball the league wouldn’t force James on them for the Olympics. Before Team USA gathered for the 2007 Tournament of the Americas in Las Vegas, an unmistakable message had been delivered to James through Nike: Unless you change, we’re serious about leaving you home.

“Legacies were on the line,” one league official said, “and they weren’t going to let LeBron [expletive] it up for everyone in China.”

You are confusing character with ball playing abilities. James is an athletic wonder, a true freak of nature. He would be amazing in any sport.

However, in response to your disbelief, yes, he lacks character.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what facts are you actually siting? A photoshopped sign outside of Akron? What does Lebron's character have to do with the Dan Gilbert dropping the price of Fatheads? You know he owns Fathead right? It sounds to me like it's his panties that are in a wad.

Jordan slammed the decision...ok. A guy who admittedly wasn't going to play one the Dream Team if Isaiah Thomas was on it, a degenerate gambler, and a guy who committed adultery? Great judge of character there.

Then the rest is just speculative stuff about him as a 19 year old?? What reports are there of him ever being a bad or selfish teammate - especially in the Olympics? It's widely known through the league that guys want to play with him.

I have trouble taking any of your post seriously

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what facts are you actually siting? A photoshopped sign outside of Akron?

My belief that it is real is just as valid as your belief that it is photoshopped. I've seen pics of it at two different angles, and Ive seen pics of it after the sign was stolen, leaving only the one above, and the one below.

What does Lebron's character have to do with the Dan Gilbert dropping the price of Fatheads?

Everything

Jordan slammed the decision...ok. A guy who admittedly wasn't going to play one the Dream Team if Isaiah Thomas was on it, a degenerate gambler, and a guy who committed adultery? Great judge of character there.

In debate, that's called tu quoque, which is an attempt dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented. Its a logical fallacy.

Then the rest is just speculative stuff about him as a 19 year old?? What reports are there of him ever being a bad or selfish teammate - especially in the Olympics?

The Olympic fiasco is well known, and well documented.

It's widely known through the league that guys want to play with him.

I doubt that. The stuff he says is belittling to teammates.

Forrest Gump said it best, and boy, does LBJ do it often.

"After the first miss, James walked to the foul line, put his hand on Arenas’s shoulder and said, ‘If you miss both of those free throws, the game is over.’ James walked back to the bench, and hundreds of people sitting nearby saw him wave his hand in front of his throat and say to his teammates that Arenas was a ‘[bleeping] wimp.’"

“I’m only one guy,” James said. “I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard made the shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo made the shot.
“If I could clone myself, we’d be all right. But I can’t.”

A LeBron James team is never desperate.” – LeBron James, referring to himself in the third person

“I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.”

“I love sharing the ball with my teammates. I see a lot of things before my teammates see them.”

“Everywhere I’ve been, I’ve been the best player. I love being a leader, and I love being the best. It’s not about being cocky or selfish or anything like that. It’s just how I am.”

“I’m the next O.J.,”

I’ve always kind of been the tallest person on the team when I was younger but always kind of the smartest. I was ahead of my time.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building "Finally"."

"I can't defer. I'm never in defer mentality."

"LeBron stays humble just by being LeBron."

"One day we might have another LeBron. Maybe."

“In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I’ll be the richest man in the world. That’s one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire.

I have trouble taking any of your post seriously

I can tell.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did rip them as did just about everyone else. However, much to the surprise of most, the ratings for this year have actually been up across the board. Unlike last time (99), the lockout didn't hurt the game at all.

When Fisher mad the 4 pointer that put OKC up by 10, Durant and Westie had been taken out for having 4 fouls. I would have called a timeout, told them we need to win this one on the road, we have a ten point lead, no fouls KD and Westie, especially reckless ones on offense.

By the time they got back in, with 9 something left in the 4th, they were down by 5

Brooks fucked up there. You can take out Durant for a spell but he should have left Westbrook in. He took Westbrook out more for being stubbornly sloppy (as he is at times) than fouls. Problem is, the only scoring left was James Harden. When your best 2nd option is Derek Fisher, you're in trouble. So to no one's surprise, Miami keyed in on Harden and OKC couldn't score.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My belief that it is real is just as valid as your belief that it is photoshopped. I've seen pics of it at two different angles, and Ive seen pics of it after the sign was stolen, leaving only the one above, and the one below.

Everything

In debate, that's called tu quoque, which is an attempt dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented. Its a logical fallacy.

The Olympic fiasco is well known, and well documented.

I doubt that. The stuff he says is belittling to teammates.

Forrest Gump said it best, and boy, does LBJ do it often.

"After the first miss, James walked to the foul line, put his hand on Arenas’s shoulder and said, ‘If you miss both of those free throws, the game is over.’ James walked back to the bench, and hundreds of people sitting nearby saw him wave his hand in front of his throat and say to his teammates that Arenas was a ‘[bleeping] wimp.’"

“I’m only one guy,” James said. “I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard made the shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo made the shot.
“If I could clone myself, we’d be all right. But I can’t.”

A LeBron James team is never desperate.” – LeBron James, referring to himself in the third person

“I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.”

“I love sharing the ball with my teammates. I see a lot of things before my teammates see them.”

“Everywhere I’ve been, I’ve been the best player. I love being a leader, and I love being the best. It’s not about being cocky or selfish or anything like that. It’s just how I am.”

“I’m the next O.J.,”

I’ve always kind of been the tallest person on the team when I was younger but always kind of the smartest. I was ahead of my time.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building "Finally"."

"I can't defer. I'm never in defer mentality."

"LeBron stays humble just by being LeBron."

"One day we might have another LeBron. Maybe."

“In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I’ll be the richest man in the world. That’s one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire.

I can tell.

A bunch of bogus quotes totally out of context mean nothing. You could literally do the same with any player in the league.

And a fake sign and Dan Gilbert being a baby have nothing to do with Lebrons character. They have to do others inability to accept another's choices or legal actions.

And calling someone's character into question in debate isn't uncommon or illogical at all. It actually occurs all of the time in our legal system.

I'm not even a giant Lebron fan, but I find it hilarious to see adults vilify a guy who doesn't cause problems off the court, is reveired by his teammates, isn't gang banging, isnt skipping on child support, or beating his girlfriend. Haters are just gonna hate.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Ways LeBron James' Followers Rub Others the Wrong Way | Bleacher Report

EXCERPT (the last line tells it all)

3. They Act Like They Don't Understand Why People Dislike LeBron

This one probably irks me the most out of all three.

They saw him walk off like a spoiled kid who didn’t get his candy against the Magic in 2009.

They saw his collapse against the Celtics in Games 5 and 6 in 2010.

They saw him virtually spit in Cleveland’s face on live TV so he and Chris Bosh could join his ego-tripped friend Dwyane Wade in South Beach.

They also hear his arrogant comments and watch a grown, 6’9, 265-pound man whine about calls on the court.

I’m sure there’s more, but you can’t be that blind to see how LeBron James brought the hatred on himself.

Oh wait, the big three celebration with his “not four, not five, not six...” championship jazz, too.

This goes back to reason one—standing up for a grown man all the time—and reason two, being so wrapped up in loving LeBron that they have become unaware to his shortcomings or silly behavior.

Did I mention the Michael Jackson dancing in Cleveland? Also entertaining the idea of wanting to go back there? After “The Decision?”

LeBron James is perhaps the most disliked athlete in the whole United States. I’ll choose him over Tim Tebow.

But LeBron fans will call you a “hater,” for some odd reason.

I hate on people I want to be. Take Tom Brady, for example, who had everything handed to him. But that’s another article for another day.

In conclusion, I really will feel bad if LeBron doesn’t win a ring; he had a season for the ages, and people will start blaming him for things that weren't his fault. But I won’t excuse him for it, and will see him in a different light than before.

One thing I noticed is that fans are just a reflection of their favorite players.

Kobe is arrogant, but takes responsibility. His fans are very arrogant, but will let you know he didn’t play well.

D-Wade fans are humble, but will be more willing to let you know he didn’t step up here or there. They are even more dissatisfied in the way he’s been playing in the playoffs, believing he’s not himself.

Carmelo fans represent their favorite player fully, but know which lines are not to be crossed.

LeBron fans? We all know they are a reflection of their favorite player, and then some.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks fucked up there. You can take out Durant for a spell but he should have left Westbrook in. He took Westbrook out more for being stubbornly sloppy (as he is at times) than fouls. Problem is, the only scoring left was James Harden. When your best 2nd option is Derek Fisher, you're in trouble. So to no one's surprise, Miami keyed in on Harden and OKC couldn't score.

Exactly, and, if memory serves, I don't think KD or Westie committed another foul. I, for one, am not happy that KD ended the game with such little playing time in the second half, and with two fouls left.