• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the X factor for the Hawks this season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time that a team has a great season there is always someone who steps up that nobody expected. Who will it be this season? I'm going with Jake Rudock on offense and one of the young defensive linemen on defense.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with the coaching staff as the X-Factor. When Iowa has really good teams, usually it is the excellent talent on the field for Iowa that overcomes the (repeated) coaching errors that take place on a weekly basis. At this point, two years of below average play, I'm not yet certain that the right talent is on the field.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jake will do what we have hoped and be outstanding, possibly the Big 10 offensive new comer of the year.

On Defense, look for Cooper or Lomax to be impact players on defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jake will do what we have hoped and be outstanding, possibly the Big 10 offensive new comer of the year.

On Defense, look for Cooper or Lomax to be impact players on defense.

I think that Cooper is going to be one of the d-line players that will be huge this season and Lomax is a freak athlete. Another freak athlete that better get more pt this season is Nico Law, look for him to break backs this season. I'm ready for some football. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always, always wrong with these predictions. Two years ago I said that Dan Haier (sp?) O-Lineman Juco transfer would come in and dominate, he just about got himself killed in a DUI accident and never saw the field.

Last year I said James Morris would step up and he seemed to actually regress.

I'm hoping...praying....that this becomes CJ Fiedorowicz's year and he turns into the All-American TE we all have wanted him to be. I think this is highly dependent upon Greg Davis' offense and the removal of those ridiculous 2 yard passes that never got the team anywhere. If he opens it up a bit with Jake at the helm, CJ should see more targets and longer routes.

CJ gets 80 catches for 1,200 yds and 8 TDs. He's my breakout/X-Factor player for 2013.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say Damon Bullock. If he put in the slot, which is what I've heard, that means that they are more than comfortable enough with Weisman and Canzeri in the backfield. We also have Hill/Malloy/I think Sam Brownlee has a year of eligibility left.... It also means that Bullock is performing well in the slot and can provide Rudock with a legit weapon to throw to besides CJF.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need that one WR to step up, that Kevin Kasper role, that Ed Hinkel type...going to hope Juco transfer Damond Powell turns into that guy, who goes like Wes Welker and does it all

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CJ F ed and KMM will be huge also. They will need to step up and help our new qb out. I bet CJ gets at least 80 catches this season.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I said the coaching staff is the X-Factor. However, we know what we have already. To move this to the field, I think the X-Factors are going to be the guys on the D-Line. If Iowa can't generate 3-and-outs on defense, it might be a long season.

I think the O-Line should be really strong and I look for several RBs to have very productive seasons. I certainly hope that the running game is a focal point of the offense. And it should set up the QB and the passing game nicely. Besides, eating clock through the running game only makes the defense stronger!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoops finally drank some smart juice. what you said is a complete DUHHH..obvious point, but I agree. there you go...Hoops....I give you a little props..