• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the surprise team in 2015

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that ... Seattle's D is more stacked this year than last year... D line rotation is back, secondary is the best in football still ... We do have a dam tough schedule though ... Bring it! Let's play some football!

Maybe, but I'm not sure that is a foregone conclusion. I can see, say Denver, possibly surpassing that unit this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are wrong, but I don't see missing Pouncey and Bell as that much of a disadvantage.

We have an adequate back up in Wallace. The cohesive nature of the line is not much impacted with Pouncey's absence. Also, with Wallace the team went 3-1 during their final four games in 2013.
Without Bell the worst the team can do is 1-1. Plus, Williams is a good backup and the team will be prepared for Bell's absence, unlike last year where they had no idea who the secondary RB was going to be.

Now our defense is a legitimate concern this year. You can very well make an argument that the Steelers might miss the playoffs because of the defense.

I guess to me it was the questions of the defense and now missing some key guys especially early on in the season. You might be right and they are just fine without Pouncey and Bell for those first couple of games. You still have plenty of fire power on that offense to score with the best of them. When I look around the AFC I do see Pittsburgh as maybe the best offense in the AFC but my problem is with the defense. Just a lot of question marks that make it hard to pick them especially playing in a very difficult division with a very difficult schedule. If Indy played in a tougher conference I would pick them because I trust their defense much less than that of Pittsburgh but they have 3 pretty average at best teams in their division.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I'm not sure that is a foregone conclusion. I can see, say Denver, possibly surpassing that unit this year.

Hmmmm... I think once Kam get's back, which he should, we still have the best safety tandem in the NFL and one of the best corners in the game in Sherman ... Wagner, Irvin and Wright are solid linebackers, No homerism I can see Seattle being the #1 D for the 3rd straight season ... Seattle's D line rotation looks improved right now.. I"m confident going in ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would put the Jets up there as well. If Calvin Pryor takes that 2nd year leap then good chance they are one of if not the toughest team in football to throw on.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle's secondary isn't just really good. They are historically good. Without a doubt one of the best secondary's in the history of football. Probably already THE best secondary of all time.

Thinking your secondary might surpass that is pretty damn wishful thinking.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami, think they win the AFC East.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's secondary isn't just really good. They are historically good. Without a doubt one of the best secondary's in the history of football. Probably already THE best secondary of all time.

I think there is some thought that the top-3 guys have all suffered pretty serious injuries in the last year. They have one that refuses to even play right now and is looking like he could hold out into the season. Another that they are not sure is going to be ready even week 1. And finally another that could have some issues with his arm he hurt. So the LOB right now is the Legion of Broken. Going to have to see what all happens with them over these next few weeks. I do agree they have been legendary these past couple of years but this year definitely has some more question marks heading into it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me it was the questions of the defense and now missing some key guys especially early on in the season. You might be right and they are just fine without Pouncey and Bell for those first couple of games. You still have plenty of fire power on that offense to score with the best of them. When I look around the AFC I do see Pittsburgh as maybe the best offense in the AFC but my problem is with the defense. Just a lot of question marks that make it hard to pick them especially playing in a very difficult division with a very difficult schedule. If Indy played in a tougher conference I would pick them because I trust their defense much less than that of Pittsburgh but they have 3 pretty average at best teams in their division.

I'm downplaying Pouncey and Bell as being huge draw backs as well...The DEF questions are legit...relying on some young guys that showed well at times LY and we're talking about several players...not just 1 or 2....even though they will play some varied fronts with 3 DL and 4 DL as a base look...the scheme is going to be more simple now...more 2 deep S... the hope is the younger players can contribute quicker than in LaBeau's complex DEF.

In '16...I will be more confident in this group in January football....this season should be a step in the right direction...bottomline...they gotta find pressure on the QB with this schedule or the backend is going to find it tough going...10-6 is a step back, but I would be happy with it...I think that will challenge for the DIV.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is my surprise team. They'll surprise everyone with only winning 6 games and ending up 3rd in their division

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't deny that, but that doesn't mean it's unfounded. Like I posted above, I think the Broncos defense is likely to surprise a lot of people this season.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is my surprise team. They'll surprise everyone with only winning 6 games and ending up 3rd in their division

They have a difficult opening 5 games. If they get an injury along the way or can't figure out their running game, they could pull a 1-4 to start the season. Then panic mode will set in.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a difficult opening 5 games. If they get an injury along the way or can't figure out their running game, they could pull a 1-4 to start the season. Then panic mode will set in.
Dez will blow a gasket if they start 1-4. Can't wait to see that :hope:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez will blow a gasket if they start 1-4. Can't wait to see that :hope:

Local media is already in mini panic mode because of the pre-season games so far and their inability to get anything going on the ground. It will be red alert time if they get off to a slow start in the regular season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take that bet.

In all honesty if we call a team not making the playoffs, my biggest surprise would be Seattle. I see no way they are not in the playoffs.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet.

In all honesty if we call a team not making the playoffs, my biggest surprise would be Seattle. I see no way they are not in the playoffs.
True, our schedule is pretty brutal though. If Arizona lives up to expectations, then it should be a slugfest for the division.