• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's also getting hit a lot even if he's not getting sacked...

Not sure what the official QB hit count is, but those saying Denver was going to be so much better were fucking insane. Denver's OL was not that much better than Seattle's last year but a bunch of NFL analysts and social media dorks (including PFF which surprised me) said that Denver's OL was so much better. Bullshit.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has looked like absolute dogs it today and just threw a terrible pic in the redzone

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has looked like absolute dogs it today and just threw a terrible pic in the redzone
Yeah he looks like he should hang it up, terrible.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys he has no feeling in his finger, the one he injured. It was a rumor from a source that should know. Hawks pulled off the greatest trade in NFL History if it's true and it sure as hell looks to be true so far. 53% completion percentage. He is now sub 60% for the season.

This is why you don't "PUSH YOURSELF" when injured to get back on the field, he hurt himself permanently.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos fans are already fed up, the look on their faces was priceless

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Seahawks. Take him back. We'll even take Drew Lock off your hands.

I feel for you I really do, Make sure we get a top 5 pick and cut him ( we don't want that contract ) and we'll scoop him up ( as a back-up lol ) and give you back Lock!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys he has no feeling in his finger, the one he injured. It was a rumor from a source that should know. Hawks pulled off the greatest trade in NFL History if it's true and it sure as hell looks to be true so far. 53% completion percentage. He is now sub 60% for the season.

This is why you don't "PUSH YOURSELF" when injured to get back on the field, he hurt himself permanently.
Was it 2 to 3 more weeks for that finger to heal? Should never have rushed back.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the finger guys, some of you and myself have been saying it for a while.

Wilson still has a great arm, but even before the finger injury the mobility was starting to go. And Wilson relied on the mobility to extend plays and chuck it downfield (which he was great at doing - one of the best deep balls in the league). Wilson in the last couple years has issues identifying plays over the middle of the field, going through progressions, holds onto the ball the longest of most QBs in the league, and hangs his OL out to dry (another 4 sacks and 8 QB hits in tonights game with this OOOH so much better OL).

It was absolutely ridiculous that most analysts and fans were screaming about how much better Denver's offense was going to be. Fucking bullshit. Another thing, listening to Richard Sherman and especially Pete Carroll after week 1... those guys fucking hate Russell Wilson. I wonder how long this was going on. Carroll talking about how it's not one guy, Sherman clearly ecstatic that Wilson lost.... wtf was going on in that locker room? My thought is Wilson went full on "me mode" and I think after that Super Bowl loss against New England there was even more shit going around that locker room than anyone was led to believe.

Reactions: MrS

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been bad, but he's not getting a lot of help. Jeudy can't catch and he wasn't the only one dropping balls. Weak play calls. Bad coaching game management.

That whole thing is a disaster.

You love to see it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the finger guys, some of you and myself have been saying it for a while.

It's his completion percentage. He is off target ALL the time now. His throws are High leading to INT's and low ( at the feet of WR ). Watch a game, he is moving around fine and had a 5.5 YPC average this game. It's his throws they look bad even when they catch them they are off target. I have never seen Wilson miss so many throws in his whole time here as I have in the first 4 games this season. He put the ball into the ground on a dump off to a wide open player.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his completion percentage. He is off target ALL the time now. His throws are High leading to INT's and low ( at the feet of WR ). Watch a game, he is moving around fine and had a 5.5 YPC average this game. It's his throws they look bad even when they catch them they are off target. I have never seen Wilson miss so many throws in his whole time here as I have in the first 4 games this season.

Not going to disagree with you there, but regardless of the finger issue (and now shoulder) his mobility is not what it was a few years ago. He's not fooling anyone on the DL with his signature spin move anymore, and defenses are clued in that he locks onto his first target and fails to the see the field. It started in 2020, before the finger issue.

It worked good for Russ early in his career because 1) had a good run game, 2) an elite defense, and 3) his athleticism to extend plays... a lot of us could see in the second half of the "Russ cook year" that it was over. Last season further solidified that and obviously this season is putting the nail in the coffin.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell didn't have to run to be successful though, Some of his best games he worked out of the pocket. Losing the feeling in a finger you might as well cut it off because it's useless at that point to someone that relied on it as the last finger off the ball and the guiding finger AND the finger that put the most rotation onto the ball.

Hey what is that site that would put QB's Ball RPM in their stats like 5 years ago? I would love to see his RPM's I bet they are cut way down. I'm going to start watching the spin on his throws.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Wilson miss so many throws in his whole time here as I have in the first 4 games this season. He put the ball into the ground on a dump off to a wide open player.
even in his worst games here he somehow managed to have a high passer rating, I dont remember him ever having a game as bad as last night.