• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be starting at QB this year?

Who will be starting at QB this year?

• Total voters

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too injury prone. Put him in the slot and let him run sweeps and options.

Cardale is a solid backup, but he isn't really what I'd consider an all around weapon. Reminded me a lot of Jamarcus Russell. Strong arm, too big to arm tackle, not too fast but good enough to move chains.

JT is probably the best threat at QB IMO. He had a great year, minus the first 3-4 games. Of course he had to mold though.

I would definitely take JT as my starter though.
It was really only the first two games he struggled. He went off in the 3-4 games, to the tune of 10 TD-1 INT

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with JT and will stick to that regardless of who wins the competition. Unless his injury somehow impeded his skills, he was the best OSU QB I've seen in many years. He is better than Pryor, Smith, even Hoying and Germaine. He knows how to guide this team and get the most of our skill position guys. I feel the most confident with him, though I'll say if Cardale wins it I won't be shocked. He showed up big in the clutch. Braxton has to be a distant third, IMO. He's always been an athlete playing QB, and it has cost us games in the past. For his future, he needs to move positions. He isn't an NFL QB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me Miller is the 3rd option @ QB in '15, too many injuries. And while what Cardale did during that 3 game run was magical I'm going w/ JT for what he did last year before the injury bug got him.

Can't wait for the season to finally get here.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I went with JT and will stick to that regardless of who wins the competition. Unless his injury somehow impeded his skills, he was the best OSU QB I've seen in many years. He is better than Pryor, Smith, even Hoying and Germaine. He knows how to guide this team and get the most of our skill position guys. I feel the most confident with him, though I'll say if Cardale wins it I won't be shocked. He showed up big in the clutch. Braxton has to be a distant third, IMO. He's always been an athlete playing QB, and it has cost us games in the past. For his future, he needs to move positions. He isn't an NFL QB.
I like JT. But he is in no way better than Smith, Hoying and Germaine. Maybe he will be someday. How many of his passing yards and TD's were "forward handoffs"?
I went with Cardale because JT still has three years left and to me they are a tossup. Braxton should switch to H back. He will never be a QB in the NFL so he might as well prepare for it now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like JT. But he is in no way better than Smith, Hoying and Germaine. Maybe he will be someday. How many of his passing yards and TD's were "forward handoffs"?
I went with Cardale because JT still has three years left and to me they are a tossup. Braxton should switch to H back. He will never be a QB in the NFL so he might as well prepare for it now.
I would take JT over Troy any day. His numbers last year dwarfed what Troy did in 2006, and that was with no real offseason preparation as the starter. You give him an entire offseason working with the starters and further developing his rapport and he'll put up even bigger numbers.
It's hard to compare him to Germaine and Hoying with their different systems, but he did have more yards and TDs than either in their best years and he did it with less attempts, not to mention the nearly 1000 yards/11 TDs he contributed with his feet.
He essentially did last year what we were all hoping Terrelle Pryor would do.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take JT over Troy any day. His numbers last year dwarfed what Troy did in 2006, and that was with no real offseason preparation as the starter. You give him an entire offseason working with the starters and further developing his rapport and he'll put up even bigger numbers.
It's hard to compare him to Germaine and Hoying with their different systems, but he did have more yards and TDs than either in their best years and he did it with less attempts, not to mention the nearly 1000 yards/11 TDs he contributed with his feet.

Off topic, but I went to DBA again two weeks ago. Had a swordfish special that was so fucking good I wanted to slap my momma.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching all three of his games for the past 3 months. Won't let the wife delete them until at least next season starts.

Such an awesome 3 game stretch to watch. I don't know about you guys but I always find myself wishing Gus Johnson could call every one of our games afterwards.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Consider this: Troy did what he did in a Jim Tressel offense. That was a major handicap. In an Urban Meyer O with the tools JT had? I think Troy could have won two Heisman trophies. Like I said. A LOT of JT's passing yards were throws of no more than 12 inches. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, but I went to DBA again two weeks ago. Had a swordfish special that was so fucking good I wanted to slap my momma.
I was talking to the girlfriend and we're gonna head down there for my birthday in August, I think.

We're going to The Lockview in downtown Akron for dinner/happy hour tonight. Heard of it?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this: Troy did what he did in a Jim Tressel offense. That was a major handicap. In an Urban Meyer O with the tools JT had? I think Troy could have won two Heisman trophies. Like I said. A LOT of JT's passing yards were throws of no more than 12 inches. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.
Where are you seeing this? I just got done watching his highlight film, which featured most of his TDs, and I didn't see any "12 inch" throws. He did that pitch play a few times, but that was a very small fraction of the work he did.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT also did all of his work with 1 week of prep as the starter in the offseason. Troy basically had a full season and a full offseason.

Also, JT's tools? Didn't Smith have a 1st round RB, two 1st round WRs and a 2nd round WR? He had more than enough tools at his disposal.

I actually counted and he had one TD pass that was that little shovel pass.

Last edited:

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where are you seeing this? I just got done watching his highlight film, which featured most of his TDs, and I didn't see any "12 inch" throws. He did that pitch play a few times, but that was a very small fraction of the work he did.
A few times? You watched different games than I did. They ran this play at least 3-4 times a game. Many went for big yards. Those were passes of less than 12 inches.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JT also did all of his work with 1 week of prep as the starter in the offseason. Troy basically had a full season and a full offseason.

Also, JT's tools? Didn't Smith have a 1st round RB, two 1st round WRs and a 2nd round WR? He had more than enough tools at his disposal.

I actually counted and he had one TD pass that was that little shovel pass.
Whatever man. I said we can agree to disagree. I guess that isn't good enough for you. So YOU WIN. Damn.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few times? You watched different games than I did. They ran this play at least 3-4 times a game. Many went for big yards. Those were passes of less than 12 inches.
Well if they ran it 3-4 times a game and he was throwing the ball 25+ times a game, I just don't get where you're saying "A LOT" of his yards came from it.
Whatever man. I said we can agree to disagree. I guess that isn't good enough for you. So YOU WIN. Damn.
No need to get mad, dude. It's just a healthy debate about two really good QBs.