• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was the better player? Same Position

Who was the better player? Same Position

• Total voters

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did not realize how good Bagwell was... He is not just a HOF, but he is a top 10 all time 1B...
yup

and honestly...i think its guys like him that keep the sox from rushing to trade prospects these days, and over valuing them.

bagwell was stuck behind some great players here at 3rd (boggs) and first (mo vaughn) had no more options.

local kid, born and raised...drafted by his hometown team...hits 450 HR in houston.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

and honestly...i think its guys like him that keep the sox from rushing to trade prospects these days, and over valuing them.

bagwell was stuck behind some great players here at 3rd (boggs) and first (mo vaughn) had no more options.

local kid, born and raised...drafted by his hometown team...hits 450 HR in houston.

and had a significantly better career than Mo Vaughn... too bad the redsox are not good at Hindsight seeing...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a switch hitter like Bernie the porch comes into play. I think the average SH hits lefty about 65% of the time at least.

For his career his home/road splits couldn't be much closer though.

.295/.383/.475 at home
.299/.379/.479 on the road

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

The Hartford Red Sox?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
born in boston

raised in hartford

ever heard of new england?

its neat

buncha states.

Ah, so you're talking about the New England Red Sox rathet than the Hartford Red Sox? I didn't know that was an MLB team either.

My ex-wife grew up near Simsbury, she'll be surprised to learn that she's a local Bostonian.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you're talking about the New England Red Sox rathet than the Hartford Red Sox? I didn't know that was an MLB team either.

My ex-wife grew up near Simsbury, she'll be surprised to learn that she's a local Bostonian.
im not sure where i called him a "bostonian". can you point that out to me? i DID say hes a local kid (new englander). carlton fisk was a local kid too...VT. (played at UNH and keene state, both of which are very close to where i live drive time wise.)

im not a bostonian either, but i am a new englander.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure where i called him a "bostonian". can you point that out to me? i DID say hes a local kid (new englander). carlton fisk was a local kid too...VT.

im a bostonian either, but i am a new englander.

"...drafted by his hometown team"

I bet that Jeff fondly remembers skipping school with his friends and riding their bikes for 13 hours to catch a game at Fenway though :wink:

I'd also add that when he was growing up both Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium were closer to him anyway.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...drafted by his hometown team"

I bet that Jeff fondly remembers skipping school with his friends and riding their bikes for 13 hours to catch a game at Fenway though :wink:

I'd also add that when he was growing up both Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium were closer to him anyway.
i grew up in worcester.

the sox are my hometown team.

theyre in boston, not worcester. my "theoretical childhood bike ride to boston" was about 8 hours.

im also a bruins fan, theyre my hometown team...and guess what?

whalers games were closer for me ;)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i grew up in worcester

theyre in boston, not worcester.

At least in that case they're the team that was actually physically closest to you :wink: Killingworth, CT is about 3x as far from Fenway as Worcester and across a state line.

I hope you're not taking offense or anything, this is all in good fun.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i grew up in worcester.

theyre in boston, not worcester. my "theoretical childhood bike ride to boston" was about 8 hours.

im also a bruins fan, theyre my hometown team...and guess what?

whalers games were closer for me ;)

Like I said, 3x the distance. If Worcester took you 8 hours (Google maps has it at less than 4 hours) then Killingworth would have taken you over a day.

Also TD Garden seems to be about 15 miles closer to Worcester than the Hartford Civic Center anyway, but I suppose that might depend on where you lived in Worcester.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, 3x the distance. If Worcester took you 8 hours (Google maps has it at less than 4 hours) then Killingworth would have taken you over a day.
considering he grew up a sox fan, im not sure why we're arguing this.
and no, no offense taken.

in new england, everyones "local" unless you're from jackman maine or new haven CT (rule of thumb is south of hartford is yankee teritory)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering he grew up a sox fan, im not sure why we're arguing this.
and no, no offense taken.

in new england, everyones "local" unless you're from jackman maine or new haven CT (rule of thumb is south of hartford is yankee teritory)

If you'd said he was drafted by his "favourite" team I wouldn't have said a word.