• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was the best team in each P5 conference in 2016?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Washington will most likely meet up this season in the PAC championship game and that should be a good one for sure. Chances are the winner of that game will head to the playoffs.

What about the pirate??

I hear he has something up his hook.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the pirate??

I hear he has something up his hook.
He puts out solid teams and does more with less than most coaches. Last year's Apple Cup (UW vs WSU series) decided the PAC North champion. With that said, Leach's WSU teams have been absolutely wrecked by Petersen's UW teams in all three matchups. This year they play in Seattle.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HxtdgfF.jpg
But but the committe said they were putting high emphasis on being conference champs...:rolleyes2: I wish Wisconsin would have won and got in to expose this system.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but the committe said they were putting high emphasis on being conference champs...:rolleyes2: I wish Wisconsin would have won and got in to expose this system.

You sure they'd get in even if they would have beaten PSU?? They had 2 regular season losses and one of those was to Ohia St.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC: Clemson
SEC: Alabama
Pac-12: Washington (USC may have been tearing it up at the end of the season, but UW was more consistent.
Big 10: Ohio St. (just barely)
Big 12: Oklahoma

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll play

Alabama 31
Chattanooga 3

Alabama 49
Tennessee 10

Chattanooga is better

I agree, Chattanooga is nice, Knoxville is a dirty shithole full of sneaky snitches.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do you have USC listed as the best? .

Over the last 9 or so games of the season...USC was the best team in the PAC. Going 9-0 and beating the PAC champ, the PAC South champ and the B1G champ speaks to them being pretty darn good.

However, it's about the whole season and Washington had the better whole season and won the PAC. That makes them the best team in the PAC last season, imo.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 9 or so games of the season...USC was the best team in the PAC. Going 9-0 and beating the PAC champ, the PAC South champ and the B1G champ speaks to them being pretty darn good.

However, it's about the whole season and Washington had the better whole season and won the PAC. That makes them the best team in the PAC last season, imo.

Better record yes, conference champ yes but better team at the end was USC. If you put their records side by side UW had the better year and should have been placed in better bowl (playoffs) but USC surpassed them as a team by the end. Alabama was the better team all season yet at the end Clemson was better.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost the war in the trenches. I also know Petersen is a hell of a tactician and would have had a quite different plan in a rematch. I would have taken UW purely on the history and experience of both head coaches.

It was a solid season for both considering recent history so I don't really know why it's worth arguing over which had the slightly better season.
Jesus... not only that, but we already did this like 8 times after the game. Had such a great time last year, the future is bright, the program is finally nationally relevant again (which is even more fun considering it's the first time we get to experience it in this modern media era). Why anyone wants to argue someone's opinion that USC was a better team is beyond me, UW lost that game, and it ended up not really being relevant in the season's outcome...

New Year coming.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better record yes, conference champ yes but better team at the end was USC. If you put their records side by side UW had the better year and should have been placed in better bowl (playoffs) but USC surpassed them as a team by the end. Alabama was the better team all season yet at the end Clemson was better.
You still confuse the terms better team with better game. Clemson was better in their game against Alabama and USC was better in their game against UW. That does not indicate automatically that either are overall better teams. I mean appalachian state wasn't better than Michigan the year they beat them, they just played a better game that day.

It really doesn't matter at all. It was a football season and both USC and UW had seasons to be proud of for various reason, and a few low points. Who the fuck cares about arbitrary things that aren't provable to begin with?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still confuse the terms better team with better game. Clemson was better in their game against Alabama and USC was better in their game against UW. That does not indicate automatically that either are overall better teams. I mean appalachian state wasn't better than Michigan the year they beat them, they just played a better game that day.

It really doesn't matter at all. It was a football season and both USC and UW had seasons to be proud of for various reason, and a few low points. Who the fuck cares about arbitrary things that aren't provable to begin with?

What if USC had a bad game but it was good enough to beat Washington. I mean since were just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.
Clemson had the better QB who was on target. That usually wins. Same with USC UW. It's just the truth.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if USC had a bad game but it was good enough to beat Washington. I mean since were just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.
Clemson had the better QB who was on target. That usually wins. Same with USC UW. It's just the truth.
Who denied which teams won? Again you can't grasp simple concepts. The team that wins any given game isn't always the overall better team. That's a plain old fact.

And

It

Doesn't

Fucking

Matter

A good time was had by all.

:tsk:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just wayyyyyyyyy to objective and "un-homeristic" to be on the hoop. Come on man!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who denied which teams won? Again you can't grasp simple concepts. The team that wins any given game isn't always the overall better team. That's a plain old fact.

And

It

Doesn't

Fucking

Matter

A good time was had by all.

:tsk:

There have been games where the better team actually won. I have seen it happen a few times. lol

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
USC
Ohio State

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigTen: meeeechegan
ACC: meeeechegan
SEC: meeeechegan
Big XII: meeeechegan
12 Pac: meeeechegan

:harbs3:

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you fuckers are wrong

ACC- Miami, I heard posters all year claim Miami had the #1 QB in the NFL draft

BigXII - Texass, they beat ND and were back

Big- Michigan...remember Haurbaugh is the best coach ever

SEC- Ole Piss, E$PN, told us they were the best 1 loss, no 2 loss, no 3 loss, no 4 loss team. I think they gave up after 4

Pac- UO, they have Nike and that's all that matters