• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to root for in conference

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, I don't even know the best way to get polling respect. I'm tired of the rooting for team A to beat team B but lose to team C so team C can be ranked and give us a quality win.

New plan. Beat everyone we play by at least six touchdowns. Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Our schedule is going to be weaker than the SEC teams and Big 12 teams no matter what. By the end of the season, the computers should be ranking us above Clemson, Stanford, and Boise. The key is to win big so there can be no doubt that we are better than any undefeated besides the OK/OK State winner and LSU/Bama winner. We then got to hope that one of those teams loses another game.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep winning every game by 30+ and it doesn't matter for the polls.

The computers are a different story, since they don't use margin of victory like they should.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if they get ranked ahead of any of those teams if LSU and Oklahoma go undefeated. Even a one loss LSU would go ahead of an undefeated Wisconsin. I hope the team isn't even thinking about it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if they get ranked ahead of any of those teams if LSU and Oklahoma go undefeated. Even a one loss LSU would go ahead of an undefeated Wisconsin. I hope the team isn't even thinking about it.

I defintely disagree with the bolded and don't know why people think it is true. Let's say Oklahoma, us, Stanford, and Boise go undefeated but nobody in the SEC does. The pollsters would almost certainly have us at #2 and LSU/Bama at #s 5 and 6. The computer polls might favor the SEC, but they are only 1/3 of the overall BCS standings. The B1G is the #3 ranked conference according to computers. After a title game, we would find ourselves ranked at worst #5 according to the computers (behind OK, OK State, LSU, and Bama). If Oklahoma is at the #1 spot in most computer polls (which would almost certainly be true), we would be a statistical lock to make the BCS Title Game.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you guys would jump Oklahoma after the CCG, assuming you go undefeated.

OU's schedule would weaken when OK St. loses a couple, and Texas keeps losing..

although, the point is moot, cause Huskers will get revenge in Indy. :cool2:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call showing up to cheer for Michigan State "revenge."

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now we need to root for Nebraska to beat Penn State, and Penn State to beat Ohio State. It's gonna be tough for either of those teams to win on the road.

Only way the Badgers make the CCG is if we win out (including a win vs. Penn State), PSU has two losses (one of them to us, giving Wisconsin the tiebreaker) and Ohio State gets a third conference loss.

I don't see Ohio State losing any more games other than Penn State at home or maybe Michigan on the road, but they own Michigan.

Penn State needs to lose 2 of its last 3, so if they beat Nebraska, we need them to lose to Ohio State and us and then for Ohio State to lose to Michigan.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State could very well lose their last three games. But that means Wisconsin would have to step it up and be one of those teams to take them down.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, someone also has to take down Ohio State, and one of their remaining opponents is Penn State.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, we need Ohio State to get one more loss to someone. It has to be either Penn State or Michigan. If it's Penn State, then we need Nebraska to come out of Happy Valley with a win.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, we need Ohio State to get one more loss to someone. It has to be either Penn State or Michigan. If it's Penn State, then we need Nebraska to come out of Happy Valley with a win.

I really don't want to count on Michigan's defense, but we might have to.