• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to Choose?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Randle needs to take the next step?

A. Time

B. A Mentor

Some games I watch him and I'm blown away.

Others, he is invisible.

Mostly, he needs time. He needs to develop a consistent mid-range shot. Right now, when he gets rolling, he can hit that shot and it helps open up his drives to the hoop. But he hits it too inconsistently. Then he tends to stop shooting when it's not falling.

He finds other ways to contribute, but the Lakers really need more consistent scoring from him. Last night is a good example, he had 7 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds. The 7 rebounds and 7 assists is nice, but the 7 points came on 2-8 shooting. He should be taking at least 12-15 shots per game, imo.

I'd like to see him pattern his game after Zac Randolph. I think he can be a faster, more athletic version of him.

One thing that Luke is doing with the guys that I really like is he is teaching/encouraging them to develop daily routines that stay the same all season long. Pretty much all of the best NBA players and guys who stick around for long careers have a daily routine that helps them to be consistent.

I don't know if he needs a mentor, but it wouldn't hurt. I know Metta likes working with him, but he tends to sit back and wait for the young guys to come to him, which young guys don't always do. I'd like to see Metta do more of the "Hey youngster, come here, I've got something to tell you" type of mentoring than waiting for Randle to ask him questions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch virtually every game...lol

th

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly, he needs time. He needs to develop a consistent mid-range shot. Right now, when he gets rolling, he can hit that shot and it helps open up his drives to the hoop. But he hits it too inconsistently. Then he tends to stop shooting when it's not falling.

He finds other ways to contribute, but the Lakers really need more consistent scoring from him. Last night is a good example, he had 7 points, 7 assists and 7 rebounds. The 7 rebounds and 7 assists is nice, but the 7 points came on 2-8 shooting. He should be taking at least 12-15 shots per game, imo.

I'd like to see him pattern his game after Zac Randolph. I think he can be a faster, more athletic version of him.

One thing that Luke is doing with the guys that I really like is he is teaching/encouraging them to develop daily routines that stay the same all season long. Pretty much all of the best NBA players and guys who stick around for long careers have a daily routine that helps them to be consistent.

I don't know if he needs a mentor, but it wouldn't hurt. I know Metta likes working with him, but he tends to sit back and wait for the young guys to come to him, which young guys don't always do. I'd like to see Metta do more of the "Hey youngster, come here, I've got something to tell you" type of mentoring than waiting for Randle to ask him questions.

Wow...I was actually thinking Z Bo with hops.

He can play bully ball. But, he can also go around, thru and over some guys.

I like him alot and see why some were against including him in trades.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would watch and root for the nearest team to my home but you can also just watch the game without having a favorite team. That is why I don't like the NBA trying to achieve polarity (I think that's the right word) in the league. Even people without a home team could always get up and excited to watch for example the 1980's Celtics lose to the Lakers on Christmas day or visa versa. The league needs a king of the hill or two. A dynasty to root against or for. Just my opinion.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rank them as follows:

1) Charlotte
2) New York
3) Washington

Whatever team you choose to go for it won't be a bad choice, all 3 of those teams are teams I follow as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I never thought about it before, but some of you that responded live in LA and have had the whole Rams thing to deal with over the years, which is a pretty similar situation that I'm in.

I've decided it's going to be the Hornets. I watched both the Knicks and Wizards play last night and found myself rooting for the Knicks. But I also found myself getting frustrated at the dysfunction of aging stars. Krystops is definitely one of my favorite players, but it's not worth following an entire team for one player IMO. So my heart goes back home to the Carolinas. The Hornets it is!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Randle needs to take the next step?

A. Time

B. A Mentor

Some games I watch him and I'm blown away.

Others, he is invisible.
his defense needs to get better- and since he doesnt have great size it would be nice if he developed an outside shot.

his shooting percentage is pretty poor for a PF. He is going to have to raise that considerably to be an "efficient" PF that is worthy of top 10 consideration at one of the most stacked positions in the league.

His passing ability gives him the opportunity to be a top 10 player at his position, but he needs to develop a shot, and just try and get better defensively somehow.

The Lakers defense is just terrible right now which is not surprising since they are a young team- but you would have hoped spending tons of money on Deng and Mozgov would have helped more than it did- the improvement on defense is mainly going ot have to come internally on defense.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, forget about geography. Here's what you should do. Get League Pass, watch as many games as possible. You'll naturally find some team(s) you like watching and then narrow it down from there.

Matthew Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watching the cavs, spurs game tonight?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got to see the Wizards, Knicks and Hornets on TV the past week and found I was really rooting for one team. Decision made. Bought the teal version of this shirt the other day.
thumb.aspx

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got to see the Wizards, Knicks and Hornets on TV the past week and found I was really rooting for one team. Decision made. Bought the teal version of this shirt the other day.
thumb.aspx

Love the jerseys.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, image didn't load. Trying again. Got the teal version of this shirt:
thumb.aspx