• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who thinks we have a real chance against Bama?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so scared of this match up. What they do well is what we struggle to defend. As the old saying goes "run it up the middle" I can see a very long night Jan 2nd! The only hope I think OU has is to platoon the QB's with Knight and Bell but give them each significant time. Not in for one play out on the next. Auburn was able to run on Bama with the read option but Bama will have a month to prepare for that. We need to come out and throw the ball and then go to the read option. If there are a lot of 3 and outs by the offense this could get UGLY in a hurry. Opening line was Bama by 11 and I think that is generous to OU. We could put up a doughnut if Bama's D comes to play like they did against LSU. I think all we can do is hope for the 08 Bama that played Utah to show up. I would love to see OU be competitive in this game. Anybody really believe we will?

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a competitive game for the most part, just depends on which OU team shows up, Stoops usually plays a good underdog role (except for the Baylor debacle) They need to come out and play mistake free football and they have a shot.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to the passing game, OU has to make Bama run and settle for field goals. OU is weak on both sides in the passing game but we own the advantage in the kicking game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams bring their 'A' game, we'll get smoked.
Our only hope is for Alabama to play like they did against Utah a few years ago.

I think our only chance to win is for Knight to be completely healthy and ready to go.
The playbook is wide open with Knight, and a lot of it nobody has ever seen. Match that with some great game planning, and we have a chance.

I know what Bell did against OSU, but we have seen Bell to many times just get shut down. Alabama will shut Bell down without any problem. Knight is the only hope.

Our Defense will get shredded with a motivated Alabama team, and the only hope we have is to slow them down enough to make it a shootout, with Knight as QB.

I think we have a legit chance if we bring our 'A' game and Alabama brings their 'C/D' game. It's entirely possible. There is no accounting for motivation/demotivation of any given team in a Bowl game until it's played.

There's one last thing to this. It's the play of the Seniors. I think Seniors that know they are going to the NFL play "not to get hurt" vs "playing to win" in these types of Bowl Games. Alabama is loaded with them, and we are not. Advantage Oklahoma.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think OU will get smoked, Bama's offense will have to pass all day to do that and that's not their primary focus. I think OU can hang with them, the defense has really grown up through the season and I expect them to try and make a statement in this game. But the biggest factor is I don't see Bama coming into the game as motivated as OU. Bama came out flat a lot this year and if they do that against OU...we have a chance to shock the CFB world.

If Bell starts Heupel needs to play to his strengths and not Knights...that was a problem all year, they want Bell to be like Knight and he isn't. Let the running game get going and work in play action passes, forget the read option if Bell starts and perhaps what we saw on the last drive of Bedlam will be there all game.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correct answer: It doesn't matter what we think. Only what the team thinks. :lol:

Seriously, our best chance is to fire Heupel now and give a new OC time to implement an offense that has a chance. Typically, in big bowl games of the past, we are so damn one dimensional, a high school coach could beat us. If we come out and think bubble passes are going to win this, we're delusional. We're going to need to mix it up like we did in Bedlam, plus some. Hopefully, the brothers Stoops are watching game footage of the Bama/Aub game to see what worked.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games aren't won on paper! Gotta line up and play some football. A pick six or special teams TD by OU and who knows. Saban to Texas rumors etc.. Could make Bama unfocused and distracted plus the fact they're almost 2 TD favorites they might overlook the Sooners.

Boomer Sooner

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys have a real good shot at beating this team...they could only muster 28 pts against Auburn:

90th in total defense
66th in rush defense
102nd in pass defense
38th in scoring defense

You guy stat wise have a lot better defense than Auburn and if Bell comes back your offense is solid as well. Good luck gents

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck yeah we got a chance! You always gotta believe, not matter what the odds are. You never know....

post-32316-Omar-winks-gif-The-Wire-Imgur-8Gq4.gif

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we make an impressive showing in this game win or lose. Doesn't matter if we win everyone will say Bama didn't want to be there. I just can't shake the feelings from last year where we went in to play a very suspect A&M defense and just got rolled because the defense couldn't get off the field and the offense was just miserable. In my mind both losses this year had to do with the offense going 3 and out so many times the defense just got wore out. Against probably the best defense we have seen all year the offense is going to have to do their part. If the defense keeps getting thrown back on the field we will be in trouble.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all gravy from here. Who would've guessed after shitting the bed against Tejas they'd be playing Bama in a BCS bowl? I'm pretty excited to see what they can do against the tide.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, 10-2 this year, for this team, exceeded most OU fans expectations, or at least realistic expectations.

Next year really could be something special.....

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you guys but "shitting the bed" against Bama to quote Kevin would set the program back even farther that it is now. Stoops and co. have not been generating steller recruiting classes the past 4-5 years and a bad loss against the Tide could make it worse.