• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who stays and who goes?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't cut Vinny. Our competitors will snatch him up, esp. giants, cowgirls, skins. Either restructure, or if he won't trade him to an AFC team for the best we can get, even a 7th round pick. Same with Foles.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is far too expensive and coming off a significant injury isn't worth the investment. No other team will pay him anything near what his current contract calls for.
The Eagles stand to lose a goodmany players. Howie is in a bind with the Cap.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't cut Vinny. Our competitors will snatch him up, esp. giants, cowgirls, skins. Either restructure, or if he won't trade him to an AFC team for the best we can get, even a 7th round pick. Same with Foles.

My concern with the Curry situation is that I am not even sure a 7th will be coming. Maybe that’s to reactionary, but it just feels similar to the situation with DeSean years ago. No, not comparable players....but why would a team offer anything for a player they fully expect to be cut and come free.

More and more teams have found this the play with these situations. Hold the valuable picks and take a chance to grab a guy when he comes free. I guess the only thing that might be changing over a few years ago is that teams are learning to value those draft picks a little less than they have in the past.

It seems all these personnel decisions are super interesting this year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we do about Brent Celek? Apparently he still wants to play and remain with the Eagles.. Does he have anything left in the tank and how much of a paycut would he have to take? I love Celek, but I think we have to move on.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't pay Celek 5 mil ... I can see if we had a ton of cap room, but it just makes zero sense. Cut and resign for 1 mil then sure. We'd still be on the hook for a mil for his SB anyhoo so he'd count for 2 mil against the cap; it would still open up 3 mil in cap space.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we do about Brent Celek? Apparently he still wants to play and remain with the Eagles.. Does he have anything left in the tank and how much of a paycut would he have to take? I love Celek, but I think we have to move on.

Celek is only a tough one due to sentimentality. And I admittedly suffer from that as well. He’s an Eagle lifer. But, put that aside and it has to be a no brainer. He would need to take a substantial cut as he is not much more than a solid blocker at this point. He has decided to keep playing, and I respect it.

He is a substantial pay or personnel cut. With all the debatable moves this year that one feels easy when the sentiment is taken out.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read today. Mortenson saying don’t discount the Eagles moving a CB for a pick. It’s not sourced, feels speculative. But, it got my mind working.

I have really liked finally being surplus over deficit at CB. But, someone like Darby could be moved for a pick and save a few bucks too. He is on the last year and could be a hard to afford piece in a year.

It would put more on young guys like Mills and Douglas, and make the emergence of Jones that much more critical. But, it’s not like the secondary fell apart while he was out last year.

If a decent mid rounder could be gotten that could help take pressure off debates like Foles. As more time passes on that one I would feel better paying premium to have him as insurance next year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd want a 3rd, as that we paid to get him, along with Matthews. He's solid, but not great, and we others to replace him. We already have 2 4ths, so I want a 3rd if we move him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd want a 3rd, as that we paid to get him, along with Matthews. He's solid, but not great, and we others to replace him. We already have 2 4ths, so I want a 3rd if we move him.

Totally agreed! That was just how the report I read came out too...something like a third for Darby works. Not sure if it is possible. But if it is I would take it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stays- michael Bennett

Goes- Vinny Curry.

There....I contributed...

Reactions: ill

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the cap situation, anyone else feel like we move BG instead of Curry?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham needs to be restructured and paid. Malcolm Jenkins is another guy who will likely be restructured which will save us possibly another 2 mil under this year's cap (a chunk of this year's base transferred into a signing bonus they can split up into next season). Curry's likely just getting cut ... I highly doubt anyone's willing to take on his 9 million base.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's making a big mistake not restructuring his deal. If he gets cut, then no team is going to give him anything close to what he's making currently, IMO.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Darby and Burton!

Keep Celek "ONLY" if he majorly restructures - else he doesn't want to be here bad enough. We need to recoup that 3 mil from him or he needs to go.

Curry - gone