• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who SHOULD be the Hall of Fame - Class of 2018?

What five Modern-Era Finalists SHOULD be inducted?

• Total voters

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins should be a slam dunk

I see two people put Lynch on their list and not Dawkins and Im flabbergasted. Dawk should have been first ballot and if he doesnt make it this year he has Polamalu and Reed coming and taking away the Safety votes. John Lynch over Dawkins is just completely absurd. I understand Lynch was a very good player but he was the 3rd best player on that Tampa D behind Brooks and Sapp. Dawkins was the heart and soul of Philly's D and his statistics absolutely obliterate Lynch's numbers.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with:

Lynch (obviously)
Owens
Moss
Lewis
Urlacher

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big lunch fan, but Dawkins was way better.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kramer is possibly the biggest HOF snub in history. Only member of the 50th anniversary team not in the HOF.

5-time first team All-Pro, 5 NFL titles, and two SB rings. Not many O-lineman have that resume.

And he also handled place kicks.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on breakfast & dinner? Which is more important?:D

Goddam autocorrect.

Well since you asked.

Yam Meal Power Rankings

1. DINNER: Dinner has had a strong run since yams wife acquired an instant pot for Xmas.
2. BREAKFAST: New bagel shop near the house has breakfast nipping at dinners heels in the ranks.
3. LUNCH: Recent offerings from Cafe at work has lunch bringing up the rear in this week's power rankings.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see two people put Lynch on their list and not Dawkins and Im flabbergasted. Dawk should have been first ballot and if he doesnt make it this year he has Polamalu and Reed coming and taking away the Safety votes. John Lynch over Dawkins is just completely absurd. I understand Lynch was a very good player but he was the 3rd best player on that Tampa D behind Brooks and Sapp. Dawkins was the heart and soul of Philly's D and his statistics absolutely obliterate Lynch's numbers.

You could make an argument for Simeon Rice and Ronde Barber as well depending on what point in Lynch's career it was as well.

I like Lynch, but there is no way he should go in ahead of Dawkins.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could make an argument for Simeon Rice and Ronde Barber as well depending on what point in Lynch's career it was as well.

I like Lynch, but there is no way he should go in ahead of Dawkins.

Exactly. Good point too. And I’m not ripping Lynch cause he was freaking good. Brian Westbrook was great too and put up over 2000 yards in a season like Gurley just did but that doesn’t mean he should get voted over Emmitt Smith.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the non senior members though I'm going:

Hutch
Moss
TO
Lewis
Urlacher

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the T.O. thing. I don't have an issue with keeping him out on the first ballot as a kind of punishment for being a douche and quitting on teams as he did now and then but enough is enough. The numbers are clear and he's a Hall of Famer. With you on Moss and Lewis too.

When was T.O. ever accused of quitting? Being an asshole doesn't make you a quitter. I'm guessing you don't have Moss on your list, right?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hutchinson and faneca were dominant

As someone who saw Hutch play, Faneca was far superior for a longer period of time. Hutch was made by Jones, got his big payday, was great for 3 years, decent for one and average at best on the back end, living mainly off reputation.

Steve Hutchinson is not a Hall Of Fame player.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boselli over Dawkins. NO WAY NO HOW.

Why not? It's pretty clear there is no absolute standards as far as HOF is concerned...given that, IMO, I can EASILY make a case for Tony Boselli over Brian Dawkins.

I've seen tons of left tackles in my life, and the only guy who I can probably say was better than Boselli was Anthony Munoz. Not Ogden, or W. Jones, or Pace, or Shell or J. Thomas or W. Roaf or......The point is, in several decades of watching football, I put Boselli at no worse than 2nd.

I can't say the same thing for Dawkins. As great as he was, and is most deserving of the HOF, I'd put Ed Reed, Kenny Easley, and Ronnie Lott ahead of him for starters, and I think you can easily make a case for Earl Thomas in today's game.

Boselli was THAT dominant, and I couldn't care less that he only played 6 or 7 years or whatever. He played long enough for me to spot his talent.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for these finalists....meh.....again the NFL screws up by emphasizing more offense than defense representatives - so I'm picking three from each side of the ball. I despise the phony lowlife, but Lewis is automatic, as should Dawkins and Urlacher be as well. Offensively I'd go Owens, Moss and Boselli.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who saw Hutch play, Faneca was far superior for a longer period of time. Hutch was made by Jones, got his big payday, was great for 3 years, decent for one and average at best on the back end, living mainly off reputation.

Steve Hutchinson is not a Hall Of Fame player.
well faneca is, and first ballot

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was T.O. ever accused of quitting? Being an asshole doesn't make you a quitter. I'm guessing you don't have Moss on your list, right?

He quit on individual plays when he felt they didn't throw to him enough and he was so disruptive he got sent home with games remaining in a season.

I do have Moss on my list. Once again, if you bypass him as a first ballot guy for some of his actions that's fine but the numbers speak for themselves, he's a Hall of Famer.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Owens.

Moss is accused of quitting on plays.

TO has the numbers.

TO will get in but he was a worse teammate, calling out his QB's as quitters or gay. TO couldn't hold Moss jockstrap and he reminded me of Dez when he was in Dallas, dropsies, Randy was an athletic freak

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went Lewis, Moss, TO, Boselli and Hutchinson.

I really with Butler would make it to be a finalist but he was finally a semifinalist this year